My younger brother tested positive a few days ago.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
He was the fourth person at his job to test positive. He found out he was the fourth, because a supervisor let it slip. After the first three people tested positive, they kept it quiet. He said HR called him today and started asking him all kinds of questions, and I told him they're calling him to cover their ass. Before you ask, yeah, I have a close female friend who's an attorney and she wanted me to put her in touch with him.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
What sort of job does he do?

Is he in close proximity with his co-workers?

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow...sorry to hear about your brother; now is he asymptomatic or is he showing full-blown signs?

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He still has a bad fever, and he can't taste anything. He has trouble breathing, but it's not as bad as he thought it would be.
Blessings to your brother...., I'm glad he has a positive outlook on things. His employers are straight up assholes, they should have alerted everyone when someone got sick from covid-19 the first time: I hope he sues.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He was the fourth person at his job to test positive. He found out he was the fourth, because a supervisor let it slip. After the first three people tested positive, they kept it quiet. He said HR called him today and started asking him all kinds of questions, and I told him they're calling him to cover their ass. Before you ask, yeah, I have a close female friend who's an attorney and she wanted me to put her in touch with him.
They better hurry up before Mitch McConnell reads this post.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
He still has a bad fever, and he can't taste anything. He has trouble breathing, but it's not as bad as he thought it would be.

He needs to go to the hospital. From what I've read people start having breathing problems and the next minute they need to be intubated.

Normally when people have breathing issues oxygen is low but carbon dioxide is high, so they know immediately there is an issue. With covid they are both low so they don't experience difficulty right away and by the time someone has the symptoms they are close to needing intubated. He needs to get checked out.

My sister and nephew might have it also. Be careful.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It’s a weird ecosystem. In my mind an ecosystem is helpful. In reality shady employers donate to campaigns to politicians that pass legislation to screw over employees.

“Get back to work!” they will demand. But if you get sick afterwards they don’t want any of the ramifications for having employees getting hurt.

If only there was a governmental agency tasked with occupational hazards and shit.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not as bad as he thought it would be? He just got it. I am sure it will end up being worse than he ever imagined.

Of course, I hope he fully recovers and my thoughts are with y'all but dont underestimate shit.

Make sure he is getting the best treatment possible!

You also mentioned attorneys. Who you fitting to sue and for what?

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Not as bad as he thought it would be? He just got it. I am sure it will end up being worse than he ever imagined.

Of course, I hope he fully recovers and my thoughts are with y'all but dont underestimate shit.

Make sure he is getting the best treatment possible!

You also mentioned attorneys. Who you fitting to sue and for what?
His job knew they had three other people test positive, and they decided to keep it quiet.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
He told me someone suggested that they shut down for a few days and do a deep clean, and the person runs that particular bakery refused.

What surprises me is how quickly businesses can go under. Some have seen significantly less business for five months; and that’s all it takes for them to go bankrupt. It’s happened to several already.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He told me someone suggested that they shut down for a few days and do a deep clean, and the person runs that particular bakery refused.

Well if the asshole doesn't want it to get out that employees are testing positive at that bakery, I would think the smart play would be to quietly shut down for a couple of days and get that place cleaned out as best as possible.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hopefully he can get past it with minimal problems
Blessing to you and your fam
I hope your lil bro gets better. I have a female first cousin who caught it and is now recovering, it took it's toll on her so bad that she needs rehab.
Damn, what was she going through?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I say most businesses should not exist, I mean they are not really financially sound and driving on fumes.
They are upside down in credit and debt management just like alot of individuals are. I know a lot of people who live on credit cards.
If they miss one paycheck the house of cards topple. That is why you see this "big business" folding left and right.

I quoted you but I think you should expound on the last sentence.

What do you mean by “most businesses”? What is your definition of a business? Do you not agree in the “Marketplace”?

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A business is only interest is profit. This is where government comes in.

Some people want to engage in commerce without recompense.
I agree. However, bad PR works just as well as government intervention in a lot of cases. If it leaks out that sick employees are making food daily there and the facility is not exercising an extreme cleaning process, I would think that would affect business negatively in the long run.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My mom recovered she's 76 so her breathing was a little tough but the fuckin hospital told her go home for 2 weeks..then come back. It's like they can only do so much... especially their were more patients that was worse off.
That’s a blessing man. She’s still here. Just give the love that she needs. You guys are going to be alright.