Movies: Zack Snyder & Warner Bros having “lots of fights” over Justice League & the DCEU

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Zack Snyder and Warner Bros having “lots of fights” over Justice League and the DCEU

reaction-to-second-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer-737594-600x341.jpg

It’s been a rough few months for Zack Snyder and Warner Bros in the lead up and the subsequent release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Despite making $850 million worldwide, the filmwas destroyed by critics and audiences and its looking to be a huge money loss for the studio against its giant production budget and whopping marketing spend. It was reported yesterday that Seth Grahame-Smith had left The Flash production citing creative differences, and a new rumour today suggests there’s more wars going on in the DCEU.

According to Births.Movies.Death, Synder and WB are having “lots of fights” over the direction ofJustice League (which is currently in production in London) and his vision for the rest of the DCEU.

“Sources at WB tell me that this is just one part of what’s going on behind the scenes at the DC movieverse,” the site claims. “Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns were taken aback at critical and audience reaction to Batman v Superman, I’m told, and WB execs have found themselves at odds with Snyder over his vision for Justice League and the DC movieverse going forward. Of course Justice Leaguewas scheduled to start shooting mere days after BvS was released, which meant WB couldn’t take any definitive action – like removing Snyder or delaying the movie to make changes – without poisoning the box office for BvS. The result? Lots of fights between Snyder and the WB execs, and lots of pressure from Burbank on Snyder, who is shooting in London.”

This also comes off the back of reports that James Wan is having some worries about directingAquaman for the studio. Let’s also not forget that Michelle MacClaren left the director’s chair ofWonder Woman over creative differences before being replaced by Patty Jenkins.

However, it should also be noted that BMD haven’t had the best track record as of late with their reports. Although they were correct that Suicide Squad was having reshoots, they said it was to add more humour which David Ayer denied.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/...s-of-fights-over-justice-league-and-the-dceu/

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I really liked "BvS". Though my main issue with it was Superman's demeanor. Instead of being Batman's opposite, he was psychologically no different.

WB needs to understand the legacy of DC's characters. And each of their traits. Not every character is Batman.

Dini and Timm really need to take that film division over.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
they also should have George Miller direct future JL films...was rumored he was going to direct the Green Lantern Corps movie

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they also should have George Miller direct future JL films...was rumored he was going to direct the Green Lantern Corps movie

seems to have been proven just that a rumor...

DC BETTER get on it before Disney does...

Imagine George Miller doing a Secret Wars?

or ROM the Space Knight

or f*ck all the b*llsh*t...

Hulk Planet / World War Hulk

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really liked "BvS". Though my main issue with it was Superman's demeanor. Instead of being Batman's opposite, he was psychologically no different.

WB needs to understand the legacy of DC's characters. And each of their traits. Not every character is Batman.

Kevin Smith said he suggested that to WB already and they told him they do not mix television and movie talent. :smh:

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor

I would of disagreed with this before the BVS movie but, after seeing it I totally agree.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://comicbook.com/2015/09/16/dc-entertainment-boss-explains-why-they-keep-movies-and-tv-separ/

DC Entertainment Boss Explains Why They Keep Movies And TV Separate

Fans of DC Entertainment and its characters have wondered why the company seems intent on keeping its movie and various TV universes separated, especially when Marvel has had so much success with the “it’s all connected” approach.

Speaking to Variety at an industry summit, DC head Diane Nelson explained that they keep these series and universes separate to allow for the greatest possible amount of creative freedom for the talents involved in making them, pointing out that the strategy has allowed for shows like Gotham and Supergirl to have completely different tones.

“We’re so talent driven,” Nelson said, adding that focusing on keeping everything in a single continuity “could end up handcuffing our creators into trying to work with the same storyline or force them to hold back characters or introduce certain characters. Ultimately it hinders the ability for someone like (showrunner) Bruno Heller to come in and create Gotham.”

While Nelson admits that the shared universe approach “has worked beautifully” for Marvel, it did not make sense for DC.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
http://comicbook.com/2015/09/16/dc-entertainment-boss-explains-why-they-keep-movies-and-tv-separ/

DC Entertainment Boss Explains Why They Keep Movies And TV Separate

Fans of DC Entertainment and its characters have wondered why the company seems intent on keeping its movie and various TV universes separated, especially when Marvel has had so much success with the “it’s all connected” approach.

Speaking to Variety at an industry summit, DC head Diane Nelson explained that they keep these series and universes separate to allow for the greatest possible amount of creative freedom for the talents involved in making them, pointing out that the strategy has allowed for shows like Gotham and Supergirl to have completely different tones.

