Neil Young basically says fuck Joe Rogan

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Joe Rogan make Spotify more money than all those artists combined.

Leaving Spotify because of a comedian using his free speech is dumb and hypocritical. Spotify has raped artists for years now and they were fine being raped?

These artists will hopefully build there own platform for their music. This will be a win for them, if they are a serious artists. But it shouldnt have taken Rogan to make this happen.

Alot of yall are hypocrits in this thread. Supporting a cracka like Neil Young smh. Instead of grabbing some popcorn and seeing crackas go at it.
I canceled my account.

When you’re paying $15 here and there to everyone, you sorta take notice of the one company that harbors bullshitters.

In the “Other” option of why I left, I typed “I stand with India.”

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not about support. Early in the thread there were some people who seemed to think that Neil doing what he did and Spotify doing what they did wouldn't hurt Spotify and would hurt Neil's money.

As many have pointed out, and as Spotify has found out, it ain't that simple, and that old man isn't hurting for money...and Joe Rogan can be a bit of a problem for them, so they needed to do some serious PR, cause their money can get hurt by this wayyyy easier than his can.

Right. To me thats not support. There are cats in here that are rooting for Neil like they get money from Neil. I agree with what your saying totally

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Dwayne Johnson Walks Back Joe Rogan Support After N-Word Controversy
By Charu Sinha@charulatasinha

3c818fb3f9b06817e2813a94a33609d866-dwayne-johnson.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: FilmMagic
In a predictable turn of events, Dwayne Johnson has walked back his support of Joe Rogan after a video of the podcaster saying the N-word went viral last week. Johnson had initially spoken out in support of Rogan following the ongoing Spotify controversy, commenting on Rogan’s response video, “Great stuff here, brother. Perfectly articulated. Look forward to coming on [the podcast] one day and breaking out the tequila with you.” After author Don Winslow tagged Johnson in a tweet linking to the compilation video, Johnson replied, “Thank you so much for this. I hear you as well as everyone here 100%.” He continued, “I was not aware of his N word use prior to my comments, but now I’ve become educated to his complete narrative. Learning moment for me.” Rogan has since apologized for his usage of the N-word, calling the video “fucking horrible, even to me,” but adding that the clips were “taken out of context.” Spotify has deleted over 100 episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience in the past few days, and various public figures are continuing to boycott the streaming service over its platforming of Rogan and COVID-19 misinformation.

I was disappointed as f*ck with the Rock for this one

NO one asked for him to even say nothing

he wanna die on a hill for that white man?

he better decide what he side he on

before they remind him.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Spotify seemingly purged over 100 Joe Rogan podcast episodes
But not the controversial one.
By Anna Iovine on February 5, 2022
Podcaster Joe Rogan sparked controversy over COVID misinformation. Credit: Dylan Buell/Getty Images
> Tech
Amidst ongoing controversy, Spotify seemingly deleted over 100 episodes of the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) from its platform.

The music giant has gotten flack about podcaster Joe Rogan in recent weeks due to COVID misinformation on his show. In January, 270 doctors, scientists, and professors penned an open letter to Spotify decrying an episode featuring vaccine skeptic Dr. Robert Malone as a potential threat to public health.

From there, artists like Neil Young and Joni Mitchell gave Spotify an ultimatum: remove Rogan or they'll leave the platform. Spotify sided with Rogan.

While 113 JRE episodes are missing as of this publication, this purge doesn't appear connected to the misinformation controversy, according to Engadget. This is evidenced by the fact that the controversial episode in question, episode #1757 with Dr. Robert Malone, is still available on Spotify.

SEE ALSO: Twitter's dislike button test goes global
It's unclear whether Spotify — or perhaps Rogan's team — purposefully removed these episodes, or if it's some kind of glitch. The deleted episodes appear to be somewhat random. According to tracking site JRE Missing, the most recent episode removed is #1458 with comedian Chris D'Elia, who was accused of soliciting minors in 2020. Some newly deleted episodes, however, are even older.

The most likely explanation is that the episodes were removed after singer/songwriter India.Arie blasted the host's repeated use of the N-word, uncensored, in numerous examples pulled from the podcast and edited together. (Let this serve as your content warning for that linked Instagram Story.) Spotify hasn't explained anything yet — ironic, given the company's barely-a-week-old move toward transparency.

