Nancy Pelosi needs to go. This bitch is weak and worthless. Get the fuck outta here hoe!!!

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
We have scores of new extreme right wing judges with lifetime appointments (all recommended by the extremist Federalist Society)... judges who hedged on answering layup questions about Brown vs Board of Education. Roe vs Wade is also in jeapordy.

All government departments are now subject to the most grotesque regulatory capture imaginable... with each being helmed by some literal cartoon villain who dedicated their lives to undoing it's work. It's comical that folks are on this juvenile"both sides" shit in this context. And I say that as someone with deep misgivings about the Democratic party and all it's corporate establishment hijinks.

Trump doesn't need congressional approval for starting a war with Iran thanks to AUMF. He can charge fwd with Bolton's fantasy project as soon as he starts to feel really cornered.

On the rest of your post. I'd only say that as adults we navigate a world that demands choices between less than ideal alternatives daily. Politics is the only area folks are allowed to pretend otherwise. No vote at all in this context is a vote for the status quo/Trump.

No vote in this context is telling the entire political machine "fuck your candidates, we're going to do better for ourselves instead of waiting on y'all to do better for us."

One of the things I respect the most about illegal immigrants is that each one of them knows that no matter who's in power the government has the ability to snatch them out of their homes and destroy their lives at a moment's notice. They understand that the more they invest into the system the more likely it is that this system will ruin them.

If we expect to make it through this 20/20 clusterfuck intact that's the same mentality we need to adopt.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
No vote in this context is telling the entire political machine "fuck your candidates, we're going to do better for ourselves instead of waiting on y'all to do better for us."

One of the things I respect the most about illegal immigrants is that each one of them knows that no matter who's in power the government has the ability to snatch them out of their homes and destroy their lives at a moment's notice. They understand that the more they invest into the system the more likely it is that this system will ruin them.

If we expect to make it through this 20/20 clusterfuck intact that's the same mentality we need to adopt.

No vote is actually saying “I’m going to allow other people to make decisions for me”

So if a future government outlaws this solar power initiative that you’re seeking or raises your taxes to pay for another war, then you jus let someone else make that decision.

Unlike you, illegal immigrants WISH they could become citizens and participate in the coting process. And voting once every two years or even every year is not in investing in anything other than your own interests.

Also, if you’re unplugged and don’t care, why are you investing time in this thread?

chitownsfinest

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A war with Iran would require the approval of Congress and the participation of the military.

Again you showed your ignorance you dumb-fuck ofay.

"The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action"

It has been alleged that the War Powers Resolution has been violated in the past – for example, by President Bill Clinton in 1999, during the bombing campaign in Kosovo. Congress has disapproved all such incidents, but none has resulted in any successful legal actions being taken against the president for alleged violations.[2]

SOURCE:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution

Fuckin' go eat a mayo sandwich, choke and die...cracka

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
He can send troops on an executive order, but an act of war requires Congress. Even then, it's very clear that the military has lost all faith in the president.

The biggest issue, is that the military is having a major recruitment problem. it's gotten so bad that they're now accepting people with histories of suicide attempts and self-mutilation. probably because these are the only people who would be willing to go to war against a country with nuclear bombs

And no, it's not about fuck everybody else. I encourage others to do the same. Once people take better care of their health there's less need for healthcare system. People want to complain about the cost of diabetes drugs for instance, what if we can show them that there's a way to not need those drugs in the first place?

The reason I'm researching graphene technology is because PG&E caused the forest fire that killed 70 people and poisoned the air so badly that me and millions of my neighbors had to wear dust masks just to go outside. Graphene technology has the potential to make solar panels practical and affordable to the point where people can generate their own power and leave this corrupt monolith behind.

Our politicians are not going to solve this problem because both parties have been bought and paid for. that's why California never levied one fine against PG&E. Not one executive spent the night in jail. you talk about Trump cutting regulations, how much better is it to ignore the regulations you already have?

Just always remember, they have the draft in their back pocket!! And they also have false flags in a safe that they always seem to throw on the people.. Oops, I forgot people havent woke up to those tricks the corporation/colony use on them..

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
No vote is actually saying “I’m going to allow other people to make decisions for me”

So if a future government outlaws this solar power initiative that you’re seeking or raises your taxes to pay for another war, then you jus let someone else make that decision.

Unlike you, illegal immigrants WISH they could become citizens and participate in the coting process. And voting once every two years or even every year is not in investing in anything other than your own interests.