“We’re so talent driven,” Nelson said, adding that focusing on keeping everything in a single continuity “could end up handcuffing our creators into trying to work with the same storyline or force them to hold back characters or introduce certain characters. Ultimately it hinders the ability for someone like (showrunner) Bruno Heller to come in and create Gotham.”

While Nelson admits that the shared universe approach “has worked beautifully” for Marvel, it did not make sense for DC.
Lol
Bullshit

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm so sick of seeing this bullshit. How is $850 million a loss? There is no way in hell anyone budgets to make a over a billion on a movie in it's first release. Only 19 have done it.

$2.78 billion (Directed by James Cameron)

Titanic
$2.18 billion (Also directed by James Cameron)

The Avengers
$1.51 billion

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
$1.34 billion

Frozen
$1.27 billion

Iron Man 3
$1.21 billion

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
$1.12 billion

Lord Of The Rings: The Return of The King
$1.119 billion

Skyfall
$1.108 billion

The Dark Knight Rises
$1.084 billion

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
$1.066 billion

Toy Story 3
$1.063 billion

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
$1.045 billion

Jurassic Park
$1.029 billion

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
$1.027 billion

Alice in Wonderland
$1.025 billion

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
$1.017 billion

Transformers: Age of Extinction
$1.005 billion

The Dark Knight
$1.004 billion

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I'm so sick of seeing this bullshit. How is $850 million a loss? There is no way in hell anyone budgets to make a over a billion on a movie in it's first release. Only 19 have done it.

Titanic

The Avengers
$1.51 billion

$1.34 billion

Frozen
$1.27 billion

Iron Man 3
$1.21 billion

$1.12 billion

$1.119 billion

Skyfall
$1.108 billion

The Dark Knight Rises
$1.084 billion

$1.066 billion

Toy Story 3
$1.063 billion

$1.045 billion

Jurassic Park
$1.029 billion

$1.027 billion

Alice in Wonderland
$1.025 billion

$1.017 billion

$1.005 billion

The Dark Knight
$1.004 billion

Because the cost
Expectations
Competition

The last two avengers movies grossed 1billion+ And cap is expecting at least 1.5

So DC first collective super hero movie was supposed to hit a billion. Then they used two of the biggest comic book characters ever and couldn't get right because the movie was shitty.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Titanic

The Avengers
$1.51 billion

$1.34 billion

Frozen
$1.27 billion

Iron Man 3
$1.21 billion

$1.12 billion

$1.119 billion

Skyfall
$1.108 billion

The Dark Knight Rises
$1.084 billion

$1.066 billion

Toy Story 3
$1.063 billion

$1.045 billion

Jurassic Park
$1.029 billion

$1.027 billion

Alice in Wonderland
$1.025 billion

$1.017 billion

$1.005 billion

The Dark Knight
$1.004 billion

They Spent.... A LOT of money on this movie. A lot.... They needed a Billion just to maintain.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sound odd.
They wanted this movie to make over a billion.
You are bugging! They all want their superhero movies to make a billion.
Every single movie has the potential to make 1 billion dollars.

Titanic

The Avengers
$1.51 billion

$1.34 billion

Frozen
$1.27 billion

Iron Man 3
$1.21 billion

$1.12 billion

$1.119 billion

Skyfall
$1.108 billion

The Dark Knight Rises
$1.084 billion

$1.066 billion

Toy Story 3
$1.063 billion

$1.045 billion

Jurassic Park
$1.029 billion

$1.027 billion

Alice in Wonderland
$1.025 billion

$1.017 billion

$1.005 billion

The Dark Knight
$1.004 billion

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Dude they had Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman in a movie that sucked. That's like when the Lakers got smashed in the finals with Snaq, Kobe, Glove and mailman.

Anything less than a championship is a failure. The movie was supposed to be great. They shouldn't need a 4 hour x rated version to do this. They have set back their timetable and damaged their properties.

People will go to the movies cause they love the characters, but as deadpool proved the suits at the studios are fucking clueless.

Get it together DC

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sound odd.
They wanted this movie to make over a billion.
You are bugging! They all want their superhero movies to make a billion.
Every single movie has the potential to make 1 billion dollars.

Hell I'm sure every movie maker would love to make a billion. But to budget a movie where a billion is your break even sounds stupid. Now the idea that it didn't make as much as they wanted yeah I give you that but needing a billion to break even nope.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
"...and its looking to be a huge money loss for the studio against its giant production budget and whopping marketing spend."