This isn't the first time JRE episodes disappeared from Spotify, either. Last April, over 40 episodes were wiped without explanation. Mashable has reached out to Spotify for comment, and will update this article if received.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Joe Rogan Returns to Stand-Up Stage, Mocks His Controversies
The comedian and podcast host addressed his recent headlines with a self-deprecating set: "If you want my advice, don't take my advice."

BY JAMES HIBBERD
Plus Icon

FEBRUARY 8, 2022 10:18PM

Joe Rogan returned to the stand-up stage Tuesday night with a self-deprecating set that mocked and discussed his recent newsmaking.
Headlining an intimate show in Austin, Texas, before a rapturous crowd of fans, the embattled comic and podcaster tackled his controversies — particularly the widely circulated viral video of the comedian using the N-word on his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience.

“I used to say it if [I was talking about] a Richard Pryor bit or something, I would say it in context,” Rogan said. “Somebody made a compilation of every time I said that word over 14 years and they put it on YouTube, and it turned out that was racist as fuck. Even to me! I’m me and I’m watching it saying, ‘Stop saying it!’ I put my cursor over the video and I’m like, ‘Four more minutes?!’

“I haven’t used that word in years,” he added. “But it’s kind of weird people will get really mad if you use that word and tweet about it on a phone that’s made by slaves,” then segued into a bit about labor conditions at overseas cellphone factories.
Later, he mocked his other major controversy — the vaccine misinformation that’s been discussed on his podcast.
“I talk shit for a living — that’s why this is so baffling to me,” he said. “If you’re taking vaccine advice from me, is that really my fault? What dumb shit were you about to do when my stupid idea sounded better? ‘You know that dude who made people eat animal dicks on TV? How does he feel about medicine?’ If you want my advice, don’t take my advice.”
During a question and answer portion with fans after the show, Rogan was asked if he would accept the $100 million offer from Rumble to move his show from Spotify to the right-wing platform. The comedian said he was planning to stick with the streamer. “No, Spotify has hung in with me, inexplicably, let’s see what happens.”
Another audience member asked him what makes him the most nervous. “Being a bad person,” he said, seeming sincere. “For real. I try to do my best.”
The show at the Vulcan Gas Company marked the first announced appearance by the comedian since he became embroiled in controversy (there was an unannounced “secret” show over the weekend at the same venue).
Earlier Tuesday, Rogan slammed his recent controversies as “a political hit job” in a new episode of his podcast. He also discussed his recent headlines with his guest, comic Akaash Singh.

“In a lot of ways, this is a relief,” Rogan said. “That video [of Rogan saying the N-word in his podcast over the years] had always been out there. This is a political hit job. They’re taking all this stuff I’ve ever said that’s wrong and smushing it all together. It’s good because it makes me address some stuff that I really wish wasn’t out there.”
Rogan also pushed back on right-wing criticisms of his recent apology video, noting, “You should apologize if you regret something. I do think you have to be careful not to apologize for nonsense.”
Singh assured, “Real life is people who know you and you’re a great guy. … On a podcast where you’re talking for hours on end, I have said shit about every demographic of human beings possible and I regret every one that was, like … not funny. … The punishment is, everybody hears it, and I’m an asshole. But I can’t stop shooting, I can’t stop swinging.”
“Over time, people will understand you,” Rogan responded. “They know you. If you misstep, they know what you’re trying to do — you’re not a vicious person, you’re just trying to be funny.”
The move follows former President Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis separately weighing in on the comedian’s apology.
“Joe Rogan is an interesting and popular guy, but he’s got to stop apologizing to the Fake News and Radical Left maniacs and lunatics,” Trump said on Monday. “How many ways can you say you’re sorry?”
Meanwhile, DeSantis told Fox News Digital, “The mob will come after people, and they’re targeting Rogan because he’s threatening to upset the apple cart on some of the things that they’re holding dear. And with COVID, he’s just bringing opposing views. He’s letting people decide. They say he’s against [the COVID vaccine]. I do not listen to his show, but then I read he specifically advocated for people with co-morbidities and elderly to get vaccinated. I think a lot of the legacy outlets and I think the left fear the fact that he can reach so many people, and so they’re out to destroy him. But what I would say is, don’t give an inch. Do not apologize. Do not kow[tow] to the mob. Stand up and tell them to pound sand; if you do that, there’s really nothing that they’re able to do to you.” Both men are considered likely to seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2024.