Also, if you’re unplugged and don’t care, why are you investing time in this thread?

I just ordered a 60w solar panel off of Amazon to go into my 500w charging station. Next month I'm playing a free DJ gig at a local outdoor restaurant to see how long I can run my system on my own power before it cuts out. Do you honestly believe that any government is interested, or even capable, of stopping me? If they can't stop me how are they going to stop thousands of my neighbors from powering their own homes in the exact same way? Especially as this technology is quickly making these kinds of setups smaller, cheaper and more efficient.

As far as a war goes, they can tax whatever they want. I'm an independant contractor which means I qualify for a lot of the same tax breaks that their military suppliers use. And yes, I'm showing other people how to do the same so that they can take advantage of the same breaks. It's also pretty damn hard to invade a country when nobody wants to join the military.

As far as illegal immigrants go, do you really think people risk their lives to come here so they can vote for Joe Biden? No! They come here to take advantage of a stronger economy. Just like legal immigrants do.

I lived here illegally for 4 years before getting my green card. The only real difference between my life then and now is that I have a legit bank account and can legally leave and reenter the country. I realized pretty quickly that the more you participate in this American system the sicker, broker, and more unhappy you become.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Again you showed your ignorance you dumb-fuck ofay.

"The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action"

It has been alleged that the War Powers Resolution has been violated in the past – for example, by President Bill Clinton in 1999, during the bombing campaign in Kosovo. Congress has disapproved all such incidents, but none has resulted in any successful legal actions being taken against the president for alleged violations.[2]

SOURCE:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution

Fuckin' go eat a mayo sandwich, choke and die...cracka

You forgot the other half of your wikipedia quote.

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30-day withdrawal period, without a Congressional authorization for use of military force (AUMF) or a declaration of war by the United States.

This means that Trump would have 2 months to provoke Iran into a counter attack bad enough to force Congress to authorize further action. If he does this he would be going against the advice of his own military which has a million ways to stall or shrug off these orders. At this point Trump has become such a lame duck that this is all but guaranteed.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I just ordered a 60w solar panel off of Amazon to go into my 500w charging station. Next month I'm playing a free DJ gig at a local outdoor restaurant to see how long I can run my system on my own power before it cuts out. Do you honestly believe that any government is interested, or even capable, of stopping me? If they can't stop me how are they going to stop thousands of my neighbors from powering their own homes in the exact same way? Especially as this technology is quickly making these kinds of setups smaller, cheaper and more efficient.

As far as a war goes, they can tax whatever they want. I'm an independant contractor which means I qualify for a lot of the same tax breaks that their military suppliers use. And yes, I'm showing other people how to do the same so that they can take advantage of the same breaks. It's also pretty damn hard to invade a country when nobody wants to join the military.

As far as illegal immigrants go, do you really think people risk their lives to come here so they can vote for Joe Biden? No! They come here to take advantage of a stronger economy. Just like legal immigrants do.

I lived here illegally for 4 years before getting my green card. The only real difference between my life then and now is that I have a legit bank account and can legally leave and reenter the country. I realized pretty quickly that the more you participate in this American system the sicker, broker, and more unhappy you become.

As long as your solar panel has to be somewhere light can shine on it, they could find you and stop you.

And what would you do someone takes away those tax breaks? And if no one joins the military, it’s hard to defend a country so you would have to take your ass back home.

Your white passing skin privilege is in full effect here. Because wherever republicans get in power, it doesn’t effect you, but they immediately start making it harder on us.

So continue living your hippy, snarky white boy life. Some of us have to fight.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Just always remember, they have the draft in their back pocket!! And they also have false flags in a safe that they always seem to throw on the people.. Oops, I forgot people havent woke up to those tricks the corporation/colony use on them..

You are the most plugged in unplugged nigga of all time.

You’re like the “fuck the NFL” niggas that rush into every NFL thread.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
As long as your solar panel has to be somewhere light can shine on it, they could find you and stop you.

And what would you do someone takes away those tax breaks? And if no one joins the military, it’s hard to defend a country so you would have to take your ass back home.

Your white passing skin privilege is in full effect here. Because wherever republicans get in power, it doesn’t effect you, but they immediately start making it harder on us.

So continue living your hippy, snarky white boy life. Some of us have to fight.

Practically every person in this country has to live somewhere light can shine on them. Yet somehow we still have fugitives and illegal immigrants. The US government is not nearly as powerful or unified as you might think.

