My New Internet Crush...Beyonce / Beyoncé UPDATE: Renaissance Act II: Cowboy Carter UPDATE: 1st Black woman with No. 1 country song

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That country music crowd is a closed-looped-system. If you're not initially understood to be a country / western artist or performer, and you belong to another genre of music, they're not going to instantly embrace your work just because you make a few tracks that emulate their style!!!

RomeoBaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Serious question: do you like the song (or the other one)? They sound like interesting takes on country music, but it may be too much of a change. The typical country radio listener will hear these songs and they will stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe not. But I don't think Jay's speech will guilt them to vote for her next year, whether she deserves that award or not.
I'll NOT respond further to keep from stirring the beyhive.... But the timing of Jay-Z's speech, the Super Bowl commercial and such... We saw this coming.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

mad.gif

Uncle Jesse come get ya boy

Boss Hogg was right.

Last edited:

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Doesn't sound like a country record sans the guitar track...the vocal RKELLY shit should be played out by now but.....she is a sista so I want her to shit on their industry and humble them crackers.

Kubrick

Rising Star
OG Investor
eh ... I dig this track and I do not dig country. It is 1000% better than the other country shit I have heard.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Why should it be a compliment when country music is basically watered down blues music....

barack-obama-former-us-president.gif

mad.gif

Uncle Jesse come get ya boy

Boss Hogg was right.

How about creating your own music since everything y'all touch gets watered down...Like,I said country music is a watered down version of blues...

I stand corrected....

Also,she is from Texas and there's a high possibility that she listened to country music while growing up.....

Last edited:

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
I don't do country at all... I don't care who the artist is. So I won't be listing for it. I'll probably never hear it.

Now: "Swing Down Sweet Chariot Stop And, Let Me Ride.":beammeup:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Country music is Black Music

We taking that shit back

This is the Beyoncé I MAY support

But this lady stupid filthy rich

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Beyoncé becomes first Black woman with No. 1 country song for 'Texas Hold 'Em'​

Come take it to the floor now.
By Wesley Stenzel

Published on February 20, 2024

After conquering the world with Renaissance, Beyoncé is continuing to make history with Act II.

Billboard announced Tuesday that the Grammy winner hit No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart with her new song “Texas Hold ‘Em.” Rolling Stone reports that this achievement makes her the first Black woman to top that chart since its inception in 1958. The song is also No. 2 on the Hot 100 behind Jack Harlow’s “Lovin on Me.”

Beyonce

Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
KEVIN MAZUR/GETTY
Beyoncé announced her next album on Feb. 11 after teasing new music during a Super Bowl commercial for Verizon. Shortly after the ad premiered, “Texas Hold ‘Em” and “16 Carriages” hit streaming services to immediate success. The former song had 19.2 million official streams, while the latter had 10.3 million streams, which placed it at No. 9 on the country chart.

Following fan outcry, Columbia Nashville announced that it would officially promote “Texas Hold ‘Em” to country radio stations on Feb. 14. Though it wasn’t immediately clear whether either song would officially hit country radio, station managers told EW that they were playing “Texas Hold ‘Em” anyway, and that the response had been overwhelmingly positive. “I added the song because it's a great song, and I'm excited because it just sounds so freaking good on the radio,” 93Q Country’s Travis Moon told EW. “And if there are some of her fans who listen to the song on my radio station that like some other songs, that's actually good for my station.”

Beyoncé had previously adopted country elements for the song “Daddy Lessons” on 2016’s Lemonade, but the instrumentation of her new singles and her recent adoption of cowboy visual aesthetics leads fans to believe that Act II will be the singer’s first full-blown country album.

Many Black women have made waves in country music for decades — as noted by former American Idol mentor Bobby Bones, the genre’s origins are partially indebted to African music. “Country music is based on the music from Africa brought over on the slave ships. And from Europe. With the fiddle and banjo," Bones previously wrote on social media. "So all these dudes yelling ‘that ain’t country’… unless you’re European or African, you ain’t really ‘country.’”

The success of Beyoncé’s songs is especially significant in the wake of repeated criticism of the country music industry’s treatment of Black artists. In 2019, Billboard removed Lil Nas X’s "Old Town Road" from the Hot Country Charts, arguing that the song didn’t have enough country elements to be included on the charts. Before that, Beyoncé herself generated controversy after performing "Daddy Lessons" at the 50th Country Music Awards, as some audiences disliked the inclusion of a non-country artist in the ceremony, while others called such opinions racist.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Beyoncé becomes first Black woman with No. 1 country song for 'Texas Hold 'Em'​

Come take it to the floor now.
By Wesley Stenzel

Published on February 20, 2024

After conquering the world with Renaissance, Beyoncé is continuing to make history with Act II.

Billboard announced Tuesday that the Grammy winner hit No. 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart with her new song “Texas Hold ‘Em.” Rolling Stone reports that this achievement makes her the first Black woman to top that chart since its inception in 1958. The song is also No. 2 on the Hot 100 behind Jack Harlow’s “Lovin on Me.”

Beyonce

Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.
KEVIN MAZUR/GETTY
Beyoncé announced her next album on Feb. 11 after teasing new music during a Super Bowl commercial for Verizon. Shortly after the ad premiered, “Texas Hold ‘Em” and “16 Carriages” hit streaming services to immediate success. The former song had 19.2 million official streams, while the latter had 10.3 million streams, which placed it at No. 9 on the country chart.

Following fan outcry, Columbia Nashville announced that it would officially promote “Texas Hold ‘Em” to country radio stations on Feb. 14. Though it wasn’t immediately clear whether either song would officially hit country radio, station managers told EW that they were playing “Texas Hold ‘Em” anyway, and that the response had been overwhelmingly positive. “I added the song because it's a great song, and I'm excited because it just sounds so freaking good on the radio,” 93Q Country’s Travis Moon told EW. “And if there are some of her fans who listen to the song on my radio station that like some other songs, that's actually good for my station.”

Beyoncé had previously adopted country elements for the song “Daddy Lessons” on 2016’s Lemonade, but the instrumentation of her new singles and her recent adoption of cowboy visual aesthetics leads fans to believe that Act II will be the singer’s first full-blown country album.

Many Black women have made waves in country music for decades — as noted by former American Idol mentor Bobby Bones, the genre’s origins are partially indebted to African music. “Country music is based on the music from Africa brought over on the slave ships. And from Europe. With the fiddle and banjo," Bones previously wrote on social media. "So all these dudes yelling ‘that ain’t country’… unless you’re European or African, you ain’t really ‘country.’”

The success of Beyoncé’s songs is especially significant in the wake of repeated criticism of the country music industry’s treatment of Black artists. In 2019, Billboard removed Lil Nas X’s "Old Town Road" from the Hot Country Charts, arguing that the song didn’t have enough country elements to be included on the charts. Before that, Beyoncé herself generated controversy after performing "Daddy Lessons" at the 50th Country Music Awards, as some audiences disliked the inclusion of a non-country artist in the ceremony, while others called such opinions racist.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster