New Music Video: Busta Rhymes - Czar (Remix) ft. CJ, M.O.P.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
CJ should have kept his verse on his iPhone.

yep, weak link.
Busta has a bunch of artists signed to conglomerate and puts an outsider on this. Smh

The main boss from Lionheart could've kept his verse, he trash and ruined the vibe

yeah OK good

I thought the SAME DAMN THING

he was WEAK

and is he BLACK?

cause there were a whole lot of n words coming out his mouth

Update: He puerto Rican from Staten Island

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

madgoose

International
International Member
should of left CJ on the editing room floor. Busta & M.O.P. proven track record, goes together like ackee & saltfish

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian this is busta’s problem. You have all these artists signed to you, but you won’t give them the push by placing them on your album or any remixes
Current acts

I'm trying to think who was under Busta from flip mode to today who he had a direct hand in blowing up?

Rah Digga?

does Roc Marcino count? Cause I don not think so....

hold on Stove God STILL under Busta? (which is crazy cause he got an album of the year candidate with Roc production)

I love Busta... but he gets NO credit for that brother current work.

O.T. is a money maker... is that REALLY Busta?

I aint nothing from Mook

Trillian and J-Doe I HEARD of but not seriously.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
I'm trying to think who was under Busta from flip mode to today who he had a direct hand in blowing up?

Rah Digga?

does Roc Marcino count? Cause I don not think so....

hold on Stove God STILL under Busta? (which is crazy cause he got an album of the year candidate with Roc production)

I love Busta... but he gets NO credit for that brother current work.

O.T. is a money maker... is that REALLY Busta?

I aint nothing from Mook

Trillian and J-Doe I HEARD of but not seriously.
Roc Marci absolutely doesn’t count. Busta tried to have him blackballed but it backfired because Roc had good relationships with everyone busta called to tell not to work with him. O.T. made his own lane really big singles but never a follow up. The stove god roc connection is busta trying to make amends for what he pulled with roc

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Roc Marci absolutely doesn’t count. Busta tried to have him blackballed but it backfired because Roc had good relationships with everyone busta called to tell not to work with him. O.T. made his own lane really big singles but never a follow up. The stove god roc connection is busta trying to make amends for what he pulled with roc

Buss F*CKED UP with Roc

and its crazy cause by all accounts Bus is a really good dude.

And he got Roc EARLY

Roc has been a crazy successful independent artist SINCE and linked up with Griselda.

Not bad at ALL

It was crazy when I heard Busta on like 2 Griselda records I DID raise an eyebrow

but I like that everyone has been able to move past and work together.

I hope ONE DAY ( I doubt it ) that Mach Hommy can also return to the Griselda camp

Especially since it seems they ALL will be leaving Shady soon.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Buss F*CKED UP with Roc

and its crazy cause by all accounts Bus is a really good dude.

And he got Roc EARLY

Roc has been a crazy successful independent artist SINCE and linked up with Griselda.

Not bad at ALL

It was crazy when I heard Busta on like 2 Griselda records I DID raise an eyebrow

but I like that everyone has been able to move past and work together.

I hope ONE DAY ( I doubt it ) that Mach Hommy can also return to the Griselda camp

Especially since it seems they ALL will be leaving Shady soon.

@playahaitian Don't doubt it at all

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
@playahaitian
New York Drill Rapper CJ Is Nothing But a Shameless Ripoff

Currently sitting at No. 19 on the Billboard Hot 100, CJ’s “Whoopty” is the biggest-ever New York drill song not made by Pop Smoke. Through a combination of TikTok virality and a traditional push on the city’s airwaves—which was no doubt aided by the fact that CJ’s uncle, James Cruz, was once the president of Bad Boy Entertainment—the Staten Island rapper has shot up the ranks behind the weight of a single song.

Late last year, during an interview on a low-budget YouTube show called Talking Nasty with Ricky, CJ mentioned how “Whoopty” was the first drill song he ever made. It sounds like it. The beat’s Bollywood sample was used to better effect on Memo600 and King Von’s 2019 track “Exposing Me,” and the raps are borderline 22Gzkaraoke. He doesn’t have anything to say or know a fresh way to say it.

CJ’s new single “Bop” is another retread. The slickness of the way he raps the word “slide” on the hook clearly mimics Coach Da Ghost’s signature ad-lib, and his dance moves in the video make it feel like you’re watching a parody that doesn’t realize it’s a parody. Regardless, he signed a deal with Warner earlier this month and is currently preparing to release his debut EP, executive-produced by French Montana (who has similarly butchered drill beats in the past).