If someone were to take away those tax breaks then by extension they would also have to take away the tax breaks of many other businesses that actively supply the police and military. How well do you think that's going to work?

Republicans making life harder for Black people. LOL Go ahead and tell that to Oscar Grant or Mario Woods. Tell it to the people of Williamsburg and West Oakland who who lost their homes and businesses. Tell it to the Black people who ended up in ICU because of respiratory conditions caused by the smoke cloud I mentioned earlier. Republicans may be evil, but they didn't do any of that.

While you're at it, go ahead and conduct a rent strike or storm city hall over a proposed road toll designed to gentrify a neighborhood. And no. I didn't takes these challenges on because it was the "right" thing to do. I did it because otherwise I'd be homeless too.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
You are the most plugged in unplugged nigga of all time.

You’re like the “fuck the NFL” niggas that rush into every NFL thread.

The government and the system it holds us under is an unfortunate fact of life. Nobody can get away from it completely.

What I respect about Roots69 is that even if he can't say 'no' he still does his best to say 'no more'.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
You finally exposed your MAGA truth.

Republicans are currently trying to take away every program that helps black people.

But you don’t care because you can pass as white.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I warned y’all about Danny cac eyes. Dude been saying slick shit around here he’s a plant. Ban him

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
You finally exposed your MAGA truth.

Republicans are currently trying to take away every program that helps black people.

But you don’t care because you can pass as white.

Tell me what part gentrification or sanctioned police murders play in these programs. Better yet, don't tell me. Tell my son so he can be "helped" by these programs too.

At the end of the day we're all we got. Let's start acting like it

chitownsfinest

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You forgot the other half of your wikipedia quote.

This means that Trump would have 2 months to provoke Iran into a counter attack bad enough to force Congress to authorize further action. If he does this he would be going against the advice of his own military which has a million ways to stall or shrug off these orders. At this point Trump has become such a lame duck that this is all but guaranteed.

Wigga...it means that he can go to war by just NOTIFYING Congress...not get their approval.

Done. STFU. Bye.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I warned y’all about Danny cac eyes. Dude been saying slick shit around here he’s a plant. Ban him

If you know that much then you must also know the person or agency that planted me.

So go ahead Dr. TRUTH live up to your name expose me and this whole operation. Tell the good people of BGOL what their really up against. Don't forget the receipts.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Tell me what part gentrification or sanctioned police murders play in these programs. Better yet, don't tell me. Tell my son so he can be "helped" by these programs too.

At the end of the day we're all we got. Let's start acting like it

Right now republicans are working to take away affiirmative action that might help your child. Show me where dems are doing that.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
If you know that much then you must also know the person or agency that planted me.

So go ahead Dr. TRUTH live up to your name expose me and this whole operation. Tell the good people of BGOL what their really up against. Don't forget the receipts.
You’re white I don’t need receipts. Your skin is the receipt cracka

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Right now republicans are working to take away affiirmative action that might help your child. Show me where dems are doing that.

The real affirmative action is Black businesses that hire Black employees. Something the Democrats have been trying to curb since white folks started moving back to the cities.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
You’re white I don’t need receipts. Your skin is the receipt cracka

In other words either all white people are agents or you're just running your mouth.

I always suspected you were completely full of shit. Thanks for the proof

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
The real affirmative action is Black businesses that hire Black employees. Something the Democrats have been trying to curb since white folks started moving back to the cities.

You sure have a lot to say about Dems and defend the fuck out of Republicans. You’re just another white Trump supporter.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
You sure have a lot to say about Dems and defend the fuck out of Republicans. You’re just another white Trump supporter.

Really? Do you have any quotes where I've spoken in favor of Trump or his party?

Or are you so throughly brainwashed that you really believe that pointing out the Democrat's flaws is the same as being Republican?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Really? Do you have any quotes where I've spoken in favor of Trump or his party?

Or are you so throughly brainwashed that you really believe that pointing out the Democrat's flaws is the same as being Republican?

We’re still waiting for you to call Republicans out like you do Dems

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Everyone thinking the Dems are sitting on all this power just refusing to use it, please read this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/us/politics/subpoenas-trump-congress.html

“President Trump invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency on Wednesday to justify shielding the full Mueller report from Congress, even as the House Judiciary Committee voted to recommend holding Attorney General William P. Barr in contempt for defying its subpoena for the document.

