Netflix Series: Black Summer: Season 2 Discussion (Netflix's Walking Dead) (drops 6/17/21)

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed it

Minor gripes with not trying to kill them in the head when they had a chance
If it's in any setting any world that's America that's present that's this dimension supposedly you know to try and knock the brains out

I liked the randomness of death
Especially the last death

And the sense of moving on no montage by the campfire

Every time someone died life goes on hook popped into my head

Especially when ol girl randomly lost her boyfriend

"He ain't make it"

"How many brothers fell victim to the streets"
I’m glad jj didn’t die

But all this to get one kid back. Booooooooo

Sun has no fuckin tits or anything, I’d still smash tho in that world tho she a woman, fml

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just no fucks to give. Couldn't even be bothered to throw them a hand wave. :lol:

That was smartly written

If it was the walking dead

It would have been a beautifully landscaped shot

Just heartbreaking and complete silence into commercial break

And the after show would be gushing about it afterward

But here?

Fatboy COMPLETELY RUINS THE MOMENT

outstandingly well done.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@gene cisco

I don't really watch z nation

Can you explain how they kill zombies on THAT show?

Cause on this show the zombie kills don't make no kind of sense.
I watched Z Nation. The zombie kills are more realistic in this universe, hence being more difficult to kill. You simply can’t easily take a butter knife and stab someone in the head as if it was as soft as a loaf of bread.

You either have to bash their brains in or shoot them in the head. When someone thing is moving that fast it is hard to get a head shot

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disney is coming for that ass lol.....and for half the price of Netflix
Disney failure will be that nothing remotely good is going to get a released for streaming because the movie theater game is their cash cow

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That and they are not putting out anything that’s rated R

Bob Iger already said they will be releasing adult content under the FOX and Hulu names.

https://www.thewrap.com/disney-bob-iger-says-fox-will-continue-to-make-films/

“The company itself will be The Walt Disney Co., but there will still be companies, especially on the movie side, with the Fox name,” Iger said during the meeting, which Disney live-streamed. “We will continue to make movies under the Fox brand and Fox Searchlight brand. And FX, which isn’t Fox, but sounds like it will keep its name.”

During the Disney quarterly earnings conference call with the Wall Street community in February, Iger said that despite Disney’s PG-rated, family-friendly identity, the studio plans to continue in the business of making R-rated movies like Fox’s “Deadpool” and “Logan.”

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
this movie actually got me started watching z nation.

shit is not terrible but its not good. black summer is way better than z nation.

but imma finish the series. its too damn campy and corny at times.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I had to give the show a break after that happened. Spears should have been bounced on that group. Everyone wanted an opinion even though they all were dumb.
Yeah, but he didn't, which comes back to play later in the series. They just didn't have him doing that dumb shit just to do it. Because who is likely to do more dumb shit during something serious, good people or bad people? It comes back to play in a big way as far as the woman is concerned.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but he didn't, which comes back to play later in the series. They just didn't have him doing that dumb shit just to do it. Because who is likely to do more dumb shit during something serious, good people or bad people? It comes back to play in a big way as far as the woman is concerned.

Maybe I need to give it another shot. I ended up finishing the episode and was disgusted that that chubby cowardly dude kept getting lucky. He had unlimited endurance and cut like Barry Sanders when that zombie was chasing after him. Then he couldn’t even swing an axe. But somehow he wanders into a fully stocked supermarket and even fucked that up.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
This series has been renewed for a second season.

While looking it up, I have seen info that this series is a prequel to “Z Nation” involving different characters from a different point of view.

I have not found anything to actually confirm it.

Is it true or just a rumor?

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

While looking it up, I have seen info that this series is a prequel to “Z Nation” involving different characters from a different point of view.

Rumor

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Thanks for the update in the TV Shows / Series thread!

Black Summer
Season 2 Debut June 17