NBA Debate: Jordan is the best player ever except Bird was a better passer, shooter and rebounder

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Larry Bird played forward so he was supposed to grab more rebounds than Jordan. Averaging 6 rebounds per game as a shooting guard is putting in some major work. Did you really just compare a forward to a shooting guard in rebounding?

Michael Jordan played "shooting guard" so he was supposed to score more than Bird. Are we really comparing a shooting guard scoring a bunch of points with a small forward? Averaging almost 9 assists a game as a forward in the playoffs is putting in major work. Typically guards like Jordan who were so ball dominant pick up more assists than forwards but we see with Bird that was not the case. When we see that Jordan averaged 30 shot attempts a game in the playoffs vs. Bird it paints the picture of a ballhog who'd rather get his points than involve his teammates and maybe win a game. Even in the game OP posted where Jordan scored 63, the Celtics as a team had twice as many assists as the Bulls. This is because MJ controlled the ball and basically came down and jacked shots every sequence. One on one iso ball vs. team ball movement. As a guard Jordan shouldve had more assists and did a better job of setting up teammates like Bird.

MJ career triple doubles: 31
Larry Bird career triple doubles: 59

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Michael Jordan played "shooting guard" so he was supposed to score more than Bird. Are we really comparing a shooting guard scoring a bunch of points with a small forward? Averaging almost 9 assists a game as a forward in the playoffs is putting in major work. Typically guards like Jordan who were so ball dominant pick up more assists than forwards but we see with Bird that was not the case. When we see that Jordan averaged 30 shot attempts a game in the playoffs vs. Bird it paints the picture of a ballhog who'd rather get his points than involve his teammates and maybe win a game. Even in the game OP posted where Jordan scored 63, the Celtics as a team had twice as many assists as the Bulls. This is because MJ controlled the ball and basically came down and jacked shots every sequence. One on one iso ball vs. team ball movement. As a guard Jordan shouldve had more assists and did a better job of setting up teammates like Bird.

i'm pretty sure bird would've put up more shots if he had oakley and a bunch of other role players on his squad..but lucky for him he had mchale, parish, dennis johnson on his side..bird was the man no doubt but his squad was also equal better than the bull squad..still dosen't change the fact jordan was better than lebron and in many cases so was bird over lebron:D:D:yes::yes:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jordan dickriders like tallblack are driven by nostalgia and their lust for their man. They dont care about reality, because reality would show that their man wasnt perfect and isnt flawless contrary to the work the Nike marketing team put in. REAL NBA fans and history buffs are driven by FACTS, stats, and reality. For example...

MJ played Bird 28 times in the regular season. He was 11-17 vs. Bird in those contests. Their #'s in those games...

MJ 33.5 ppg (25.3 FGA), 6.1 rpg, 5.8 apg, 50.6 FG%, 30.6 3PT%
Bird 26.9 ppg (22.1 FGA), 8.7 rpg, 6.4 apg, 49.8 FG%, 46.9 3PT%

So we can conclude head to head in the regular season Bird was a better passer, shooter, and rebounder

In the playoffs MJ played Bird 6 times. He lost EVERY SINGLE GAME. Their #'s in those games...

MJ 39.7 ppg (29.8 FGA), 6.7 rpg, 5.8 apg, 46.4 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (6 attempts)
Bird 27.2 ppg (16.3 FGA), 9.0 rpg, 8.5 apg, 53.1 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (13 attempts)

So we can conclude head to head in the postseason averaging a near triple double, Bird was a better passer, shooter, and rebounder

We also can conclude that head to head "The GOAT" was 11-23 (.324) vs. Bird :smh: :smh: :smh:
lol at u calling me a dickrkider cause i said jordan was better than lebron..u kno that's why u dislike my comments..if i never said that i would be off ur radar but anything that goes against ur boo boo u ready to windmill... that's why u be lurking them steph threads, kobe threads, mj threads cause to much compliments not towards ur boo boo hurts ur feeling

