NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit if I remember correctly zo had a bigger impact on that 06 series than shaq.
Zo was a beast defensively.

These senile muthafuckas trying to tell me about some shit that happened 15 years ago when they don't even remember wiping their ass this morning. :lol:

And shit maybe I remember it because it was a time of horror.....

I remember this shit like yesterday...I remember sorry ass Antoine Walker shimmying and shit against us.
I remember White chocolate coming in shooting 3s against us....
I remember even Gary Payton getting on the court...

I remember Zo Mourning coming in off the bench and looking like Mutombo and shit.....
I remember literally the Mavs guarding Wade with 3 people and him still going off on us. :lol:

Look at this shit man......

pXzJ4uc.jpg

:lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
These senile muthafuckas trying to tell me about some shit that happened 15 years ago when they don't even remember wiping their ass this morning. :lol:

And shit maybe I remember it because it was a time of horror.....

I remember this shit like yesterday...I remember sorry ass Antoine Walker shimmying and shit against us.
I remember White chocolate coming in shooting 3s against us....
I remember even Gary Payton getting on the court...

I remember Zo Mourning coming in off the bench and looking like Mutombo and shit.....
I remember literally the Mavs guarding Wade with 3 people and him still going off on us. :lol:

Look at this shit man......

pXzJ4uc.jpg

:lol:

You the only one that remembers. Nobody in this thread cares or mentions that year. Jondoe the only one that still mention 2011. Only white people hold on to the past 10-15 years ago and reminisce on the "good old days". All the Black people telling you Wade a faggot and overhyped and care more about the current NBA. :dunno:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every NBA player is capable doesn't mean they will or should. He hadn't played in like what 3 weeks? Come off a foot injury and off the bench. There is no way he should have scored that much! Especially since the fucking Bucks didn't even double team KD :smh: just bad defense. Shit is embarrassing.....

He coming off plantar facitis though. Players play with that shit all year. Green was able to play if they needed him to.

And naw every player not capable...like I said them wide open 3's are piss poor defense. I agree. But if Jeff Green is going out there....starting and getting 34 minutes...he is going to give you 20 that night. Jeff Green ain't no bum. I know his game look a little different but he got it in him.

I'm expecting Jeff Green to put up 27 points before I do KD 49 points and a triple double. He had never done that before.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jeff Green was a top 5 pick
He’s good

And and take this as a reminder that

OKC had harden/green/Westbrook/KD

Crazy
Dude stop it; Jeff Green is a career role player; doesnt matter where he was picked at; he hasnt been a starter in who knows how long; dude was averaging 11 points per game; hes a career 12pts per game; there is no way Bucks should have allowed him to score that many points; and they were easy points to; open looks and shit all game; just flat out bad defense...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jeff Green was a top 5 pick
He’s good

And and take this as a reminder that

OKC had harden/green/Westbrook/KD

Crazy

Shit if I'm not mistaken....I think that group also had Reggie Jackson and Ibaka there too.....

Man...I thought about that last night....no team has ever drafted that well in that span. That's like what? A 4 or 5 year span of drafting? That has to be the best of all time who else has drafted that many MVP's/All Stars in such a period of time. Thunder fucked that up real good. They probably would've went their ways eventually but they should've got more than a few years out of all those guys.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He coming off plantar facitis though. Players play with that shit all year. Green was able to play if they needed him to.

And naw every player not capable...like I said them wide open 3's are piss poor defense. I agree. But if Jeff Green is going out there....starting and getting 34 minutes...he is going to give you 20 that night. Jeff Green ain't no bum. I know his game look a little different but he got it in him.

I'm expecting Jeff Green to put up 27 points before I do KD 49 points and a triple double. He had never done that before.
Nah I expect KD to do whatever he wants :giggle: before Jeff Green does anything:giggle:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Shit if I'm not mistaken....I think that group also had Reggie Jackson and Ibaka there too.....

Man...I thought about that last night....no team has ever drafted that well in that span. That's like what? A 4 or 5 year span of drafting? That has to be the best of all time who else has drafted that many MVP's/All Stars in such a period of time. Thunder fucked that up real good. They probably would've went their ways eventually but they should've got more than a few years out of all those guys.

