Music heads give these tracks a listen and let me know what you'll think...(10/13/21 - new update “Go Mode”)

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Boom - 5ive Points EP

1.Control

2. Yea

3.Hot

4. Juice

5. Boombaye - Blitzkreig

Originally the 5th track was Hustle All Day
he removed Hustle all day from here and

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
We don’t need anymore people calling themselves rappers that do that Whiny sing stuff with auto tune . I swear every single person sounds like this . Every one. It’s amazing that auto tune is worst now than when t pain was popping. Also why does everyone think they can sing? Is this Drakes fault? Ja rule had his career ended over this by 50 but now it’s cool?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
We don’t need anymore people calling themselves rappers that do that Whiny sing stuff with auto tune . I swear every single person sounds like this . Every one. It’s amazing that auto tune is worst now than when t pain was popping. Also why does everyone think they can sing? Is this Drakes fault? Ja rule had his career ended over this by 50 but now it’s cool?
:thumbsup:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
5016154.gif

it's not for me, but I want you to succeed...

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
sell them as songs to the managers/A&R's of todays pop/trap stars.
as they sound like great demo's/guides for other artists.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st and foremost that autotuned shit is over used and played out.
2nd each one of the songs posted, although they sound different. They all sound like a copy of an already established artist and or song.
"Control" sounds like Puffy from a couple of albums ago.
"Yea" and "Hot" sound like any Lil mofo's song out now.
"Juice" the hook sounds like some Future joint. The verses are cool though...
"Boom" sounds like a straight Tory Lanez jack.

Not to say that the songs are bad, they are nothing new...

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
3 & 5 weren't too bad, but please, lose the autotune! Lyrically on those 2 songs, dude's not too bad. It's not my thing, but I can hear the potential. The first rack sounds like something you'd hear in a Russian strip club.

Bluelaser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just being honest or should I say in my own personal opinion all the songs sound alike.
All of the vocals are autotuned, echoed and reverbed as well as other overdubbed electronic filterings music wise.
I'm heavily into Rap music but when it comes to "Trap music" I can only bear to listen to it for about 5 to 10 seconds before changing stations.
The songs are trite, redundant and trendy. There is no originality in this genre of music like the artist and or music groups of the 60's, 70's, 80's and some of the 90's.
Those are the decades that in order to get a record deal the artist lyrical material and arrangements had to be catchy, different and original.
Never the less, I will say that out of the 5 songs number 3 sounded the best in my opinion.

Last edited:

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Track one needs a baseline to drop near the front

Track three has me cringe with every nigga and bitch reference (old ears)

Track four could be a nice celebratory song. It needs a little rework.

I will give it another listen

Nice work.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you trying to sneak up in the club with out no one noticing. That’ll work.
if you trying to get in the club when everyone takes notice. Try something else

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Track one needs a baseline to drop near the front

Track three has me cringe with every nigga and bitch reference (old ears)

Track four could be a nice celebratory song. It needs a little rework.

I will give it another listen

Nice work.

Yea your insight about track 3 is on pernt
I stress that shit often

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Just being honest or should I say in my own personal opinion all the songs sound alike.
All of the vocals are autotuned, echoed and reverbed as well as other overdubbed electronic filterings music wise.
I'm heavily into Rap music but when it comes to "Trap music" I can only bear to listen to it for about 5 to 10 seconds before changing stations.
The songs are trite, redundant and trendy. There is no originality in this genre of music like the artist and or music groups of the 60's, 70's, 80's and some of the 90's.
Those are the decades that in order to get a record deal the artist lyrical material and arrangements had to be catchy, different and original.
Never the less, I will say that out of the 5 songs number 3 sounded the best in my opinion.

hustle all day is my favorite but Juice probably get the most luv from club hoppers

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
3 & 5 weren't too bad, but please, lose the autotune! Lyrically on those 2 songs, dude's not too bad. It's not my thing, but I can hear the potential. The first rack sounds like something you'd hear in a Russian strip club.

Russian strip club :lol:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I’m say this about the selections

This my lil brother music, he’s super talented....
These tracks are a small sample of his skill set but you know some folks are smart but too smart.

I thing the folks he’s deals with thinks this the route to go....

I got about 300 old songs on my computer that’s on a different level than this. I let a dude at work listen to a Cutris Blow remake, dude said man dude sounds like he got Kendrick Lamar/ J. Cole talent. I said yea he’s talented.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I’m say this about the selections

This my lil brother music, he’s super talented....
These tracks are a small sample of his skill set but you know some folks are smart but too smart.

I thing the folks he’s deals with thinks this the route to go....

