My younger brother tested positive a few days ago.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
He was the fourth person at his job to test positive. He found out he was the fourth, because a supervisor let it slip. After the first three people tested positive, they kept it quiet. He said HR called him today and started asking him all kinds of questions, and I told him they're calling him to cover their ass. Before you ask, yeah, I have a close female friend who's an attorney and she wanted me to put her in touch with him.

This is why Republicans are trying to slip in that Waiver on Business Liability into the New Covid stimulus bill..

Democrats are blocking it.... but McConnell wants that shit in there.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
He was the fourth person at his job to test positive. He found out he was the fourth, because a supervisor let it slip. After the first three people tested positive, they kept it quiet. He said HR called him today and started asking him all kinds of questions, and I told him they're calling him to cover their ass. Before you ask, yeah, I have a close female friend who's an attorney and she wanted me to put her in touch with him.

Prayers and yes sounds like a liability case. Hope he rides it out safely!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm really interested to see to the medical bills for those that tested positive and had extended hospital stays.. .There's no way that basic insurance is covering all of that...

This is why... Us Bankruptcy attorneys are trying to prepare ourselves for the massive amount of BK filings.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
My mom recovered she's 76 so her breathing was a little tough but the fuckin hospital told her go home for 2 weeks..then come back. It's like they can only do so much... especially their were more patients that was worse off.

That and they don't have room to keep all these sick folk. Remember, covid didn't replace anything, they still dealing with the usual plus covid.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Two complimentary/positive posts from him in one thread. Scary as fck.
I like to believe that my posts are neutral not slanting positively or cynically. I do believe some posters interpret my posts that way and I’m not interested in dissuading them.

I believe, ultimately, that your interpretations are you internal barometer. And I’m not in the business of telling anyone anything about anything.

I am only interested in the facts. I can form my own opinion.

housefly

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He still has a bad fever, and he can't taste anything. He has trouble breathing, but it's not as bad as he thought it would be.
[/SIZE]
If He's having trouble breathing take him to the hospital right away. I had it but didn't have breathing problems.
My brother in law is a CO at Rikers and he had the breathing problems. He waited a few days and ended up on a ventilator he made it out three weeks later after they put him with the dying covid patients and he said fuck this and checked himself out. My wife's cousin died when he came back home from the hospital after feeling better.
It will go away and come back I was sick for a month before all the symptoms cleared up.
My mom and a good of mine died from covid complications. Load up on zinc,vitamin C and D.

Try to get out of bed and remain active. Soak in a hot bath at night drink ginger honey and cayenne pepper tea for inflation then bundle up and sweat it out at night. Don't let up until that shit is gone even then continue for at least a week. Good luck and stay healthy.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
He is a line supervisor at a huge bakery, Flowers. I don't know if you've ever worked at a major corporate bakery, but it is hot and steamy and you are all on top of each other.
Both of my brother inlaws work at Flowers.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
[/SIZE]
If He's having trouble breathing take him to the hospital right away. I had it but didn't have breathing problems.
My brother in law is a CO at Rikers and he had the breathing problems. He waited a few days and ended up on a ventilator he made it out three weeks later after they put him with the dying covid patients and he said fuck this and checked himself out. My wife's cousin died when he came back home from the hospital after feeling better.
It will go away and come back I was sick for a month before all the symptoms cleared up.
My mom and a good of mine died from covid complications. Load up on zinc,vitamin C and D.

Try to get out of bed and remain active. Soak in a hot bath at night drink ginger honey and cayenne pepper tea for inflation then bundle up and sweat it out at night. Don't let up until that shit is gone even then continue for at least a week. Good luck and stay healthy.

This one girl posted her symptoms. Said you feel better then worse over and over again.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If they knew about the previous cases and didn’t disclose it that’s a problem.

At my job we suspected people had it, but it's private medical information and that information is private. All they said was "Be careful and protect yourself".

I mean if you had it, would you want them spreading your business? It's a catch 22. :dunno:

I'd let people know though, because I would've probably got it from one of those fuckers!

housefly

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This one girl posted her symptoms. Said you feel better then worse over and over again.

