Moving to Orlando...

Snkr23

Potential Star
Registered
Any of the fam in Orlando? I'm going to be moving there in the summer and was trying to get a heads up on what areas to look at when moving or what areas to stay away from.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
BGOL Investor
Move close to where you are working. Try to stay somewhere you don't have to be stuck on I-4. I'm a realtor so let me know if you need more detailed advice.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I spend a lot of time in Orlando.

I-4 is a mess all day, every day. Mysterious slow downs that magically disappear are the worse. The advice on living close to where you work it great. The toll roads 417, 407, 528 are expensive, so be prepared to budget for that. Strip clubs suck compared to Miami or Tampa. Younger crowd (pre COVID) hangs out downtown and near UCF. Black people live everywhere, but the Black (majority) communities are west of downtown. I say that to say, you'll see more in the grocery stores/malls west of downtown. Nightlife businesses close at 2am. Rednecks /Trailer trash live east of UCF off State Road 50, so I wouldn't live in areas like Bithlo, Christmas or Wedgefield.

Best mall IMO is Millenia mall, I like that whole area minus the traffic.
Best small college: Valencia
Best university: UCF
Best breakfast spot: KeKes
Best Latin food: Zazas
Best Jamaican food: Singh's Roti
Time killing spots: Universal City Walk, Disney Springs

Good luck.

Snkr23

Potential Star
Registered

I-4 is a mess all day, every day. Mysterious slow downs that magically disappear are the worse. The advice on living close to where you work it great. The toll roads 417, 407, 528 are expensive, so be prepared to budget for that. Strip clubs suck compared to Miami or Tampa. Younger crowd (pre COVID) hangs out downtown and near UCF. Black people live everywhere, but the Black (majority) communities are west of downtown. I say that to say, you'll see more in the grocery stores/malls west of downtown. Nightlife businesses close at 2am. Rednecks /Trailer trash live east of UCF off State Road 50, so I wouldn't live in areas like Bithlo, Christmas or Wedgefield.

Best mall IMO is Millenia mall, I like that whole area minus the traffic.
Best small college: Valencia
Best university: UCF
Best breakfast spot: KeKes
Best Latin food: Zazas
Best Jamaican food: Singh's Roti
Time killing spots: Universal City Walk, Disney Springs

Good luck.

What you know about Winter Park and Baldwin Park area?

Snkr23

Potential Star
Registered
Move close to where you are working. Try to stay somewhere you don't have to be stuck on I-4. I'm a realtor so let me know if you need more detailed advice.

Not sure where im gonna be working yet. I've heard good things about Winter Park and Baldwin Park area.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
What you know about Winter Park and Baldwin Park area?
Winter Park & Balwin Park are upper middle class areas. More trendy shops in Winter Park though, close to the hospitals too. Baldwin Park is an older area that they built new townhouses in the middle of non-HOA type homes, so you could end up living across the street from some shacks. Of the 2, I'd choose Winter Park.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
BGOL Investor
Not sure where im gonna be working yet. I've heard good things about Winter Park and Baldwin Park area.

If you're going to buy a house those are 2 expensive areas. If you're renting, those are 2 expensive areas. Determine where you are going to work an then I can give you some options. If you are going to work from home or not in a single location then your options are open.

Snkr23

Potential Star
Registered
Winter Park & Balwin Park are upper middle class areas. More trendy shops in Winter Park though, close to the hospitals too. Baldwin Park is an older area that they built new townhouses in the middle of non-HOA type homes, so you could end up living across the street from some shacks. Of the 2, I'd choose Winter Park.
If you're going to buy a house those are 2 expensive areas. If you're renting, those are 2 expensive areas. Determine where you are going to work an then I can give you some options. If you are going to work from home or not in a single location then your options are open.

What's the area like? Mixture? I'm coming San Diego where there like 2% black people here and i'm not used to that at all. Then some of the black people here are white washed so that makes it worse. Im originally from Virginia and wanna be back on the east coast closer to family and stuff. Since it's mid/south florida i know theres a bunch of bad dominican, puerto rican, cuban, etc women in Orlando

HellBoy

Platinum Member
What's the area like? Mixture? I'm coming San Diego where there like 2% black people here and i'm not used to that at all. Then some of the black people here are white washed so that makes it worse. Im originally from Virginia and wanna be back on the east coast closer to family and stuff. Since it's mid/south florida i know theres a bunch of bad dominican, puerto rican, cuban, etc women in Orlando
They are both white areas. I posted above where the black people are.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Oh damn I missed it my bad lol. But you'd live in Winter Park so it must be worth it
No, I said winter park of the 2 you asked about. If I'd probably stay in ocoee. Nice, black population there too.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
BGOL Investor

yea Spanish folks are everywhere. Before moving here I never lived somewhere where we aren’t the top minority. It ain’t 2% bad but it’s noticeable. Ocoee was a good suggestion, I lived there. I would recommend it. Winter garden is next to it an slightly more expensive. South of that is Windermere an it’s very expensive. Next to that is the famous Dr Phillips, expensive as well. But coming from Cali all of these places should be similarly priced.

my favorite areas are Windermere/Winter Garden and Lake Nona. I like areas that have a lot of money around.

Snkr23

Potential Star
Registered
yea Spanish folks are everywhere. Before moving here I never lived somewhere where we aren’t the top minority. It ain’t 2% bad but it’s noticeable. Ocoee was a good suggestion, I lived there. I would recommend it. Winter garden is next to it an slightly more expensive. South of that is Windermere an it’s very expensive. Next to that is the famous Dr Phillips, expensive as well. But coming from Cali all of these places should be similarly priced.

my favorite areas are Windermere/Winter Garden and Lake Nona. I like areas that have a lot of money around.

only thing i been seeing in other forums was to stay away from Pine Hills i think it was called

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
818DMHU0ziL.jpg

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

I-4 is a mess all day, every day. Mysterious slow downs that magically disappear are the worse.

it wasn't like that last year. between exit 58 to 68 is all fucked up and it dont' be nothing

HellBoy

Platinum Member
it wasn't like that last year. between exit 58 to 68 is all fucked up and it dont' be nothing
I havent been over that way for about 6 months, but it has always been like that from Millenia Mall headed towards downtown.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
damn lol

just got back yesterday. we are making a decision now on two houses that are currently resort homes in champion's gate/4 corners/davenport florida.
Just curious, what made you choose that area over other areas in Florida? We're leaning to Florida for a winter home and still looking at the different areas e.g., Orlanda, Tampa, Miami, but open to what's best down there.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
[
Condolences? lol

He thinks California is the shit cuz you can pay $5000 a month to rent a 600sqft 1 bedroom. Or you can pay 1.2 million for a 1,200 sqft house and see mountains and a bunch of homeless people downtown or some shit