BGOL Investor
@Coldchi you looked at the Lexus LX 600? They're sick too
c004dca.png
I hate them so much

RSbiiW.jpg

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Caddy is totally different from the sedans. If you need the room it's a no-brainer.

Jag is gonna be in the shop most of the time and the Audi is blah compared to say, the Bimmer.

Mercs are breakdowns waiting to happen but if you want one, get a BRABUS.

Every car I've had people have said would have issues and I never had a real problem with any one of them. So I say, treat your car well, 9/10 you'll be alright no matter the manufacturer unless you've bought a lemon. I've had the 2005 Chrysler 300, 2010 Jaguar XF, and currently own a 2015 Ford Mustang and 2016 Hyundai Tucson; which supposedly has a lot of engine issues but I've had no problems at all with mine. Might be trading in the Tucson for an X6 next year or go with a pickup like a Dodge Ram or F150 so I have the space for a home depot run.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Every car I've had people have said would have issues and I never had a real problem with any one of them. So I say, treat your car well, 9/10 you'll be alright no matter the manufacturer unless you've bought a lemon. I've had the 2005 Chrysler 300, 2010 Jaguar XF, and currently own a 2015 Ford Mustang and 2016 Hyundai Tucson; which supposedly has a lot of engine issues but I've had no problems at all with mine. Might be trading in the Tucson for an X6 next year or go with a pickup like a Dodge Ram or F150 so I have the space for a home depot run.

You've been fortunate then. People, and more importantly car publications don't just make shit up. The cars they say are prone to mucho shop time are there for a reason.

Understand that we're talking percentages. A particular car may be rated frequent shop visitor because 8% of the run was bad. And that may be a particular engine or tranny or whatever with a specific problem that the manufacturer knows about and corrects in the next generation.

8% may not seem like a lot but if you have one of the 8% you ain't a happy camper.

Truth be told many of the cars rolling off the line as we speak have defects the manufacturers are aware of. There are hundreds of examples of production continuing even though the makers knew of issues - even potentially fatal ones - with the vehicles. Probably culminating with the infamous General Motors Internal Memo.

Regular maintenance is essential for any ICE car because it's full of moving parts. Any fool should know that so saying it's the reason you've had no trouble isn't a valid explanation. As I said, you've been fortunate and so have millions of others but don't kid yourself that the ratings of cars and the list of "most unreliable" are not based on reality.

Glad you've been lucky but as someone who's been working on cars for over 50 years I can tell you there are other owners who've had nothing but trouble - the other end of the spectrum.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Imma keep an eye on this thread since I'm in the same mode of looking to buy something new in that price range. I'm not pressed since my X5 is good. I do tend to favor vehicles where I climb up a bit to get in the driver's seat rather than scrunch down, nahmean? Just wondering if you've included any EV or hybrid vehicles?

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You've been fortunate then. People, and more importantly car publications don't just make shit up. The cars they say are prone to mucho shop time are there for a reason.

Understand that we're talking percentages. A particular car may be rated frequent shop visitor because 8% of the run was bad. And that may be a particular engine or tranny or whatever with a specific problem that the manufacturer knows about and corrects in the next generation.

8% may not seem like a lot but if you have one of the 8% you ain't a happy camper.

Truth be told many of the cars rolling off the line as we speak have defects the manufacturers are aware of. There are hundreds of examples of production continuing even though the makers knew of issues - even potentially fatal ones - with the vehicles. Probably culminating with the infamous General Motors Internal Memo.

Regular maintenance is essential for any ICE car because it's full of moving parts. Any fool should know that so saying it's the reason you've had no trouble isn't a valid explanation. As I said, you've been fortunate and so have millions of others but don't kid yourself that the ratings of cars and the list of "most unreliable" are not based on reality.

Glad you've been lucky but as someone who's been working on cars for over 50 years I can tell you there are other owners who've had nothing but trouble - the other end of the spectrum.
My point was just because something is common doesn't mean that another person's experience will be the same. Despite cars having issues there are people out there with the same make/models that have no issues at all so if you really like something, go for it.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
My point was just because something is common doesn't mean that another person's experience will be the same. Despite cars having issues there are people out there with the same make/models that have no issues at all so if you really like something, go for it.

*sigh*

I never said "common." I never said everybody's experience would or is the same. Reread. It doesn't seem like you understand anything about vehicle repair or reliability.

What I said was, that the least reliable cars are generally 8-13% of the model have above-average repair costs. Full stop. That means 87-92% of the model will only have average repair costs.

Now. what percentage do you think most people's vehicles fall into? So to say most people...

...you know what? Nevermind. Enjoy your vehicle.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
F-Pace is too small for me. Very tight fit.
the a8 is dope as well as the Escalade and anything Denali

have you looked at the autobiography or SE Range Rover Sport?
also have you looked at a Panamera 4s or GTS or a Cayenne S coupe?

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
what i bought my wife before we parted ways 2023 audi a8 sportback electric

i'd almost consider buying one myself if i didn't buy one for her already so i bought an f pace

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just wondering if you've included any EV or hybrid vehicles?
Nah......not really interested in an EV.............yet.
My wife's suv operates like a hybrid, eventhough it isn't. But as of right now, i'm not trying to get either of those right now.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Based on What you stated, your height seems to be a requirement toward your purchase, If so you should stick to a suv. what other requirements do you have for the vehicle ?and are you leaning more toward performance or luxury
I care more about luxury now than performance. i aint tryin to outrun police and race mufuckas on the highway and shit.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
I care more about luxury now than performance. i aint tryin to outrun police and race mufuckas on the highway and shit.
Well with that audi you get both..
I swear you can't tell how fast you.be going. Lol..you have to consciously be aware of you speed.

And it's quiet as a church mouse on the inside

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
*sigh*

I never said "common." I never said everybody's experience would or is the same. Reread. It doesn't seem like you understand anything about vehicle repair or reliability.

What I said was, that the least reliable cars are generally 8-13% of the model have above-average repair costs. Full stop. That means 87-92% of the model will only have average repair costs.

Now. what percentage do you think most people's vehicles fall into? So to say most people...

...you know what? Nevermind. Enjoy your vehicle.
My response was not about anything you said, I was just clarifying my statement. Never said you were incorrect, nor was I debating your statement.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well with that audi you get both..
I swear you can't tell how fast you.be going. Lol..you have to consciously be aware of you speed.

And it's quiet as a church mouse on the inside
im going to go test drive the XF and Q7 tomorrow....

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Out of the choices you posted you should narrow it down to Audi and Cadillac. Don’t know how long your planning to keep the car but the Audi will have better resale value than the Escalade.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Out of the choices you posted you should narrow it down to Audi and Cadillac. Don’t know how long your planning to keep the car but the Audi will have better resale value than the Escalade.

joenavy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you can find one at MSRP, it’s hard to beat the luxury in that new Range Rover. Took about 6 months to get mine from order to delivery so that might not work since you’re looking to buy soon.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Very happy with my Jeep, didn’t think I would be given
My previous experience with my wife’s Grand Cherokee some years back. Was going Denali and Chose the Wagoneer instead and been impressed so far.
is yours blacked out (the altitude package)?

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
is yours blacked out (the altitude package)?
No, it is silver and chrome with off white leather interior.

My neighbors mother has that one. They bought it for her (surgeon and pest control company owner). Looks good but I have not seen everything on it. I’m happy with mine since they fixed the recall.