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
lol at u calling me a dickrkider cause i said jordan was better than lebron..u kno that's why u dislike my comments..if i never said that i would be off ur radar but anything that goes against ur boo boo u ready to windmill... that's why u be lurking them steph threads, kobe threads, mj threads cause to much compliments not towards ur boo boo hurts ur feeling
Dude, why are you even arguing that slightly retarded Rain Man ass bitchmade pussy! Tell that motherfucker to see me on that Whos the biggest dickrider challenge I stepped to his punk ass with. Motherfucker all of a sudden clammed the fuck up. Bitch ass Nigga is a glorified troll Dude, he stage swinging from LeBron's nuts though. Punk always trying to call somebody a ride there, yet with other dude on here knows every stat about a player on cue. This Joker is an obsessed fan for real, all that obscure crap about LeBron he knows. Faggit could damn near tell the board which hand LeBron wipes his ass with and how many wipes he averages depending on what he had for dinner. I wouldn't even waste my time arguing with that troll man. Tell that fool to come see me on that bet! The fact that he's in every Jordan thread comma proves that he's really a LeBron stand, and an obsessed gay one at that!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dude, why are you even arguing that slightly retarded Rain Man ass bitchmade pussy! Tell that motherfucker to see me on that Whos the biggest dickrider challenge I stepped to his punk ass with. Motherfucker all of a sudden clammed the fuck up. Bitch ass Nigga is a glorified troll Dude, he stage swinging from LeBron's nuts though. Punk always trying to call somebody a ride there, yet with other dude on here knows every stat about a player on cue. This Joker is an obsessed fan for real, all that obscure crap about LeBron he knows. Faggit could damn near tell the boy which hand LeBron wipes his ass with and how many wipes he averages depending on what he had for dinner. I wouldn't even waste my time arguing with that troll man. Tell that fool to come see me on that bet! The fact that he's in every Jordan thread comma proves that he's really a LeBron stand, and an obsessed gay one at that!
lol shhhhhhhh... i was gonna bring that up if he responded to me.. i kno he went ghost on that bet like lebron did in 1 of the nba finals where he struggled to death.. dat dude be straight lying to ..nig claimed i was screaming i was a laker fan back in like 08 when i literally only posted parties i was promoting in ny during that time..most of the time i was lurking.. hell even shady kno i was screaming bulls for yrs on here..never been a laker fan in fact i hate shaq with a passion so to say that i'm a laker fan is straight bullshit... anyway this dude been mad at me for like a yr cause in 1 thread i said mj was better thn lebron and ever since than he been catching hissy fits..it's funny and sad all in 1 on how gay he looks but i will not lie and say i haven't laughed my ass off at his bitch fits

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
BGOL yall notice I give you numbers and facts and these 2 MJ ball washers dont? Just emotional paragraphs defending their man. :lol:

Being swept by Bird 2 years in a row pretty much goes with the theme of the mans life. Kneeling at the feet of white men while bragging no other black man is on his level. :lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
BGOL yall notice I give you numbers and facts and these 2 MJ ball washers dont? Just emotional paragraphs defending their man. :lol:

Being swept by Bird 2 years in a row pretty much goes with the theme of the mans life. Kneeling at the feet of white men while bragging no other black man is on his level. :lol:
didn't bron do that when he went back to cleveland to the same owner that shitted on his soul???/

didn't your boo boo do that when he left his two friends in miami to get a cac power forward who he thought would bring him more chips than the two bros??

by the way u gonna take it is what it is bet???

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
The desperation coming from KingTaharqa in any thread pertaining to MJ is hilarious

Jordan was my favorite players, just like everyone else...but Kareem was the better overall more complete player imo.

Kareem was nice, but then again , a talented 7'2" guy is harder to defend. Think of players like Durant. Almost 7 feet, playing like a guard.

In my mind its MJ, then everyone else. And deep down inside a lot of folks feel the same, theyre just searching for reason to not "be like the crowd"

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The desperation coming from KingTaharqa in any thread pertaining to MJ is hilarious

Another non numbers post from an emotional MJ stan. I want all you dudes to come lurking out the shadows. Stand up for your man.

11-23 (.324) aint a good look vs. one of your chief rivals especially if you want GOAT status.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered

Kareem was nice, but then again , a talented 7'2" guy is harder to defend. Think of players like Durant. Almost 7 feet, playing like a guard.

