Music Debate: Who did YOU think was gonna blow up after Making the Band? Update: Its BACK! 2020

Who did you think was gonna have a solid career?

• Total voters

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I thought Sara could go somewhere only because of them big ass tities. Besides her, fuck the rest of them dirty ass project niggas. Including the Babs. :smh:

34dg0w8.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Interesting...I always thought Ness and Babs might have been the break outs. More so Babs cause she would have been the new coming for female rappers; she could have gotten a lot of people behind her. Perhaps we wouldn't have an Iggy if there was a Babs...

Agreed to a point she had a little Foxy Brown to her i even think Foxy was on the show once. And she actially created a mini empire so she winds hands down.
Culturally because of Dave so what u want Dylan got a damn legacy, unlike them white kids ie Jersey Shore he was unable to capitalize on it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I remember when that female rapper Mysterious spazzed out at that restaurant, this show was the bomb tho I wish they would put this season on Netflix or release the DVD

I completely forgot about her...she could rhyme. Bet Missy could have done something with her....do I have to add a pause there or something?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I remember when that female rapper Mysterious spazzed out at that restaurant, this show was the bomb tho I wish they would put this season on Netflix or release the DVD

People forget this was a huge hit....looking back Puffy & MTV didn't realize what they had. They were the 1st hip hop reality show.

Forgot about that thumb thing....hell now days they would show WORSE!
While the jaxing probably did hurt the image overall it made them memorable & accessible to the audience. Cause most said they would suffer more for a shot like that, and looking at social media they would.

A new making the band with social media now would be crazy.

Last edited:

ron_mexico

Rising Star
Registered
didn't that nigga suck his thumb??

and puffy irreparably damaged their image by hazing them...shit talking and being braggadocios is a rapper's main weapon its hard to talk shit about someone else when some nigga made you walked to brooklyn late at night for cheesecake... :hmm::rolleyes:

I always felt the same way. That whole cheesecake incident was good for tv but a death blow for a rappers career. Getting son'd is not a good look period....but son'd by Mr. Shiny Suit himself is too much to overcome.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just Thought That We Should Let You Know Diddy Is Bringing Back MTV’s Making the Band
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
15-Diddy-Danity-Kane.w330.h330.jpg

Diddy and the ladies of Danity Kane Photo: Scott Gries/Getty Images

You’ve been trying to patch up the wound left by the cancellation of Making the Band since 2009, but it turns out, only Diddy had the first aid kit handy. On Monday, the former maestro of the musical reality show announced his plansto reboot the series for MTV in 2020. After the show was initially conceived by late boy band manger and convicted financial criminal Lou Pearlman, Diddy took the reigns in 2002 and oversaw the formation of Danity Kane, Day26, Da Band, and Donnie Klang. (Perlman oversaw the creation of the group O-Town, and our “Liquid Dreams” were never the same.)

Of course, since the last decade has brought us a social media boom, it’s only fair that everyone on the planet should get a chance at stardom. “It’s not just about America and America’s music. It’s about everybody’s voice,” Diddy said in an Instagram video, encouraging performers to upload their audition videos to #MTBCasting. “So we’re doing a global talent search.” He also promises contestants will have to get him “way better things” then a slice of Junior’s cheesecake, so the new reboot will also finally reveal what’s better than cheesecake — a fun little added bonus.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Making the Band Is Coming Back, and This Time Diddy’s Kids Are in Charge
By Jordan Crucchiola@jorcru
Photo: Gabriel Olsen/FilmMagic

It’s been 11 years since we had a new episode of Making the Band, so naturally it is due for a revival. MTV announced today that the show will return, this time being led by choreographer and producer LaurieAnn Gibson and the sons of Sean “Diddy” Combs.

The young heirs Christian Combs, Quincy Brown, and Justin Dior Combs will join Gibson as judges on the revival, which is kicking off a casting tour this month that will see the new judges (and father Combs himself) making appearances along the way.

The open auditions will take place in Atlanta, Houston, Charlotte, and New York, where there will vocal booths people can perform in.

According to the release, “The first vocal booth will appear in Atlanta and offer hopefuls a music video-style performance to approved audition songs. All submissions can be shared across social platforms and used to submit auditions online.” So if you can make yourself a social media celebrity before casting is even cemented, maybe you can boost your odds as a Band candidate with some of that Twitter heat. (Outsource that market testing, Diddy!) The Houston booth will appear after Atlanta, followed by Charlotte and then New York. Now brace yourselves for the next O-Town or, if we’re very lucky, the next Danity Kane.