Music News: Dolly Parton Would Like to Pose for Playboy Again When She’s 75 UPDATE: Bezos just gave her $100 M!

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Her statement kinda reminds me of the movie, "The best little whore house in Texas" that she starred in
:lol: :roflmao:

Kudos to her

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame rejects Dolly Parton's request to remove herself from nominations list

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame said it is "proud" to continue with its nomination process after Parton previously requested to withdraw from contention.

By Joey NolfiMarch 18, 2022 at 09:42 AM EDT

Dolly Parton might have to work 9 to 5 — with some overtime — to ensure her removal from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations list.
After the iconic singer-songwriter announced she intended to remove herself from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2022 nominations list because she doesn't feel she's "earned that right," the organization announced Thursday it will not remove her from contention.
"From its inception, Rock & Roll has had deep roots in Rhythm & Blues and Country music. It is not defined by any one genre, rather a sound that moves youth culture. Dolly Parton's music impacted a generation of young fans and influenced countless artists that followed. Her nomination to be considered for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame followed the same process as all other artists who have been considered," the Hall's statement read, adding that, prior to Parton's rejection of the nomination, her name already went out to its 1,200 ballot voters for induction consideration. "We are in awe of Dolly's brilliant talent and pioneering spirit and are proud to have her nominated for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame."

A representative for Parton did not immediately respond to EW's request for a response to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's statement.
On Monday, Parton released a statement of her own expressing gratitude for the nomination, but doubting her own qualifications to join.
"Even though I am extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I don't feel that I have earned that right," she said. "I really do not want votes to be split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out," she wrote in a message on Twitter, going on to add, "I do hope that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame will understand and be willing to consider me again – if I'm ever worthy."

Parton's fellow nominees for 2022 induction include 16 other acts from different genres, including rapper Eminem, singer Lionel Richie, A Tribe Called Quest, Beck, Duran Duran, and Carly Simon, among others.
In addition to a fan-fueled ballot vote, the pool of nominees will be narrowed down by further votes from artists, historians, and industry professionals. The final roster of inductees will be announced in May, followed by an induction ceremony later this year.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame rejects Dolly Parton's request to remove herself from nominations list

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame said it is "proud" to continue with its nomination process after Parton previously requested to withdraw from contention.

By Joey NolfiMarch 18, 2022 at 09:42 AM EDT

Dolly Parton might have to work 9 to 5 — with some overtime — to ensure her removal from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations list.
After the iconic singer-songwriter announced she intended to remove herself from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2022 nominations list because she doesn't feel she's "earned that right," the organization announced Thursday it will not remove her from contention.
"From its inception, Rock & Roll has had deep roots in Rhythm & Blues and Country music. It is not defined by any one genre, rather a sound that moves youth culture. Dolly Parton's music impacted a generation of young fans and influenced countless artists that followed. Her nomination to be considered for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame followed the same process as all other artists who have been considered," the Hall's statement read, adding that, prior to Parton's rejection of the nomination, her name already went out to its 1,200 ballot voters for induction consideration. "We are in awe of Dolly's brilliant talent and pioneering spirit and are proud to have her nominated for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame."

A representative for Parton did not immediately respond to EW's request for a response to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's statement.
On Monday, Parton released a statement of her own expressing gratitude for the nomination, but doubting her own qualifications to join.
"Even though I am extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I don't feel that I have earned that right," she said. "I really do not want votes to be split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out," she wrote in a message on Twitter, going on to add, "I do hope that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame will understand and be willing to consider me again – if I'm ever worthy."

Parton's fellow nominees for 2022 induction include 16 other acts from different genres, including rapper Eminem, singer Lionel Richie, A Tribe Called Quest, Beck, Duran Duran, and Carly Simon, among others.
In addition to a fan-fueled ballot vote, the pool of nominees will be narrowed down by further votes from artists, historians, and industry professionals. The final roster of inductees will be announced in May, followed by an induction ceremony later this year.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Remember fellas "posing" for Playboy these days doesn't necessarily mean nude

Plenty of women has "posed" for Playboy such as Jenilee Harrison, Mariah Carey, Taraji P. Henson, Kylie Jenner and Tarana Burke.

None of those women appeared nude.

Hell, Dolly Parton wasn't nude when she appeared in 1978. All she'll probably do is recreate an old pic and it'll be tasteful and PG. Similar to when Playmates from the 1960s came back to pose and they all kept their clothes on.

1978-dolly-parton-playboy-cover-2.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dolly Parton and Kelly Clarkson punch in for poignant '9 to 5' remake

Yes, Kelly, you do have bragging rights 'til the end of time.
By Emlyn TravisSeptember 09, 2022 at 01:54 PM EDT

Tumble out of bed and stumble to the radio, because Dolly Parton and Kelly Clarkson have teamed up for one extra-special duet.
The powerhouse singer-songwriters dropped a new version of Parton's hit "9 to 5" on Friday, more than 40 years after its original release in 1980. The remake comes ahead of the upcoming documentary Still Working 9 to 5, about the beloved film — starring Parton, Jane Fonda, and Lily Tomlin — and its lasting cultural impact.
But this isn't just another take on the same old toe-tapping track. Arranged and produced by the documentary's producer, Shane McAnally (as well as Sasha Sloan and King Henry), the catchy working-class anthem has now been cooled into a more somber, poignant pop ballad as Parton and Clarkson trade off verses about the inequality women face.

In a press release, Parton revealed she was honored to have Clarkson join her on the heartfelt rendition of the song. "Nobody sings like Kelly Clarkson. She makes any song come alive," she said. "I love her voice on '9 to 5' and I am so proud I got to sing with her on it. I'm equally as proud of the wonderful arrangement and production by Shane McAnally."

Clarkson also had only good things to say about collaborating with the "Jolene" legend. "I am so honored that Dolly asked me to reimagine this iconic song, '9 to 5,' with her!" she said. "She is so talented, an inspiration to all women, and one of the sweetest people you will ever meet!"

Dolly Parton and Kelly Clarkson have released a new take on '9 to 5.'

| CREDIT: JOHN SALANGSANG/SHUTTERSTOCK
The Kelly Clarkson Show host cheekily added, "I hope y'all like what we did, but even if you don't, remember I got to sing a duet with the magical Dolly Parton, and now have bragging rights til the end of time!" Agreed!
The pair's duet will be featured in the upcoming documentary, in which the movie's original cast — plus Rita Moreno, who starred in its 1982 television adaptation, and Allison Janney, who led its Broadway stage version — sit down to discuss the workplace comedy's legacy and feminist message throughout the past four decades.
Still Working 9 to 5 opens in limited theaters Sept. 16.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
why is this bish even a topic? yall lustin 70 year wrinkled up cac hoes when you got millions of women across the globe with color. that pussy drier than a camel's ass in a sandstorm. Don't get it.