Yeah they aren't telling people half of the shit that this thing does. Even if you make it you can still die that's in back of my mind all the time

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
Hey Chuck,
Worker's comp is his first way to go but if the employer does not have a worker's comp policy or if he can prove that the employer's action to expose him was intentional then you can go for a traditional lawsuit.
I'll call you tomorrow.
Before workers comp. i think there is a federal law that makes employers pay up to two weeks of covid 19 exposure

BoRiCuApOwEr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stay Safe Brothers and Sisters :yes:

I believe Hipaa laws prevent the employer from posting who's sick. the person who sick might have told them about your brother hence the formal meeting .
I work as a Bus Operator and in NYC and over 100 employees have passed since. At this point I'm careful but still living my life shyt I went all the way up to Maine to smash a chick while visiting my nephew ;)

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It’s a weird ecosystem. In my mind an ecosystem is helpful. In reality shady employers donate to campaigns to politicians that pass legislation to screw over employees.

“Get back to work!” they will demand. But if you get sick afterwards they don’t want any of the ramifications for having employees getting hurt.

If only there was a governmental agency tasked with occupational hazards and shit.

Well, there's OSHA, but what have they done through all this?

J.A.

New Orleans Legend
BGOL Patreon Investor
At my job we suspected people had it, but it's private medical information and that information is private. All they said was "Be careful and protect yourself".

I mean if you had it, would you want them spreading your business? It's a catch 22. :dunno:

I'd let people know though, because I would've probably got it from one of those fuckers!
They don’t have to single out anyone. Just release a statement and close shop.

“We’ve had an employees test positive and will be ceasing operations for 2 weeks”.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He still has a bad fever, and he can't taste anything. He has trouble breathing, but it's not as bad as he thought it would be.
Tell him to take various hot showers a day, drinks lots of water, drink lemon water, and take ginger/ lemon shots... Trust he will be good in less than a week... Got over double digit friends that caught it... The loss of taste is the common theme... Some had headaches, some had pain in body, some were tired, some had fever/colds, some had breathing issues... But all fully recovered with the remedy I just gave you... Pretty much all hit me up to ask about simple remedies and told them that

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They don’t have to single out anyone. Just release a statement and close shop.

“We’ve had an employees test positive and will be ceasing operations for 2 weeks”.

The company I work for did this. They named the building the person worked in and said it would be deeply sanitized and if anyone had been in the building within the week to self quarantine.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Tell him to take various hot showers a day, drinks lots of water, drink lemon water, and take ginger/ lemon shots... Trust he will be good in less than a week... Got over double digit friends that caught it... The loss of taste is the common theme... Some had headaches, some had pain in body, some were tired, some had fever/colds, some had breathing issues... But all fully recovered with the remedy I just gave you... Pretty much all hit me up to ask about simple remedies and told them that
Damn bro you gotta tell Fauci about this shit

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
bless up fam. He gon be good.
Not as bad as he thought it would be? He just got it. I am sure it will end up being worse than he ever imagined.

Of course, I hope he fully recovers and my thoughts are with y'all but dont underestimate shit.

Make sure he is getting the best treatment possible!

You also mentioned attorneys. Who you fitting to sue and for what?
Bgol niggas
My wife lost about 5 relatives. They all lived in the New York area.
I lost 2 in far rockaway and 1 in Harlem.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Bless up to your brother.. Best thing for him to do is if he has mild symptoms or non to self isolate.. and yeah his job trying to cover their asses being on some secretive shit

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

I hope your brother gets better.

That’s HIPPA, I think only HR is required to know.

I believe it's only HIPPA if specific names are given (ie John Smith tested positive for COVID-19). The employer could have let everyone know that three employees tested positive and left it at that, my workplace does that every time someone catches it.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
His job knew they had three other people test positive, and they decided to keep it quiet.
might have been because usually its a violation of federal law if you disclose a medical condition of an employee to other outside of management or HR ....

i think they have been arguing about this point amongst law makers....

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
might have been because usually its a violation of federal law if you disclose a medical condition of an employee to other outside of management or HR ....

i think they have been arguing about this point amongst law makers....
HR isn’t really supposed to know either. But the idea is that your medical file isn’t supposed to be made sweet love on.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My wife lost about 5 relatives. They all lived in the New York area.

Sorry Uncle Chuck, Prayers go out to your brother and the family. We all keeping positive thoughts 8n our hearts fir a full soeedy recovery

He definitely needs to speak a lawyer when he is able.

Stay safe.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is why Republicans are trying to slip in that Waiver on Business Liability into the New Covid stimulus bill..

Democrats are blocking it.... but McConnell wants that shit in there.
Yepppppp... Most people don't realize that... It's pretty much the negotiation tactic they using in order for another stimulus check to happen... If you want a 2nd stimulus sign this liability waiver clause