After Lebron beat them in 2012 people hopped off their wagon and acted like they werent that good. But they were a very good team that dethroned the Mavs, Spurs, and Lakers. Just lost to an all time great in his prime.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Empowering others >>> self promotion

White people like jondoe hate when LeBron speaks up for Black people. Thats why they still bringing up professional losses 10 years ago today to slight him like he hasnt accomplished anything since. The days of us ignoring and making WS feel comfortable in the NBA are over family. If you on the bullshit, you gonna get called out going forward. :yes:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Shit was ridiculous. OKC was just a farm team for the rest of the league... all that great drafting and nothing to show for it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude stop it; Jeff Green is a career role player; doesnt matter where he was picked at; he hasnt been a starter in who knows how long; dude was averaging 11 points per game; hes a career 12pts per game; there is no way Bucks should have allowed him to score that many points; and they were easy points to; open looks and shit all game; just flat out bad defense...
Jeff Green has started for the Nets this year and the Rockets last year lol.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit was ridiculous. OKC was just a farm team for the rest of the league... all that great drafting and nothing to show for it.

Wait til they have to unload all that talent they got now... SGA and Brown....

Shit Al Holford gonna look like CP3 next year on a contending team...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not a damn thing to show for it...shit had they stayed in Seattle they probably would've lasted longer. Straight up producing talent for the rest of the league...who was behind that shit Kevin Pritchard? I wonder what he doing these days. :lol: He was getting all that credit back then.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait til they have to unload all that talent they got now... SGA and Brown....

Shit Al Holford gonna look like CP3 next year on a contending team...
SGA tied in....he ain't going nowhere...Thunder signed all that young talent to cheap long term deals..Moses Brown ain't going nowhere no time soon. :lol:

Shit Al Hortford contract is FUCKED UP. They praying someone take that from them. They sent him home last year so they could tank. :lol:

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Damn....that shit sucks....

It ain't about riding that wave...I'm just saying put some respect on his name. These media people got y'all jumping through hoops and if people want to talk about Giannis and shit he needs to work on.....cool. But they not having be go down this rabbit hole of he ain't a superstar.....nah....not gonna fool me with that shit especially after two nights ago they was saying the same shit about KD.
I feel you. Still stand by the fact he's not and a team will never be anything but regular season good with him. Time will tell though

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You the only one that remembers. Nobody in this thread cares or mentions that year. Jondoe the only one that still mention 2011. Only white people hold on to the past 10-15 years ago and reminisce on the "good old days". All the Black people telling you Wade a faggot and overhyped and care more about the current NBA. :dunno:
You the same person that always wants me to bring up the past, Lebron's time on the heat .
Now I bring it up and I'm talking about the "good old days"
:roflmao:
You really are confused
Now you bringing up Wade's kid to deflect from them 2011 finals.
Where your white mom at ?
I need to have a cac on cac convo with her.
Do you defend her with this much energy?

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

doesn’t matter what averaged during the year he’s capable of getting 20 plus at any time. Maybe not for a year but any game he can go off.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's more from the local media in New Orleans.
I know yall don't follow local sports in NOLA but this is a dramatic change in tone and a much more realistic look at how things in the NBA than we saw in past years.

So you didn’t know how urgent the New Orleans Pelicans’ predicament is?

Well, Wednesday morning’s news blast should’ve properly angled the lens. Separating from coach Stan Van Gundy after just one season put the franchise’s impatience squarely into perspective.

No matter the money required (it’s a lot), or the egg taken to the face (they're about to hire a third coach in three years), the Pelicans had no choice but to fix this quickly.

There’s simply no time to waste. Given the circumstances, they couldn’t wait and see if Van Gundy is the “very sincere and authentic human being” executive vice president David Griffin hailed when hiring the 61-year-old coach in October.

The Pelicans couldn’t wade into next season to find out whether Van Gundy was capable of repairing tattered relationships with some of his best players, or if he’d find success upgrading assistant coaches and in-game strategy to flip the barrage of close losses into narrow victories.

The Pelicans know they have to win now. And that urgency is well founded.

Another trip to the lottery spoils all of the faith Griffin engendered when arriving in New Orleans in 2019. Not just with fans, but also with Zion Williamson. He is eligible for a contract extension next summer, and as it stands, there is no guarantee he will sign.

While Williamson didn’t demand for Van Gundy’s ouster, various sources said, he has often expressed dissatisfaction and deep frustration with the franchise’s losing ways. So the team opted to make a change, pivoting in a different direction before those bad feelings could fester into a tipping point.

“Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is kind of insane,” Williamson said at his end-of-season press conference. “So I’m not going to sit here and say we’re close. The reality of it is it was very disappointing not to be a part of the play-in tournament and stuff. We just have to come in and be better. That’s just me being real.”

The Pelicans listened and acted.

But change alone isn’t enough. It has to be accompanied by on-court success.

Not a championship. Not even a top seed. But a lot more than they’ve done in the first two years of Griffin’s tenure in New Orleans, when the team compiled dismal records of 30-42 and 31-41.

With Brandon Ingram and Williamson on the roster, it’s simply not good enough.

So Griffin made the easiest change he could in the near term.

But news of Van Gundy’s departure is more than just a message about the one-year coach’s shortcomings. It also firmly cemented the failure of Griffin’s 2020 offseason.

Perhaps you recall a mere eight months ago, when Griffin raved about Van Gundy’s ability to coax defense, toughness and a hard edge out of his teams. And then Griffin doubled down on those traits by using part of the Jrue Holiday trade to add pieces like Steven Adams and Eric Bledsoe to the starting lineup, chewing up much of the team’s cap flexibility under the auspices of immediate improvement.

Instead, the Pelicans stalled. Their defense was an abomination for much of season, overshadowing the team’s progress, even as Williamson blossomed into one of the most dynamic second-year scorers the league has ever seen.

Despite a historic start to his career, Williamson, more often that not, walked off the floor with his head facing downward. And on Tuesday night, he was left off the three All-NBA teams despite averaging 27.0 points on an absurdly efficient 61.1% shooting.

So now the Pelicans have no choice but to get this right.

Forgive Williamson and the Pelicans’ fans for being a bit skeptical about Griffin’s ability to make this choice, though.

When Griffin arrived, he extended Alvin Gentry’s contract, praising him as the perfect person to lead the franchise in the future. Then, after firing Gentry a season later, he nabbed Van Gundy out of the TNT booth, showering him with superlatives before hastily moving on again.

Griffin isn’t going to get a fourth chance on a coach if the next one fizzles out the way the previous two have. And Williamson certainly won’t be around for it, if so.

The pressure is on to make the right move, right now. They need a coach capable of connecting personally with Williamson and Ingram, while simultaneously carrying out the philosophies of Griffin and the front office.

And it must result in winning. Starting with the upcoming season.

Last I read Zion, Ingram and Ball all want to be gone. And they will all leave. New Orleans trying to fix this mess but AD wanted out before them. Its in their best interest to trade them and get whatever they can.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not a damn thing to show for it...shit had they stayed in Seattle they probably would've lasted longer. Straight up producing talent for the rest of the league...who was behind that shit Kevin Pritchard? I wonder what he doing these days. :lol: He was getting all that credit back then.
and guess what, its about to happen again; they have 34 draft picks over the next 7 years:eek2: 18 1t round picks and 16 2nd round picks:eek2:; another farm system about to take place.....

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
doesn’t matter what averaged during the year he’s capable of getting 20 plus at any time. Maybe not for a year but any game he can go off.
He put up 20 NUMEROUS times with the Rockets in the playoffs...its just a lazy opinion. Jeff Green has been on a lot of teams so he probably has a reputation of not being good but I seen this dude play and he can ball at times. He's not gonna give you 20 but these teams have him playing the 4 or 5 spot and he be taken advantage of it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
and guess what, its about to happen again; they have 34 draft picks over the next 7 years:eek2: 18 1t round picks and 16 2nd round picks:eek2:; another farm system about to take place.....
Probably.....because they got some shitty ass draft picks coming they way.....but shit who knows...that Clippers draft picks might not be as shitty if Kawhi body keep tearing down like this.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
You the same person that always wants me to bring up the past, Lebron's time on the heat .
Now I bring it up and I'm talking about the "good old days"
:roflmao:
You really are confused
Now you bringing up Wade's kid to deflect from them 2011 finals.
Where your white mom at ?
I need to have a cac on cac convo with her.
Do you defend her with this much energy?

You only bring up his Finals loss and judge him by his lowest point in true white supremacist form. Ive never seen you post a clip or highlight from his 2 chips he won there. You literally pit JJ Barea a white man against him exclusively on this board for 7 years. :lol: You are a fuckin racist dickhead, just cuz you fetishize fucking Black women doesnt make you not so. And then you prop up Wade who Black society is looking like a fucking devil right now? You are out of touch white man. Why do you think white people are the only ones who engage you or like your posts in this thread?

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
He put up 20 NUMEROUS times with the Rockets in the playoffs...its just a lazy opinion. Jeff Green has been on a lot of teams so he probably has a reputation of not being good but I seen this dude play and he can ball at times. He's not gonna give you 20 but these teams have him playing the 4 or 5 spot and he be taken advantage of it.

I know he’s solid role player

shit anyone player can go off now. I remover Corey brewer going for 50. Corey brewer

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know he’s solid role player

shit anyone player can go off now. I remover Corey brewer going for 50. Corey brewer
SMH....Corey brewer was offensively challenged like a muthafucka....I must've erased that out of my memory...what did he have a game of put backs and dunks and shit to get to 50? :lol: