New Movie Trailer: Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
32cd30f9effe3142258c1dc46633237d

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How is King Kong tall enough to fight Godzilla?
He used to climb buildings.
Now he is as tall as buildings?
I'm out.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
How is King Kong tall enough to fight Godzilla?
He used to climb buildings.
Now he is as tall as buildings?
I'm out.

I’m will assume you joking

You do know this is not a documentary based on historical facts

The shit ain’t real. They can do whatever they want.

HaHa!!!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m will assume you joking

You do know this is not a documentary based on historical facts

The shit ain’t real. They can do whatever they want.

HaHa!!!
I don't know what you are talking about.

I am talking about the original King Kong. He took the white woman and climbed up the empire state building with her.

Now I am in this thread and I see him fighting Godzilla. Who is as big as the empire state building.

All I am saying is "When did this happen"? "How is King Kong big enough to fight Godzilla"?

Have a good day.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I don't know what you are talking about.

I am talking about the original King Kong. He took the white woman and climbed up the empire state building with her.

Now I am in this thread and I see him fighting Godzilla. Who is as big as the empire state building.

All I am saying is "When did this happen"? "How is King Kong big enough to fight Godzilla"?

Have a good day.
It's just this version. Skull Island made him bigger in order to fight Godzilla and explained that he was still growing. Consider it a kaiju multiverse.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I don't known what to make of this. It's tro much cgi and kong has tech upgrades. I like kong skull island the best. They should've kept thee films in by gone eras like the +0s and 80s

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire director breaks down Kong’s new nemesis​

Who is the Scar King? Adam Wingard and Rebecca Hall explain.
By Staff Author

Published on March 29, 2024

Godzilla has accumulated his fair share of villains over the years. When the great kaiju isn’t fighting humanity, he’s typically tussling with the three-headed King Ghidorah, his own metal doppelganger Mecha Godzilla, or a number of other monsters.

Kong, on the other hand, has never really had a nemesis worthy of its own name. Sure, back on Skull Island, he would clash regularly with dinosaurs, and he does have a bad relationship with human airplanes, but no recurring enemy. He even made peace with Godzilla by the end of 2021’s Godzilla vs. Kong.

That’s what director Adam Wingard wanted to change with his new movie Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. Enter the Scar King, ruler of the titular “new empire” — a hidden civilization of giant apes located deep within the Hollow Earth that was first discovered in Godzilla vs. Kong.

“What's exciting about that is knowing that, as apes, these aren't just reactive animals; they have a higher intelligence,” Wingard tells Entertainment Weekly. “The Scar King is a major threat because, unlike most giant monsters, he's not just doing things in an instinctual way. He's doing it in a very evil, contemplative way. He's making decisions, and he's ego-driven. In that way, he's very much a dictator character. It was a lot of fun to be able to play with a character that's both a giant monster but also a conniving presence.”

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

COURTESY OF WARNER BROS. PICTURES
This villain is also physically different enough from Kong to make their match-up interesting. While Kong is big and muscular, seeking to overpower every obstacle in his way, the Scar King is lanky and cunning.

“The idea with him was always that his agility gives him an advantage in a one-on-one fight, but he’s also in possession of the Titan equivalent of a weapon of mass destruction,” Wingard says. “So he's a very multifaceted villain in that sense because he's a threat in lots of different ways. He commands an army, he commands this even bigger monster, and he's a jerk. He’s very much the anti-Kong.”

Within the context of the movie, the task of explaining the Scar King falls to actress Rebecca Hall, who plays Monarch scientist Dr. Ilene Andrews. In another interview with EW, Hall explained her secret to making exposition entertaining.

“I'm very aware that I'm the straight person in the dynamic of this story, while these guys get to be pretty comedic on some level,” Hall says, referring to her costars Dan Stevens and Brian Tyree Henry, who were sitting alongside her during the interview. “But it helps to have a person who's deadpanning and also providing all the lines of exposition. I actually take pleasure in being extremely serious because I know that I myself am not that way. Every time the camera stops rolling, I’m laughing at myself and the whole situation because I do actually think that sense of play translates and makes it enjoyable to talk to a tennis ball on a stick like, ‘it’s Godzilla. This is terrible…’ See? I can slip right into it.”

Henry adds, "I remember me and Dan were just sitting back, all we had to do was be in the shadows and possibly nod at what she was saying. I was just like, I have no clue how Rebecca's doing this,’ but take after take after take, she nailed it.”