In my mind its MJ, then everyone else. And deep down inside a lot of folks feel the same, theyre just searching for reason to not "be like the crowd"
Dude he is a bitch and a fucking obsessed troll and he is definitely a faggit. Clown is suffering a meltdown and the whole board is now seeing him for the gay troll he is...:yes:

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
  • Look this can go on for days. Steve Nash was a better passer and shooter than Jordan. Luckily, Jordan played against Bird and Magic and we actually have video footage.
  • Second, Jordan's defense, mid-range game, driving and pure scoring were better than Bird. I can pick damn near any matrix and say someone had better attributes than Mike, doesn't make them better than him.
  • The only person I can legitimately compare to Mike is Kareem. Bird, however, is my starting SF on an all-NBA team.
  • With all that said, Jordan is the GOAT.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Well this thread took an unexpected turn.

Naw fam. Its not unexpected that tallblack, IT IS WHAT IT IS, and chitownbussa get hoemotional for Jordan. At least chitown is a REAL Bulls fan. The other 2 just unapologetic dickriders. Theyre hurt that his head to head record vs Bird is so pathetic. They aint mad at me, but mad at Jordan for being such a loser when it comes to facing gifted white men.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I'm still mad Zeke wasnt on the dream team.

Mike conspired for him not to be there. One of the biggest bitch moves he's ever made as a player.

For the record MJ was 29-36 vs. Isiah head to head. "The GOAT" with another sub .500 record vs one of his chief rivals. :smh:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mike conspired for him not to be there. One of the biggest bitch moves he's ever made as a player.

For the record MJ was 29-36 vs. Isiah head to head. "The GOAT" with another sub .500 record vs one of his chief rivals. :smh:
They didn't need zeke at all

That's like saying the 2008 team needed nash

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
An argument could be made...If we are comparing Jordan to Bird, come on now. Dirk vs Bird argument is a much better one.
Let's put it this way. Bird is lucky that Dirk wasn't born in America, played without the help Bird had against some incredible competition, and stayed loyal to the fucking Mavs(even after they let Nash go :eek:).

It's just the point that Dirk had a shitty organization to put up with. Nash definitely could have stated and helped. Dirk basically took 2 different teams to the finals. That's some Lebron shit. He came out the fucking west too. He's a very underrated player who did himself a disservice by remaining so loyal to Cuban. Without Dirk, Cuban sells that team years ago.

Switch them out and you get the same results

Naw. I don't think that's what he's saying. He's just saying that Dirk is underappreciated as a player and I agree. He's an NBA champion that is also going to end his career as probably the 3rd highest scorer of all time.

If he was American-born, he would be getting A LOT more media attention.

Spot on

Teams be weak compared to others never had an elite in his prime teammate really

Always getting cast offs or dudes on the back end of their careers and making it work

Always had to do more with less and still winning

And still not universally respected

The numbers speak for themselves tho

And honestly Cuban and Donnie Nelson let him down

While he got them looking like they really know what the fuck they are doing and they don't

Last edited:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NO! Bird is closer to Jordan than Dirk is to Bird. Bird is arguably the greatest small forward ever. Dirk is listed as a power forward but he's more like a tall small forward. Either way he's not in the top 5 at either position.

See the disrespect he still gets?

So he not top 5 at his position ever?

What other player with his accolades would get such disrespect

Come on son

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He collected 6 L's from Bird in back to back postseasons. Larry would take that any day. :yes: Jordan will never beat Bird. Nothing will ever change that.
I feel you. But when the discussion of GOAT is mentioned. Bird isn't even looked at. No doubt, Larry schooled MJ, but as a true player, MJ redefined the game and made it HIS. Not like LBJ, where PEOPLE, FANS, and the LEAGUE is trying to hand him the NBA throne. For what? He hasn't done anything except for set a bunch of records.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I assume you misunderstood what the position are responsible for on the basketball court. The small forward position is indeed a scoring position. So I am not sure what you meant by your first two sentences.

The reason why Bird was supposed to have more rebounds was due to him playimg forward. A forwards responsibility is to crash the boards, plus they generally play closer to the basket. Having your guards crash the boards leaves the fast break open. If the guards crash that means no one is covering the back court.

I am not sure why you keep bringing up assist in the playoffs because Bird averaged 6.4 while MJ was at 6 assit per game. Are you seeing something that we are not?

Now you are trying to paint a narrative that MJ was a ball hog. In the playoffs MJ only averaed 25 shots per game while Bird averaged 22. So how was MJ a ball hog?