The clash brings to a head the first of a series of fights over the scope and limits of Congress’s power to obtain information that the president wants to keep secret from lawmakers. More are coming: Mr. Trump has vowed to resist “all” subpoenas issued by House Democrats in their oversight investigations. And Mr. Trump has sued his banks and the House Oversight Committeeto block subpoenas for his financial records held by his accountants and financial firms.

The strategy of unabashedly stonewalling Democrats’ oversight investigations raises the question of what lawmakers can do about it — and whether, even if they ultimately prevail, the court fight will take so long that the Trump team will run out the clock before the next election.

What is Congress’s subpoena power?
The Supreme Court has ruled that the Constitution gives Congress broad authority to investigate matters of national interest as it considers what laws to pass.

justices have written. “It comprehends probes into departments of the federal government to expose corruption, inefficiency or waste.”

This oversight role, courts have said, includes the power to issue subpoenas compelling people and organizations to turn over documents or testify, even if they do not want to comply.

What can lawmakers do if someone defies a subpoena?
They can vote to hold someone who defies a subpoena in contempt of Congress. First, the committee that issued the subpoena would vote to recommend that step — which the Judiciary Committee did on Wednesday — and then the full House of Representatives would vote on whether to do so. Just one chamber can do this, so it does not matter that Republicans control the Senate.

What is the punishment for contempt of Congress?
On paper, defying a congressional subpoena for testimony or documents is a misdemeanor crime, punishable by one to 12 months in jail. But in practice, this law is generally toothless in disputes between Congress and the executive branch. Invoking prosecutorial discretion, the Justice Department can decline to charge an official who defies a subpoena at the president’s direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Can Congress enforce a contempt citation on its own?
In theory, yes, but this is outdated. Historically, Congress has exercised “inherent contempt” authority to detain recalcitrant witnesses until the end of its session. But Congress has not tried to use that authority since 1935.

Congress lacks any prison for holding someone in long-term detention, and trying to use its limited security forces to arrest an executive branch official could provoke a dangerous standoff. While some lawmakers have talked about instead imposing a fine, there is no precedent for that, according to the Congressional Research Service, and it is not clear how the House could enforce that penalty.

What about going to court?
Congress could ask a federal judge to enforce its subpoena — and declare witnesses who defy any judicial order to provide the information to Congress in contempt of court. If the Justice Department declines to prosecute someone for contempt of court, judges can appoint special prosecutors to bring the case instead. Still, Mr. Trump could pre-emptively pardon such defendants.

Is Congress’s subpoena power unlimited?
No. For one thing, the Supreme Court has said there must be a link between the information and a legitimate task of Congress, like weighing whether a new law is needed. Lawmakers cannot use their subpoena power and expose private affairs simply to aggrandize investigators or punish a target.

ADVERTISEMENT

In seeking Mr. Trump’s financial records, Congress has said it is studying whether legal reforms are needed to curb the potential problem of clandestine foreign influence on the American political process. Mr. Trump’s lawyers maintain that Democrats are just looking for dirt.

What are other limits on Congress’s power?
Even if lawmakers are conducting a legitimate investigation, it is not a crime to defy a subpoena if there is a legal basis to do so. For example, it is not a crime to refuse to answer questions under one’s Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

Is there a legal basis to withhold the full Mueller report?
Mr. Barr has argued that the law prohibits him from showing secret grand-jury information gathered by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to lawmakers, citing federal rules of criminal procedure that generally restrict sharing such data with outsiders absent a court order. Mr. Barr has also declined to ask the federal judge supervising that grand jury, Judge Beryl A. Howell, for an order permitting him to share that information with Congress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Could the House seek a court order on its own?
Yes, and the House may soon ask Judge Howell to issue an order permitting its members access to grand-jury information from the special counsel investigation. It is not clear whether Mr. Barr would then direct the Justice Department to remain neutral, or instead to oppose the request — and, if Judge Howell agrees to issue such an order, file an appeal of that ruling.

Whether anyone is in a position to appeal such an order is important because the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia recently issued a ruling that put forward a narrow view of when courts may let outsiders to see grand jury information. Judge Howell, a former Senate Judiciary Committee staff lawyer, may be more inclined to find that Congress has a right to access such material.

What about executive privilege?
A valid assertion of executive privilege by the president can also provide a basis to lawfully defy a subpoena, so Mr. Trump’s invocation of it gives Mr. Barr an argument and a shield as the matter moves toward a likely court fight.