Former presidential contender Andrew Yang made headlines by deleting a tweet about Rogan where he had defended the podcaster by saying,”I don’t think Joe Rogan is a racist … The man interacts with and works with black people literally all of the time.” Yang called the tweet “wrong headed” and said, “It also hurt people, which is never my intent. I’m sorry.”
Rogan has been the focus of a major controversy in recent weeks following musicians such as Neil Young and Joni Mitchell pulling their music from Spotify in protest of the streamer being the exclusive distributor of the comedian’s podcast, which has featured guests in recent months who spread misinformation about the coronavirus vaccines. The controversy became more heated last Thursday after musician India.Arie circulated a compilation of clips of Rogan using the N-word on his podcast over the years (Arie likewise requested her music be removed from the service).
Rogan took to Instagram to apologize for his use of the racial slur, calling his comments “the most regretful and shameful thing that I’ve ever had to talk about publicly.”
Other top names such as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jon Stewart have ventured into the controversy, expressing (and in some cases apologizing for) their own views.
Spotify has responded by removing more than 100 episodes of JRE from its platform that featured controversial guests or content but has otherwise stood by the comedian. CEO Daniel Ek told his staff in an email over the weekend, “I want to make one point very clear — I do not believe that silencing Joe is the answer. We should have clear lines around content and take action when they are crossed, but canceling voices is a slippery slope.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@Camille

Brene Brown Will Resume Spotify Podcasts Amid Her “Tremendous Values Conflict With Very Few Options”
In a blog post shared Tuesday evening, Brown explained that she remains under an exclusive contract with the music giant.

BY TRILBY BERESFORD
Plus Icon

FEBRUARY 8, 2022 8:51PM

Brené Brown posted a message on her website Tuesday night, sharing that, despite recent controversies, she remains committed to podcasting on Spotify and amplifying issues and voices that matter.

Brown had, on Feb. 1, shared the decision to pause her podcasts, Unlocking Us and Dare to Lead, to learn about the music giant’s policies in the wake of COVID-19 misinformation. “Unlike some creators, I don’t have the option of pulling my work from the platform,” Brown noted. This was an indirect reference to musicians including Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, who have removed music from Spotify in protest of the streamer distributing Joe Rogan’s controversial podcast.

“I’m always going to stand firmly on the side of free speech, so I had a lot of learning to do,” wrote Brown, who remains under an exclusive contract with the music giant. “As stated in the previous post, I’ve never asked Spotify to deplatform or censor Joe Rogan. I wanted Spotify to have a transparent misinformation policy (made available to the public) that balances addressing the complex misinformation issues we face today while respecting free speech. And to be meaningful, I stated that the policy must be applied across the platform without exception.”
Brown notes that Spotify developed the policy and shared it publicly, and have started to apply it. Spotify’s CEO Daniel Ek shared on Jan. 30 that the platform had updated its user rules and added a content advisory to episodes containing discussions about COVID-19. “There’s still a ton of work here,” wrote Brown, who first shared concerns about Rogan’s content with Spotify in 2020.

Among the controversies, Rogan came under fire for including an interview with Dr. Robert Malone, a known vaccine skeptic who promoted baseless theories, on The Joe Rogan Experience last December.

Brown likened the podcasting world to “a big high school cafeteria” where “people can pretty much say what they want.” Brown, who has an exclusive contract with the platform, went on to call Rogan’s comments about the trans community “dehumanizing,” while saying his take on race is “often degrading.”

She emphasized that “words matter” and that podcasters have a responsibility when it comes to vetting and preparing guests. “It doesn’t appear to me that The Joe Rogan Experience takes any responsibility for the health information that it puts out in the world, and I do believe that leads to people getting sick and even dying,” emphasized Brown. “Given the reach of the JRE, the bar for critical questioning should be high.”

Further into the blog, Brown wrote that she tries to live by Elie Wiesel’s ethic: Never allow anyone to be humiliated in your presence. She shared the opinion that many of Rogan’s comments are “belittling and humiliating,” even if he has the right to make them. “If advertisers and listeners support The Joe Rogan Experience and Spotify needs him as the cornerstone of its podcasting ambitions — that’s OK,” Brown concluded. “But sharing the table with Rogan puts me in a tremendous values conflict with very few options.”

Brown is remaining under her exclusive contract, where she will continue to make podcasts that contain issues that matter. She shared that her upcoming guest will be ACLU attorney Ben Wizner, who will discuss topics including free speech and misinformation.
“I’m proud of the conversations, the voices we’ve amplified, the topics that we’ve addressed, and how seriously we take the responsibility,” she wrote. Brown signed off with: “Stay awkward, brave, and kind.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Are Italians condemning Joe Rogan regarding his pizza comment? Lolz