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire is in theaters this weekend.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

FYI, the ‘X’ in Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Is Silent​

By Roxana Hadadi, a Vulture TV critic who also covers film and pop culture
fa7d41fa34a8b8038c5044c5737ef78549-godzilla-kong-name-blog.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Warner Bros.
Every so often, you get an email that makes you stand up, go to a window, and stare outside for an indeterminate amount of time, wondering what choices have led you to this place. A message from an old friend with whom you lost touch, a sobering medical diagnosis, another report about how our world is steadily dying. And most recently: the directive from publicity teams handling Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, informing journalists that the “x” in the film’s name is silent when said out loud. “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire is how it is written; Godzilla Kong The New Empire is how it is said.” This is what the Hollow Earth has wrought, I guess — hollow letters.
Movie titles have long been on a drastic slide toward nomenclature incomprehensibility. What goes into deciding when a Fast & Furious film goes by “F,” “Fast,” or “Furious”? Why was the second Mission: Impossible film “2” and the third “III”? But while the reasoning for these choices is probably nonsensical, at least they don’t challenge us phonetically. You see the words in the film’s name, you say the words in the film’s name, and now you’ve said the film’s name. It’s easy!

This is not the case, apparently, with Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. Fine, let’s accept this. So how are you supposed to say the film’s name? What’s the cadence, what’s the rhythm? Does the colon before The New Empire necessitate a pause? Does that mean there’s no pause between Godzilla and Kong? Are we supposed to emphasize their names with the exact same amount of effort because the film is about them both? Or does Godzilla get more oomph because he got a whole lead-up show about the hunt to find him? Should we replace the “x” with a slash and get some Godzilla and Kong fan fiction going? Where does this all end?!
Please send Ethan Hunt and Dominic Toretto to fetch me from this window. Thanks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

‘Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire’ Roars To $10M Previews, Breaking Records For Legendary Monsterverse – Friday AM Box Office​

anthony-dalessandro-1.jpg

By Anthony D'Alessandro

Anthony D'Alessandro

Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
@AwardsTony

More Stories By Anthony​

March 29, 2024 7:33am
'Godzilla x Kong' box office

King Kong expressing his happiness about Thursday's preview figures for 'Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire'Warner Bros Pictures

FRIDAY AM: Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire made $10M in previews, according to Warner Bros — the best ever for Legendary‘s Monsterverse, beating the first film in the series, 2014’s Godzilla, which did $9.3M. There was a lot of walk-up business Thursday night. As we told you last night, the audience score on this is high. PostTrak is 5 stars. It’s a really fun creature feature with a lot of heart; heck, it’s even better than Jurassic World: Dominion. Seriously.
Tracking firm Quorum this morning raised its projections for the movie on the high end to $66M-$74M Godzilla x Kong is the only new wide studio entry this weekend.

Good Friday is always a big box office day, so we’ll see where this takes Warners. Per ComScore, 77% of K-12 schools are on break today, along with 39% colleges out. Monday after Easter also looks great with 57% K-12 schools off and 14% colleges.
Social media monitor RelishMix says that the social media universe across TikTok, Facebook, X, YouTube and Instagram is 508.8M, which is 39% ahead of sci-fi norms. It’s also not that far from Legendary/Warner Bros’ own Dune: Part Two, which had a reach of 575.7M.
While RelishMix says that word of mouth was mixed in advance of previews, perhaps sentiment will change. Remember, fans always come out on Thursday.
Reports RelishMix: “Devotees of the franchise are pumped about the latest installment, with the trailers sporting fan theories like ‘Could it be the Kong Titanus Tiamat killed? Or is it an insane war veteran from the Great Titan War?’ Fans also appreciate this film moving into the absurdity of its concept, saying ‘It’s such a good time to be a Kaiju fan. And I love how this series is leaning into batshit insanity’ as well as ‘This is so ridiculous! I can’t wait to watch it.'”
Firehouse_231208_stills_g_sRGB_2000x838_thumbnail.jpg

Elsewhere on Thursday, Sony’s Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire ranked No. 1 among regular-release movies with $2.7M at 4,345 theaters, -6% from Wednesday, taking its first week to $57.7M. While the movie opened higher than its 2021 predecessor Ghostbusters: Afterlife, $45M to $44M, the first week of Frozen Empire here is behind Afterlife by 9%. Remember, Afterlife played its first week over Thanksgiving.
MCDKUFU_UV027.jpg

Universal Pictures / Courtesy Everett Collection
DreamWorks Animation and Universal’s Kung Fu Panda 4 posted a third Thursday of $2.1M at 3,805 theaters, +5% from Wednesday for a third week of $25M, running total of $141.4M. The fourthquel will eclipse the domestic take of Kung Fu Panda 3 today which finaled at $143.5M. KFP4 is pacing 14% behind 2008’s Kung Fu Panda‘s running domestic cume through three weeks.

Legendary/Warner’s Dune: Part Two did $1.9M at 3,437 in its fourth Thursday, -12% from Wednesday for a fourth week of $25.5M and a running total of $241.2M.
Fourth belongs to Neon’s Sydney Sweeney horror movie Immaculate, at 2,354 theaters. Thursday’s estimated $636K take ends the pic’s first week at $7.8M.
Fathom has another set of The Chosen episodes, which did around $494K Thursday at 1,037 locations.
FRIDAY 12:03AM: In the wake of Dune: Part Two, Kung Fu Panda 4 and Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, Legendary/Warner Bros’ Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire continues to provide momentum to the box office following a lack of event titles in Q1 due to the strikes. Sources tell us that the Adam Wingard-directed monster mash movie is seeing $8M from Thursday previews that began at 3 p.m. in roughly 3,400 locations. That’s arguably the second-best previews ever for a Legendary’s Monsterverse movie, following the first Godzilla in 2014, which posted $9.3M. That Gareth Edwards-directed lizard romp went on to make $38.4M on its first Friday with a 3-day of $93.1M.
ADVERTISEMENT

Warner Bros didn’t return request for comment on tonight’s estimates.
Opening domestic projections for Godzilla x Kong earlier this week were at $50M.
While Rotten Tomatoes critics gave GxK the second-worst reviews for the Monsterverse at 56%, RT audiences currently think it’s the best of the Legendary lizard/ape movies at 92%. We’ll see if that simmers down. Audiences’ previous fave in the series? 2021’s Godzilla v. Kong, which also was directed by Wingard and opened over the Easter holiday period to a $48.1M five-day — reigniting moviegoing following exhibition’s yearlong shutdown in major box office markets. GvK was available day-and-date in theaters and on Warner’s streaming service then called HBO Max.
OBA_TRANS.png

GxK is expected to play in 3,850 theaters on Friday boosted by Imax, PLFs, ScreenX, D-Box and 4DX. There also will be some sharing of Imax auditoriums with Legendary and Warner’s own Dune: Part Two. That movie is the highest-grossing title of 2024 to date, with $239.3M stateside and near $600M worldwide.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It’s the human element that continues to be the weak point of these movies. It takes forever to get to the good shit because of all the unnecessary dialogue. Other than that, I actually liked this movie because of the kaiju action was dope af.

Godzilla getting juiced up! Kong with the Bionic Arm!!! The new kaiju that were introduced were cool, but I feel like we keep getting the same type over and over in different packages. Would be nice to see a different version of kaiju. No more spiders, snakes, birds, monkeys or lizards. A fresh take would be good.

Godzilla ain’t playing no games with anybody. You outta pocket, I’m serving hands on sight is his motto. Kong is smart and bout that life too though. He told little homie to show me where they at. Lmao! Little homie tried to play him, but Kong was like oh, you think I’m a bitch? No hoe ass niccas over here, son. Lmao!

The human element just wasted time. This movie could saved 30 minutes of screen time if they cut out 2/3 of the dialogue. It just took to long to get the damn point. The chick was annoying, the black dude was overly annoying, and the hippy dude was annoying.

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see the tie-in with Monarch the series in this movie.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I haven't watched it yet but my brother saw it, he said it was garbage. Was going to take my daughter to see it, but I might wait til it's in the BGOL Hollywood section.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Monster Mash

PRAISE: Going back to Hollow Earth a few months after the season finale of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters is fine by me especially when the movie starts with a well enough foundation of everyone and thing adjusting.
The world adjusting to Godzilla,Kong and other Kaiju creatures. Jia (Kaylee Hottle), the mute child with a special connection with Kong adjusting to life on Earth. The best parts of the film for me are all of the interactions and fights between the creatures. The standout is Kongs discovery of and face offs with other giant gorillas ruled over by the cruel, vicious Skar King and a younger simian creature that bonds with Kong. There's some great CGI work throughout the movie that still brings back memories of movies like The Land That Time Forgot. Oh and also the latest Planet of the Apes movies.The action sequences are fun and exciting and I applaud the designers and SFX crews who came up with some great creature designs.

PROBLEMS: Godzilla kind of takes a back seat in this one. It's as if the movie says let's see what he's up to for a few minutes oh OK back to Kongs story and the humans being silly for the most part, Godzilla will be back for the inevitable team up.I think i laughed once at the human antics.There are a couple of predictable moments especially an ultra predictable moment when a character that gets taken out rather quickly.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½