How cats are in here still insisting that train wreck was a success eludes me. There it is in black and white. Actually, homie should have bounced when they announced the casting. What a bunch of hacks. Although there's certainly enough blame to go around.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This.

"...and its looking to be a huge money loss for the studio against its giant production budget and whopping marketing spend."

How cats are in here still insisting that train wreck was a success eludes me. There it is in black and white. Actually, homie should have bounced when they announced the casting. What a bunch of hacks. Although there's certainly enough blame to go around.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered

Fam the casting didn't kill that movie.

The script did.

They had LEGIONS of great writers who knew the universe who would have done that movie for scale just to say they wrote on it and they came up with THAT turd?

As far as building the universe you introduce "doomsday" and then kill Superman??? Where do you go from there?

WHY did superman have to PHYSICALLY fight Batman? Superman is fucking superman, I'm not trying to get into a physical..

Man let me just stop. The more I think about it the more pist I become.

It's like they found a way to sell uncut cocaine at a loss....

At a Wallstreet hedge fund party....

Sponsored by prostitutes...

*two cents *

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Titanic

The Avengers
$1.51 billion

$1.34 billion

Frozen
$1.27 billion

Iron Man 3
$1.21 billion

$1.12 billion

$1.119 billion

Skyfall
$1.108 billion

The Dark Knight Rises
$1.084 billion

$1.066 billion

Toy Story 3
$1.063 billion

$1.045 billion

Jurassic Park
$1.029 billion

$1.027 billion

Alice in Wonderland
$1.025 billion

$1.017 billion

$1.005 billion

The Dark Knight
$1.004 billion

Wow. I never realized TDKR outperformed TDK.

I actually liked BvS, but I don't understand WB handed the reigns to the Justice League to Zack Snyder after the mixed reaction to Man of Steel.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
I'm a LONNNNNNNNNNNG time fan of both movies. Both franchises. At the end of the day it comes down to a superhero show down for me. That's what i came to see. I don't come for no oscar winning plots or anything else. It was a good movie to me. And it was fun. I liked it. I don't care how much it made. How much it was expected to make. It was fun.

Anything else people just wanna bitch about dumb shit. DC fails in their movie making because they try to overcomplicate the shit. The don't stay true to the characters or the story already put there. It's comic books. It's simple already.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I'm a LONNNNNNNNNNNG time fan of both movies. Both franchises. At the end of the day it comes down to a superhero show down for me. That's what i came to see. I don't come for no oscar winning plots or anything else. It was a good movie to me. And it was fun. I liked it. I don't care how much it made. How much it was expected to make. It was fun.

Anything else people just wanna bitch about dumb shit. DC fails in their movie making because they try to overcomplicate the shit. The don't stay true to the characters or the story already put there. It's comic books. It's simple already.

Which one of the people that share this screen name wrote this? Get off the trollercoaster, this script and fight scene was ass.

Maybe you thought Pacific rim was great movie making too.

DC needs repeat veiwings, I have a copy of this movie now and I don't watch it, but I've watched deadpool at least 3 times since I saw it in the theater. Much better movie

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Which one of the people that share this screen name wrote this? Get off the trollercoaster, this script and fight scene was ass.

Maybe you thought Pacific rim was great movie making too.

DC needs repeat veiwings, I have a copy of this movie now and I don't watch it, but I've watched deadpool at least 3 times since I saw it in the theater. Much better movie
Me. And yeah i thought Pacific Rim was a cool fun movie. Maybe Deadpool was more to your taste. Alot of movies aren't supposed to be brain teasers with some deep emotional impact. Deep meaning to some shit. It's just there for you to turn off your analytics and have fun. Watch your kids have fun. You don't. I do. Why you felt the need to insult? We've never had a problem.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
We don't have a problem, but the person that broke down all that x-men shit and how cyclops handled shit seems to me to be at odds with liking this movie. And I wouldn't take any young children to see this depressing as "Superman" movie. Whoever was in this movie wasn't Bruce or Clark help me Martha.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Me. And yeah i thought Pacific Rim was a cool fun movie. Maybe Deadpool was more to your taste. Alot of movies aren't supposed to be brain teasers with some deep emotional impact. Deep meaning to some shit. It's just there for you to turn off your analytics and have fun. Watch your kids have fun. You don't. I do. Why you felt the need to insult? We've never had a problem.
when somebody gives u the ability to showcase ali vs tyson you're suppose to knock it out the box..that fight suppose to sell itself and ur suppose to make record numbers...if u get the golden key and somehow sell less than a klitschko fight people will question ur ability to handle bizzness and ask for you to be removed from your position... dudes really underperformed in every aspect and in bizzness this is very big... u could love the fight but if numbers don't come out the way investors and behind the scenes dudes like everything can go downhill as far as jobs and planned future events

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Fam the casting didn't kill that movie.

