Netflix Series: Black Summer: Season 2 Discussion (Netflix's Walking Dead) (drops 6/17/21)

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I was wondering why these people were getting all these weapons and no ammunition.

I'm confused what kills these things. It's so inconsistent.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I’m going to have to watch again. How did Lance end up there?
They never showed it. Could have been that the guy he killed who saved him was part of a group from that outpost. The character was so goofy and weak it wouldn't have took much to get him.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was waiting for Lance to die.. Like the deaf dude. Couldn't stand either one. Remember when Lance was gonna play the drums? I'm like.. You have to be told not to do that? Really?

Oh well.. Yea the heist ep and the last ep just threw us into the mix like.. Party started.. Wheres your drink man?

Still.. all in all I fucking love this show.

Wtf happened to Jaime King? She was so hot back in the days. Looks anorexic now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Real talk...

I may or may not have caused a young latina woman or 2 to go full "Carmen" back in the day.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@gene cisco

I don't really watch z nation

Can you explain how they kill zombies on THAT show?

Cause on this show the zombie kills don't make no kind of sense.
They shoot or stab them in the head
Apparently the only connection to Z Nation is the production team, because one of then actresses said the 2 shows are not in the same universe, which makes sense. Z Nation’s tone is much more zany/comedic. This shit was serious

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Apparently the only connection to Z Nation is the production team, because one of then actresses said the 2 shows are not in the same universe, which makes sense. Z Nation’s tone is much more zany/comedic. This shit was serious

But the directors writers and producers

as i posted

specifically said it is a prequel and it even said it in the description provided by netflix.

But honestly i dont care at this point.

I just want consistency in the kills.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But the directors writers and producers

as i posted

specifically said it is a prequel and it even said it in the description provided by netflix.

But honestly i dont care at this point.

I just want consistency in the kills.
Edit: I misread the article my fault G lol

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
@gene cisco

I don't really watch z nation

Can you explain how they kill zombies on THAT show?

Cause on this show the zombie kills don't make no kind of sense.
They killed them with head shots. But they made it clear later on that the zombies could be different and head shots didn't always work. Plus, just like all humans don't die from headshots either do all zombies.

Anything goes in their world. In Z nation, SOME zombies were even capable of tricking victims. While z-nation showed a lot of shit, some good parts were talked about in passing leaving me like :eek: "I'd wish they show that!!!"

That was just that goofy cac lady trying to make the show more of a political statement or some work of art than a damn zombie show. Talking about refugees, ebola, and other shit. Bitch, it's a fucking zombie show with running, rabid zombies. Get over yourself.

All they did different on this was remove the campiness that was Z nation. I had hoped after the first season of Z nation that would get rid of the campiness because this would have been the result. This their second chance, so they eliminated all the goofy shit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They killed them with head shots. But they made it clear later on that the zombies could be different and head shots didn't always work. Plus, just like all humans don't die from headshots either do all zombies.

Anything goes in their world. In Z nation, SOME zombies were even capable of tricking victims. While z-nation showed a lot of shit, some good parts were talked about in passing leaving me like :eek: "I'd wish they show that!!!"

That was just that goofy cac lady trying to make the show more of a political statement or some work of art than a damn zombie show. Talking about refugees, ebola, and other shit. Bitch, it's a fucking zombie show with running, rabid zombies. Get over yourself.

All they did different on this was remove the campiness that was Z nation. I had hoped after the first season of Z nation that would get rid of the campiness because this would have been the result. This their second chance, so they eliminated all the goofy shit.

Ok i think i did see an episode

A flashback to like a tv station?

It was very good

But that campy stuff threw me off and it looked like i would have to do a lot of back story.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Ok i think i did see an episode

A flashback to like a tv station?

It was very good

But that campy stuff threw me off and it looked like i would have to do a lot of back story.
Yeah, if you didn't watch from the beginning, there was a lot to catch up on.

Campiness was just too much imho. It even go to me and basically ruined the show. I was like the only one in the z-nation thread after a few seasons. Z nation had the pacing done right though and so did Black Summer.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, if you didn't watch from the beginning, there was a lot to catch up on.

Campiness was just too much imho. It even go to me and basically ruined the show. I was like the only one in the z-nation thread after a few seasons. Z nation had the pacing done right though and so did Black Summer.

Ok i thought it was just me, couldn't get into it

But it has a big cult following

I don't like that every time a new zombie show comes out

First episode?

Its instantly considered BETTER than walking dead

I got many many issues with TWD but you gotta respect it.

But black summer was a very very pleasant surprise

Far from perfect

But to already have damn near classic episodes your first season?

Impressive

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Ok i thought it was just me, couldn't get into it

But it has a big cult following

I don't like that every time a new zombie show comes out

First episode?

Its instantly considered BETTER than walking dead

I got many many issues with TWD but you gotta respect it.

But black summer was a very very pleasant surprise

Far from perfect

But to already have damn near classic episodes your first season?

Impressive
That's what pissed me off about Z nation. Had so many great ideas they pissed away because they were afraid to be serious and compete with TWD because SOME fans looked at it as either or. They had a cannibal plotline that was great that they barely touched on. Mention of a zombie buffalo herd miles wide that was fucking survivors up. The story of the Canada camp that got infected and all the zombies were headed south. It can be argued they just tried to do too much.

The pacing of the show is excellent though. No filler. Always something happening, and I think they brought that to Black Summer. I didn't even like Lance, but that episode with him was great. Have you seen some of the solo TWD episodes? :smh:

There's just no excuse for boring in zombie horror. It's almost like Supernatural the series in that every fucking episode something should be happening. Have you ever seen a boring Supernatural episode? TWD writers are terrible in that regard.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's what pissed me off about Z nation. Had so many great ideas they pissed away because they were afraid to be serious and compete with TWD because SOME fans looked at it as either or. They had a cannibal plotline that was great that they barely touched on. Mention of a zombie buffalo herd miles wide that was fucking survivors up. The story of the Canada camp that got infected and all the zombies were headed south. It can be argued they just tried to do too much.

The pacing of the show is excellent though. No filler. Always something happening, and I think they brought that to Black Summer. I didn't even like Lance, but that episode with him was great. Have you seen some of the solo TWD episodes? :smh:

There's just no excuse for boring in zombie horror. It's almost like Supernatural the series in that every fucking episode something should be happening. Have you ever seen a boring Supernatural episode? TWD writers are terrible in that regard.

That about covered everything.

Well done sir

I liked how black summer was legit funny and never distracted from the terror

I disagree about the apparent complaint that no character was likeable

Spears was cool, i hated yet enjoyed Lance, Sun is my favorite. The silent man and his dog were great too.

The villians have been good so far.

Sadly jaime king...

Yeah she can go.

But that "type" sadly is a common crutch character.

Hope they either give her a great arch or not make her the focus.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I enjoyed it

Minor gripes with not trying to kill them in the head when they had a chance
If it's in any setting any world that's America that's present that's this dimension supposedly you know to try and knock the brains out

I liked the randomness of death
Especially the last death

And the sense of moving on no montage by the campfire

Every time someone died life goes on hook popped into my head

Especially when ol girl randomly lost her boyfriend

"He ain't make it"

"How many brothers fell victim to the streets"

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Fuckin cac at the dinner, glad all the none cac threq his bitch ass out lol

Shit got good