The discussion of originality has always been attached to New York’s drill music. We’re only about four years removed from the days when it was strictly considered a diluted version of a Chicago style. Or when Pop Smoke was accused of ripping off another peer, Sheff G. But Pop was eventually able to put his own spin on the subgenre’s bulging sound; I don’t believe CJ ever will.

The CJ experiment appears to be nothing more than a cash grab—backed by an unholy combination of New York rap royalty, Spotify playlists, TikTok, and major labels desperate to find the next big hit. You could probably say the same about the emergence of Dusty Locane, who unmistakably sounds like Pop Smoke. He’s also from the same Brooklyn neighborhood as Pop and even repeats the same ad-libbed chants of “Dior! Dior!” Unlike CJ, Dusty’s songs (there are only three) are kind of irresistible, though it’s hard not to feel like they’re just temporarily filling a void.

Even with these copycats taking center stage, I still feel like better things are ahead for New York drill, with newcomers like Bizzy Banks, 26AR, and Rocko Ballin currently twisting the style in fresh directions. But for now, we’ll have to power through while watching the New York rap ecosystem try to cover up CJ’s ripoffs with big numbers.
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/cj-whoopty-new-york-drill-fat-joe-dababy/amp/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

Currently sitting at No. 19 on the Billboard Hot 100, CJ’s “Whoopty” is the biggest-ever New York drill song not made by Pop Smoke. Through a combination of TikTok virality and a traditional push on the city’s airwaves—which was no doubt aided by the fact that CJ’s uncle, James Cruz, was once the president of Bad Boy Entertainment—the Staten Island rapper has shot up the ranks behind the weight of a single song.

Late last year, during an interview on a low-budget YouTube show called Talking Nasty with Ricky, CJ mentioned how “Whoopty” was the first drill song he ever made. It sounds like it. The beat’s Bollywood sample was used to better effect on Memo600 and King Von’s 2019 track “Exposing Me,” and the raps are borderline 22Gzkaraoke. He doesn’t have anything to say or know a fresh way to say it.

CJ’s new single “Bop” is another retread. The slickness of the way he raps the word “slide” on the hook clearly mimics Coach Da Ghost’s signature ad-lib, and his dance moves in the video make it feel like you’re watching a parody that doesn’t realize it’s a parody. Regardless, he signed a deal with Warner earlier this month and is currently preparing to release his debut EP, executive-produced by French Montana (who has similarly butchered drill beats in the past).

The discussion of originality has always been attached to New York’s drill music. We’re only about four years removed from the days when it was strictly considered a diluted version of a Chicago style. Or when Pop Smoke was accused of ripping off another peer, Sheff G. But Pop was eventually able to put his own spin on the subgenre’s bulging sound; I don’t believe CJ ever will.

The CJ experiment appears to be nothing more than a cash grab—backed by an unholy combination of New York rap royalty, Spotify playlists, TikTok, and major labels desperate to find the next big hit. You could probably say the same about the emergence of Dusty Locane, who unmistakably sounds like Pop Smoke. He’s also from the same Brooklyn neighborhood as Pop and even repeats the same ad-libbed chants of “Dior! Dior!” Unlike CJ, Dusty’s songs (there are only three) are kind of irresistible, though it’s hard not to feel like they’re just temporarily filling a void.

Even with these copycats taking center stage, I still feel like better things are ahead for New York drill, with newcomers like Bizzy Banks, 26AR, and Rocko Ballin currently twisting the style in fresh directions. But for now, we’ll have to power through while watching the New York rap ecosystem try to cover up CJ’s ripoffs with big numbers.

Ok i am happy my first gut reaction was accurate...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@playahaitian

yo I aint no expert in Brooklyn drill

and a lot of is cookie cutter

but damn this kid wack, he basic, they should call him CJ Maxxx

he discount

but I can SEE THE MONEY in the videos.

he can't rap.

again these drill rappers aint super lyrical miracles by any means

but there is a STYLE and FLOW necessary

Pop sounded like Prime 50 Cent doing drill (RIP)

Favio even though his bars are BASIC as f*ck he got a personality and delivery I like.

I will try to listen to the other dudes that were mentioned.

sidebar...

I know I am in the minority

but I aint really heard no one outta BKrecently hit harder and better then Young MA.

still

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The fact that he’s related to James Cruz explains how he got on that remix

yo he can't even do the dance

bro.. my old ass can do that DANCE

hell I think my folk INVENTED that dance

it ain't tha hard.

did you HEAR the lyrics to this mess

Slide