NBA 2018-2019 playoffs thread...finals is set..”Warriors vs Raptors 2-4” Raptors win the title!!!

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

Drake ain’t dropped that championship song yet. Dude was saying “like my CHIPS with the dip” in that interview instead of saying “ship”

I can't believe how many people are at the parade. I'm glad I didn't go..that's too much people in one area for me.

Yeah I was watching the parade earlier and was like damn that’s a lot of people

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Traina Thoughts: ESPN Refutes Report About Major Cast Shakeup to 'NBA Countdown'

JIMMY TRAINA
June 13, 2019
1. Will tonight (or Sunday if we get a Game 7) be the last time we see Michelle Beadle, Chauncey Billups and Paul Pierce on ESPN's NBA Countdown?

Sports By Brooks reported Wednesday that the trio is out after this season wraps up.

Sports by Brooks@SportsbyBrooks

SOURCES: Sports by Brooks has learned that Michelle Beadle will not return as the host of ESPN's NBA Countdown next season. SbB has also learned Chauncey Billups and Paul Pierce won't return as fulltime analysts and that Maria Taylor may take over as host. https://sportsbybrooks.com/sources-beadle-pierce-billups-out-at-espns-countdown/ …

11:26 AM - Jun 12, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

SOURCES: BEADLE, PIERCE, BILLUPS OUT AT ESPN'S "COUNTDOWN" - Sports by Brooks
EXCLUSIVE: SportsbyBrooks.com has learned from multiple sources that Michelle Beadle will not return as host of NBA Countdown next season. Multiple sources also tell SportsbyBrooks.com that NBA...

sportsbybrooks.com

767 people are talking about this

ESPN released a statement disputing the news, which said, “Our whole NBA team is doing a great job and remains focused on an incredible NBA Finals and tomorrow night’s Game 6. We have made no decisions about what we are doing next season. After the season, and as we do with every sport, we will sit down and plan our entire NBA content offering across platforms.”

Here's the thing: Where there's smoke, there's fire. ESPN isn't going to confirm that report while the cast still has one or two shows left. However, it's also possible that the network really hasn't made a decision yet about next season since it is still dealing with this season.

But here's what we do know: ESPN will be airing NBA games, including the Finals, through the 2024-25 season. They are paying the NBA $1.4 billion a year for those rights. They have to have a better studio show.

Granted, it will be impossible for ESPN to compete with TNT when it comes to NBA studio shows, unless they lure Charles Barkley away from TNT, but when the only buzz you get all postseason is because Paul Pierce made up a story about crapping his pants, you have issues.

ESPN is the king at making everything it does feel important. For some reason, it hasn't been able to do that with NBA Countdown, through numerous iterations. It's hard to believe the World Wide Leader won't keep trying, though.

They've built a relationship with Kobe Bryant thanks to his ESPN+ show, Detail. If I'm ESPN, he's the first person I'm going after and I'm not stopping until he says yes. The guy is a quote machine who is not shy about voicing his opinions. The second person I'm offering a Countdown spot to is Richard Jefferson, who has been a standout on various shows during this postseason.

Of course, we still have to see if ESPN will make changes to NBA Countdown, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Sports By Brooks will end up taking a big bow in a few weeks.

By the way, the issues of NBA Countdown were a big topic on a recent SI Media Podcast I did with Boston Globe sports media reporter Chad Finn. Take a listen below.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
:lol2::lol2:

Kawhi can just retire from all the Ether he delivered this past week alone.

And bitch you wonder why they fired you.

You gotta love folks questioning not his character but how hurt he was. I never understood, how former and current players,doctors,fans and the media could tell any player,how hurt they are.

That to me makes no fucking sense to me at all...:smh:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Traina Thoughts: ESPN Refutes Report About Major Cast Shakeup to 'NBA Countdown'

JIMMY TRAINA
June 13, 2019
1. Will tonight (or Sunday if we get a Game 7) be the last time we see Michelle Beadle, Chauncey Billups and Paul Pierce on ESPN's NBA Countdown?

Sports By Brooks reported Wednesday that the trio is out after this season wraps up.

Sports by Brooks@SportsbyBrooks

SOURCES: Sports by Brooks has learned that Michelle Beadle will not return as the host of ESPN's NBA Countdown next season. SbB has also learned Chauncey Billups and Paul Pierce won't return as fulltime analysts and that Maria Taylor may take over as host. https://sportsbybrooks.com/sources-beadle-pierce-billups-out-at-espns-countdown/ …

11:26 AM - Jun 12, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

SOURCES: BEADLE, PIERCE, BILLUPS OUT AT ESPN'S "COUNTDOWN" - Sports by Brooks
EXCLUSIVE: SportsbyBrooks.com has learned from multiple sources that Michelle Beadle will not return as host of NBA Countdown next season. Multiple sources also tell SportsbyBrooks.com that NBA...

sportsbybrooks.com

767 people are talking about this

ESPN released a statement disputing the news, which said, “Our whole NBA team is doing a great job and remains focused on an incredible NBA Finals and tomorrow night’s Game 6. We have made no decisions about what we are doing next season. After the season, and as we do with every sport, we will sit down and plan our entire NBA content offering across platforms.”

Here's the thing: Where there's smoke, there's fire. ESPN isn't going to confirm that report while the cast still has one or two shows left. However, it's also possible that the network really hasn't made a decision yet about next season since it is still dealing with this season.

But here's what we do know: ESPN will be airing NBA games, including the Finals, through the 2024-25 season. They are paying the NBA $1.4 billion a year for those rights. They have to have a better studio show.

Granted, it will be impossible for ESPN to compete with TNT when it comes to NBA studio shows, unless they lure Charles Barkley away from TNT, but when the only buzz you get all postseason is because Paul Pierce made up a story about crapping his pants, you have issues.

ESPN is the king at making everything it does feel important. For some reason, it hasn't been able to do that with NBA Countdown, through numerous iterations. It's hard to believe the World Wide Leader won't keep trying, though.

They've built a relationship with Kobe Bryant thanks to his ESPN+ show, Detail. If I'm ESPN, he's the first person I'm going after and I'm not stopping until he says yes. The guy is a quote machine who is not shy about voicing his opinions. The second person I'm offering a Countdown spot to is Richard Jefferson, who has been a standout on various shows during this postseason.

Of course, we still have to see if ESPN will make changes to NBA Countdown, but if I were a betting man, I'd say Sports By Brooks will end up taking a big bow in a few weeks.

By the way, the issues of NBA Countdown were a big topic on a recent SI Media Podcast I did with Boston Globe sports media reporter Chad Finn. Take a listen below.

Paul Pierce doesn't need to be on TV as an analyst period. Not full, not part time, just not at all. That whole show was a train wreck this season.