The Supreme Court has ruled that presidents have the authority to keep secret certain internal communications, including discussions with aides about how to carry out their constitutional duties. The lines are murky between where Congress’s power stops and the president’s begins, in part because such disputes are usually resolved through compromises rather than definitive rulings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Notably, judges have said they want to see the two branches engage in good-faith negotiations to find a compromise that accommodates the constitutional needs of each, so Mr. Trump’s overt stonewalling may undermine the executive branch’s position when some of these disputes get into court.

But in the exchange of letters between the Trump administration and the Judiciary Committee leading up to Wednesday’s vote and invocation, the executive branch argued that it was trying to make accommodations in good faith about the Mueller report, so it was Congress that was being unreasonable.

The Trump administration had offered to let a small number of congressional leaders read a less-redacted version of the report that would permit them to see information related to, for example, ongoing investigations and cases, although not the grand-jury material.

But the Justice Department insisted that they sign nondisclosure agreements and take no notes away with them, so they would not be able to discuss what they saw even with other members of the Judiciary Committee. Democrats said that offer was insufficient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Has the privilege been waived?
Even when executive privilege might provide a legal basis to defy a subpoena, courts have ruled that presidents can lose that shield in circumstances where the privilege was waived by sharing that previously confidential information with outsiders.

For example, in 1997, an appeals court ruledthat the Clinton administration waived the privilege over documents that it permitted a personal lawyer for an executive branch official to see. And in 2016, a Federal District Court judge ruled that the Obama administration had waived the privilege over documents that were described and quoted in a public inspector general report.

Those precedents could pose a challenge for the Trump administration to keep Congress from receiving documents related to the special counsel investigation, or to keep it from subpoenaing testimony from Mr. Trump’s former White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, a witness in several potential obstruction-of-justice episodesdetailed in the portions of Mr. Mueller’s report that Mr. Barr made public.
How long will it take for these legal fights to play out?
It could take months or years if Mr. Trump is determined to put up a fight over such issues for every subpoena, appealing any losses all the way to the Supreme Court.”

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
From quora

Why is Donald Trump commenting on whether Robert Mueller should or should not testify before Congress?

Trump is doing a number of things, including trying to prevent Mueller from testifying, for two reasons. First, he wants to hide the truth as much as possible and for as long as possible. Secondly, he’s trying to force the Democrats to begin impeachment proceedings. He thinks that impeachment hearings will help him win reelection.

Trump is preventing anyone he possibly can from appearing before congress, and having them ignore all subpoenas. He is trampling the idea of coequal branches of government and he is being facilitated by virtually every Republican politician.

The Democrats have a tough choice. Even though impeachment will never bear fruit while there is a Republican held Senate (especially one led by The Weasel McConnell), and even though impeachment will possibly unite the Republicans against the left, impeachment is becoming a moral obligation. If this behavior is not impeachable, then what is? By remaining silent, the Democrats, like the Republicans who refuse to standup to Trump, risk becoming enablers and exacerbating the decline and destruction of the US Constitution and our government!

On the other hand, if by staying away from the “I” word, Democrats can ensure that Trump will lose big in 2020, that may ultimately prove to be the best way to save our country. And I do think the US is experiencing its biggest crisis since its inception.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
From quora

Why is Donald Trump commenting on whether Robert Mueller should or should not testify before Congress?

Trump is doing a number of things, including trying to prevent Mueller from testifying, for two reasons. First, he wants to hide the truth as much as possible and for as long as possible. Secondly, he’s trying to force the Democrats to begin impeachment proceedings. He thinks that impeachment hearings will help him win reelection.

Trump is preventing anyone he possibly can from appearing before congress, and having them ignore all subpoenas. He is trampling the idea of coequal branches of government and he is being facilitated by virtually every Republican politician.

The Democrats have a tough choice. Even though impeachment will never bear fruit while there is a Republican held Senate (especially one led by The Weasel McConnell), and even though impeachment will possibly unite the Republicans against the left, impeachment is becoming a moral obligation. If this behavior is not impeachable, then what is? By remaining silent, the Democrats, like the Republicans who refuse to standup to Trump, risk becoming enablers and exacerbating the decline and destruction of the US Constitution and our government!

On the other hand, if by staying away from the “I” word, Democrats can ensure that Trump will lose big in 2020, that may ultimately prove to be the best way to save our country. And I do think the US is experiencing its biggest crisis since its inception.
:itsawrap:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
From quora

Exactly