When it comes to triple doubles a big should have more of them. That is pretty much common sense.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I feel you. But when the discussion of GOAT is mentioned. Bird isn't even looked at. No doubt, Larry schooled MJ, but as a true player, MJ redefined the game and made it HIS. Not like LBJ, where PEOPLE, FANS, and the LEAGUE is true to hand him the NBA throne. For what? He hasn't done anything except for set a bunch of records.

You cant be GOAT when one of your peers OWNS you. Then like a weak bitch you agree to do "light hearted" commercials with them. MJ was like "I cant beat him so let me coon in McDonalds commercials" with him." Wilt wanted to beat Russell not bow down to him in advertisements. :smh:

hayesc0

Support BGOL
Registered
Anotherher non numbers post from an emotional MJ stan. I want all you dudes to come lurking out the shadows. Stand up for your man.

11-23 (.324) aint a good look vs. one of your chief rivals especially if you want GOAT status.
Lol you are on some troll shit not even larry bird thinks hes betrer then mj and he had supreme confidence.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He collected 6 L's from Bird in back to back postseasons. Larry would take that any day. :yes: Jordan will never beat Bird. Nothing will ever change that.
Losing to a great Boston team along with the Pistons just makes winning it all more special. In life losing is only bad if you can't learn from it. The beat downs the Bulls took from Detroit and Boston were all learning lessons that taught a young Micheal and the Bulls what championship basketball was all about. MJ took his lessons learned and ran off 6 titles in 8 years.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i'm pretty sure bird would've put up more shots if he had oakley and a bunch of other role players on his squad..but lucky for him he had mchale, parish, dennis johnson on his side..bird was the man no doubt but his squad was also equal better than the bull squad..still dosen't change the fact jordan was better than lebron and in many cases so was bird over lebron:D:D:yes::yes:
Man he tripping. For the playoffs MJ only averaged 25 shots per game while Bird 22 shots per game. He was trying to make it seem as if MJ was throwing up 50 shots

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Lol you are on some troll shit not even larry bird thinks hes betrer then mj and he had supreme confidence.

Bird thinks he's better. Trust that. He would tell you Jordan isnt even the toughest player he's faced. Posting real numbers even if it hurts Jordan groupies feelings isnt trolling. It just not going out of your way to coddle Michael and make excuses for his failures.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
You cant be GOAT when one of your peers OWNS you. Then like a weak bitch you agree to do "light hearted" commercials with them. MJ was like "I cant beat him so let me coon in McDonalds commercials" with him." Wilt wanted to beat Russell not bow down to him in advertisements. :smh:

:roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3::lol2::lol::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3::lol2::lol::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3::lol2::giggle:

images

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How many rings Bird got? 3

Bird retried in 1992.
Jordan went on his 3-peat from 1991 - 1993.
Where was Bird??

Who couldn't beat who?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Man he tripping. For the playoffs MJ only averaged 25 shots per game while Bird 22 shots per game. He was trying to make it seem as if MJ was throwing up 50 shots

In the 6 playoff games he faced Bird he averaged 30 shot attempts a game. Dude was playing James Harden style iso ball. And defensively stopped NO ONE on the Cs. DJ, Ainge, Bird, etc, they all ate and padded numbers on those series. Thats how you lose even when you score 63. :lol:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
@KingTaharqa whats good with our Bet Bruh?!?!?! You get those posts together? Ready for your sabbatical you lil TROLLING ass bitch made LeBron tea bagging bitch made Rain man obsessed punk ass faggit!!!!

LETS GOOOOO NIGGA!!!!!! PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!! PROVE YOU'RE NOT THE BIGGEST DICK RIDER OBSESSED FAN ON THIS BITCH!!!

Stop Hiding FAGGIT!!! Respond to my challenge Nigga! Prove to the board that you're not anything more than a gay ass mildly retarded obsessed troll!!!!

I'm waiting Bitchass!! Post for Post!!! Lets GOOOO!!! The whole board knows who are you are motherfucker!!! You ain't SHIT NIGGA!!!

Man Up and Step Up!!! Balls in your court pussy!!! No more deflections motherfucker, LETS GO!!!! :popcorn:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
How many rings Bird got? 3

Bird retried in 1992.
Jordan went on his 3-peat from 1991 - 1993.
Where was Bird??

Who couldn't beat who?

Bird went to the Finals every year from 84-88. He was also MVP 3 straight years. Where was MJ? Oh he was the easy first round tune up Bird went thru for his championships. Dominique and Moncrief were tougher matchups.