The script did.

They had LEGIONS of great writers who knew the universe who would have done that movie for scale just to say they wrote on it and they came up with THAT turd?

As far as building the universe you introduce "doomsday" and then kill Superman??? Where do you go from there?

WHY did superman have to PHYSICALLY fight Batman? Superman is fucking superman, I'm not trying to get into a physical..

Man let me just stop. The more I think about it the more pist I become.

*two cents *

If you'll notice I said there's plenty of blame to go around. In earlier posts I mentioned the entire production being sub-par. idk maybe the SFX and the cameras were okay but the actors, writers, casting, director and producers were absolutely hideous. I tries to make the point a while ago that supes and bats aren't just comic characters, they're icons. You go anywhere in the world and they know who superman is. He's in the freakin dictionary. And everybody knows what his powers are. Krypton is in the dictionary for goodness sake. That limits the directions you can take him. In the comics they had bizzarro world and all that shit because once you have an indestructible man your options are limited. When they killed him it was a major, major mistake. It just goes to show you have to find other ways to present him. Presenting him as a badass doesn't work because everybody knows he's a goody-two-shoes. The most successful iterations have included a healthy dose of comedy. They should have stayed in their lane. Bats is the dark anti-hero. Let him handle that shit. If they had to fight, find another way. Not a fucking fist fight. jeez. So there you go, your point about the writers. They also could have found a hot WW while they were at it. I mean, gal godot as WW is like watching a 2x4. Except the 2x4 has more range. She's not attractive or sexy. And she ain't got no tits! WW ALWAYS got tits mane. I could go on but you get the picture. Combined, the biggest mistake made was trying to get us to suspend belief twice. We enter the theatre already knowing we're gonna be watching a fantasy. But then you expect us to believe that batman can actually throw down with supes? Really? Unimaginable. And so the bubble bursts because there has to be some element of reality. Don't let me get started on jesse eisenberg. gawd.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
If you'll notice I said there's plenty of blame to go around. In earlier posts I mentioned the entire production being sub-par. idk maybe the SFX and the cameras were okay but the actors, writers, casting, director and producers were absolutely hideous. I tries to make the point a while ago that supes and bats aren't just comic characters, they're icons. You go anywhere in the world and they know who superman is. He's in the freakin dictionary. And everybody knows what his powers are. Krypton is in the dictionary for goodness sake. That limits the directions you can take him. In the comics they had bizzarro world and all that shit because once you have an indestructible man your options are limited. When they killed him it was a major, major mistake. It just goes to show you have to find other ways to present him. Presenting him as a badass doesn't work because everybody knows he's a goody-two-shoes. The most successful iterations have included a healthy dose of comedy. They should have stayed in their lane. Bats is the dark anti-hero. Let him handle that shit. If they had to fight, find another way. Not a fucking fist fight. jeez. So there you go, your point about the writers. They also could have found a hot WW while they were at it. I mean, gal godot as WW is like watching a 2x4. Except the 2x4 has more range. She's not attractive or sexy. And she ain't got no tits! WW ALWAYS got tits mane. I could go on but you get the picture. Combined, the biggest mistake made was trying to get us to suspend belief twice. We enter the theatre already knowing we're gonna be watching a fantasy. But then you expect us to believe that batman can actually throw down with supes? Really? Unimaginable. And so the bubble bursts because there has to be some element of reality. Don't let me get started on jesse eisenberg. gawd.

And on the subject of the comics looks like they about to kill Superman yet AGAIN in that whole "Rebirth" thing :rolleyes:

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't the director for Flash already quit? Now they saying Wan stepping away from Aquaman. Man you can just see mufuckas jumping off this sinking ship.

And that bullshit excuse they have for not mixing tv and movie talent is why they gone keep fucking up until they go back to the drawing board.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Didn't the director for Flash already quit? Now they saying Wan stepping away from Aquaman. Man you can just see mufuckas jumping off this sinking ship.

And that bullshit excuse they have for not mixing tv and movie talent is why they gone keep fucking up until they go back to the drawing board.

which they most surely will after the Flash and Aquaman movies flop regardless of who the replacement directors are..

Cyborg movie might go straight to DVD :lol: