Neil Young basically says fuck Joe Rogan

parisian

International
International Member

Neil Young Demands Spotify Remove His Music Over ‘False Information About Vaccines’

“They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young,” Neil Young wrote in a letter to his manager and label. “Not both”

Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record label demanding that they remove his music from Spotify. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.” Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan’s baseless claims.

“With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode, JRE, which is hosted exclusively on Spotify, is the world’s largest podcast and has tremendous influence,” the letter reads. “Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy.”

Young removed most of his music from Spotify several years ago because he felt the sound quality on the service was too low, but he ultimately relented. “That’s where people get music,” he told Rolling Stone in 2019. “I want people to hear my music no matter what they have to get through to do it. I’m just trying to make it so they hear a lot more and enjoy it a lot more, but sell it for the same price because music is music.”

Young’s letter was addressed to his manager and a Warner executive. At press time, Spotify hadn’t responded to a request from Rolling Stone asking if they planned to remove Young’s music. It’s still available, but it might be smart to listen to Zuma and Rust Never Sleeps while you still can. They could disappear at any moment.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Neil Young woke up with violence lol...said fuck him lol.

Why would cac's like Rogan even speak on shit like this? Just shut up and make your bread.....they can't resist though.

Dam fool...should have minded his business...they kicked his ass out...brah

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered

:lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now he fucking his money up lol. HE must know he don't get no bread off that shit or somethign. :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I never seen so many righteous muffukaz.. tripping over a dam covid vaccine...when my brahs' and sister are unequally treated every fuckin day... they'd rather see covid vaccines in every arm...than to see my people treated fairly, or get one step ahead...brah
I think the older people are just scared and i'm vaccinated but I could careless what the next person does. All I ask is regardless of what side you are on....don't spread misinformation and lies. Feel how you want but why do you want to sway someone else's opinion? We stubborn as humans...we set in our ways....people always trying to convince someone to side with their views on something. Just do what's best for you.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think the older people are just scared and i'm vaccinated but I could careless what the next person does. All I ask is regardless of what side you are on....don't spread misinformation and lies. Feel how you want but why do you want to sway someone else's opinion? We stubborn as humans...we set in our ways....people always trying to convince someone to side with their views on something. Just do what's best for you.

I agree... wholeheartedly... brah

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm almost positive that he doesn't make any real money off of there, because there's no way he thought that they would actually take his side over one of their most popular personalities.
Yeah, I don't know his money situation but he must know how much they pay Joe Rogan and he had to have known he wasn't winning that battle

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I'm almost positive that he doesn't make any real money off of there, because there's no way he thought that they would actually take his side over one of their most popular personalities.
Neil Young doesn't need that bullshit money. There is no money in streams, I'm talking for real artist. He just sold half his catalog for 150 Million.

This dude has been putting out hits since the 60's. He is on the back end of career and is making a principled stand. He knows damn well they are going to take Joe Rogans' side in this stand off.

HNIC

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Neil Young doesn't need that bullshit money. There is no money in streams, I'm talking for real artist. He just sold half his catalog for 150 Million.

This dude has been putting out hits since the 60's. He is on the back end of career and is making a principled stand. He knows damn well they are going to take Joe Rogans' side in this stand off.

HNIC
This.

And I respect the hell out of him for it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

Well said

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
:lol: @ some of y'all thinking dude is broke.
I was listening to Rob Parker and Chris Brussard last night and they were talking about the dude like he was on the side of the road with a cup. I was thinking to myself these dudes don't know shit.

Dude first came to my attention when my Pops brought home the Crosby, Still, Nash and Young album Deja Vu when he returned from Vietnam.
Album was loaded with hits. I loved the harmony of the group.

I also like his original version of OHIO (4 dead in Ohio), which the Isley Brother later covered.

Isley Brothers

Rythm

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I fucks with Neil Young. Rick James's first major band was with Neil Young and the Mynah Birds

mynah1.jpeg

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I was listening to Rob Parker and Chris Brussard last night and they were talking about the dude like he was on the side of the road with a cup. I was thinking to myself these dudes don't know shit.

Dude first came to my attention when my Pops brought home the Crosby, Still, Nash and Young album Deja Vu when he returned from Vietnam.
Album was loaded with hits. I loved the harmony of the group.

I also like his original version of OHIO (4 dead in Ohio), which the Isley Brother later covered.

Isley Brothers

The man is worth over 200 mil. "OHIO" was also one of my faves. I also liked "Southern Man". That song triggered fragile cacs.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
The man is worth over 200 mil. "OHIO" was also one of my faves. I also liked "Southern Man". That song triggered fragile cacs.

"Everybody knows this is nowhere" Always hits a special place in my heart for some reason. When I'm playing weddings for older white folks I'll put it in the cocktail mix next to Bob Dylan's "the man in me" and funkadelics "can you get with that".

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
"Everybody knows this is nowhere" Always hits a special place in my heart for some reason. When I'm playing weddings for older white folks I'll put it in the cocktail mix next to Bob Dylan's "the man in me" and funkadelics "can you get with that".
Dude, if you're playing weddings with that demographic, throw on "More Than Yesterday" by Spiral Staircase.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Dude, if you're playing weddings with that demographic, throw on "More Than Yesterday" by Spiral Staircase.
Man that song is a classic, @Dannyblueyes probably already has that in rotation. :)

Funny, I've never heard of this song or even this band before. Now that I have it's going in rotation asap.

Later today I'm going to upload a cocktail mix and track listening I made for a Southern California couple in their late 30s. It contains Neil Young and an African psychedelic track that ended up in a car commercial a few months later.

I think you'll both like it.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
I never seen so many righteous muffukaz.. tripping over a dam covid vaccine...when my brahs' and sister are unequally treated every fuckin day... they'd rather see covid vaccines in every arm...than to see my people treated fairly, or get one step ahead...brah

These old cac boomers are (as usual) worried about themselves.

What we should be concerned about is all these people who are calling for his censorship for spreading "misinformation" when so much of what they called misinformation has been confirmed as true.