I got about 300 old songs on my computer that’s on a different level than this. I let a dude at work listen to a Cutris Blow remake, dude said man dude sounds like he got Kendrick Lamar/ J. Cole talent. I said yea he’s talented.
Like I said before, you can clearly hear the talent.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not my type of music, but I listened to the 1st track and it very well composed and mixed. I’m not sure people even do mixing anymore as it a lost art. Some of the greatest records in The world are trash because of poor mixing.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Not my type of music, but I listened to the 1st track and it very well composed and mixed. I’m not sure people even do mixing anymore as it a lost art. Some of the greatest records in The world are trash because of poor mixing.

Yea he’s pretty skillful with his mixing....
I’ve been telling him to do a mixtape for years now. He’s blend stay on pernt.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Quoting u again just to say your post about the current soundvs the yester years is spot on.
I’ll say this tho, these tracks are a small sample of the range this dude can cover.

My message as was why go up the mountain on that side(trying to clean out a route, when every one else is doing the same), when u can go up the other side where there’s way less traffic and still reach the same spot.

Bluelaser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quoting u again just to say your post about the current soundvs the yester years is spot on.
I’ll say this tho, these tracks are a small sample of the range this dude can cover.

My message as was why go up the mountain on that side(trying to clean out a route, when every one else is doing the same), when u can go up the other side where there’s way less traffic and still reach the same spot.

I hear ya on that man.
Also,
I'd like to make an apology of sort for making an assessment or criticism without listening to each song in it's entirety if not that then at least for a minute..
I was offset by the autotune and only listened to 5 to 10 seconds of each song and presumed that all the songs where the same. But they are not the same and as I've stated I like song #3 "Hot" and now that I've took time to listen longer, I like #5 "Hustle All Day", It is without a doubt that your brother is talented.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
There's definitely a lot of talent there.
I suggest whoever wrote the the songs needs to incorporate a 'Bridge" in them
It's missing from all of the songs and a vital, classic part of song writing that completes it.
Lastly, they shouldn't be afraid to step OUTSIDE the box. No need to follow what's popular
make your own lane, & own sound....experiment not assimilate

- Constructive Criticism

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I hear ya on that man.
Also,
I'd like to make an apology of sort for making an assessment or criticism without listening to each song in it's entirety if not that then at least for a minute..
I was offset by the autotune and only listened to 5 to 10 seconds of each song and presumed that all the songs where the same. But they are not the same and as I've stated I like song #3 "Hot" and now that I've took time to listen longer, I like #5 "Hustle All Day", It is without a doubt that your brother is talented.

I understand the apology(thx for it) and also would like to say no need for one

I’m bout to send him the replies, just so he can’t know what a matured/older crowd thinks.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I suggest whoever wrote the the songs needs to incorporate a 'Bridge" in the them
It's missing from all of the songs and a vital, classic part of song writing that completes it.
Lastly, they shouldn't be afraid to step OUTSIDE the box. No need to follow what's popular

- Constructive Criticism

Thanks for the input, you spot on with the thoughts of making your own lane, this been my message for years.
Dude is so talented, it’s kinda a gift and cruse.

Constructive criticism is always needed

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
At all. Sounds like every other computer-generated "music." Yuck.

Listen, I'm not telling anybody what to like or listen to. An opinion was asked and I gave mine.

Yuck lmao, I hear ya, it’s always great we all are able to have our choices....

but yea I asked members to give insight

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Yuck lmao, I hear ya, it’s always great we all are able to have our choices....

but yea I asked members to give insight

I think you'll find my opinion in the minority. And that's because I grew up playing an instrument and listening to live instruments and records of live instruments and NO autotune.
It's my opinion that people these days have been listening to that electronic junk for so long they no longer possess the ability to differentiate between real instruments and vocals.
But. it ain't my money so they can spend it on whatever they want.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
As soon as I heard the autotune, I knew what I was going to be in for. I'll pass on this one.:smh:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I think you'll find my opinion in the minority. And that's because I grew up playing an instrument and listening to live instruments and records of live instruments and NO autotune.
It's my opinion that people these days have been listening to that electronic junk for so long they no longer possess the ability to differentiate between real instruments and vocals.
But. it ain't my money so they can spend it on whatever they want.

Yea I completely understand

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I suggest whoever wrote the the songs needs to incorporate a 'Bridge" in the them

- Constructive Criticism

We working on doing a low budget video for “Hustle All Day”, the bridge comment stood out, he’s planning to do to a lil something to cover those comments...

Also I used your stepping out comments to drive home a point I’ve making for years....

I think we finally on the same page with it...
Why sound like Young Thug, when u can be Boom.
I feel he have superior talent that can separate him and allow him to be great. He feels this way also but after creating this thread and showing him y’all comments, I finally understand what the problem was. He expressed he don’t know how to be great/iconic, he said “Like how to do that”.

I told him bro, you have to be you first, then don’t come half stepping, put together a great team and see what can come outta that. The music is there, I probably got 300 songs on my computer, that could get overhauled and folks would be like who the fuck is this.

Last edited: