MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

CognacLex

Support BGOL
Registered
I always dug this flick. Came out in '05 I think

405px-History_of_violence.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Shit was good, But I made sure I watched that shit during the day...:lol::lol::lol:, I Don't Fuck With Spielberg that Bastid looks CraJy, But he always got some nice films, I'm waiting to go cop another couple of joints, :dunno: the name but It's got Sam J in it... There's others, but I never really pay attn to the names I just QQ for certain actors, I wanna peep the new Will S... shit, and that new joint with Morgan Freeman, But fuck going to the Theaters and the Bootlegs are always fucked up unless u can get a good screener, Nah Mean And my man who worked at the Theater who dropped CraJy screeners on me, But he moved, So i'm ass out right now...But I'm waiting on that Kung Fu Panda, dying to watch that shit on my Big Screen in H.D. with my kids on surround sound...:jackoff::jackoff::jackoff:, But I know it's going to be a min for that...

Yeah. I ended up watching The Mist with my brother at like 11pm. I hadn't slept much during the day (after a nightshift the day prior) so I faded out around 3/4 the way through the film.

The new Morgan Freeman flick ... you mean that upcoming one WANTED (which also features Angelina Jolie and others)? That shit looks kinda hot, no doubt.

I've been hearing good things about Kung-Fu Panda.

I'm gonna check out that SHARKWATER documentary in a minute here. Gotta lend it to a fam' member of mine tomorrow morning.

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
i wouldn't recommend em otherwise

cashback is about a cat that has a bad breakup and gets insomnia. he gets a job at a grocery store to do something useful with his time and hilarity ensues. it doesn't sound exciting the way i describe it but i don't want to give away anything. you'll have to trust me.

every black man should see traci townsend. it's about one of those "gotta have it all" sista who looks back on her life and wonders why nobody married her. black women will hate it and feel depressed while watching it but black men will laugh the whole time.

Cashback was the shit.

I downloaded TT last night. All I could do was shake my head. It was good to see Mari Morrow (I'd put the "Quadigree" on her something fierce).

I recommend I'm Through with White Girls (The Inevitable Undoing of Jay Brooks).

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
In Bruges

Redbelt- The ending did leave something to be desired but Chiwetel Ejiofor was good in it.

Rodger Dodger

Sunshine

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
Excellent documentary about the fighters, the turbulent times and the eventual slugfest. Came out in '03 but I only caught up with it recently.

The-Last-Round-Chuvalo-Vs-Ali.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Cashback was the shit.

I downloaded TT last night. All I could do was shake my head. It was good to see Mari Morrow (I'd put the "Quadigree" on her something fierce).

I recommend I'm Through with White Girls (The Inevitable Undoing of Jay Brooks).

I'm pretty much unfamiliar with all them joints. Thanks for the heads-up on them, D Mon'.

In Bruges

Redbelt- The ending did leave something to be desired but Chiwetel Ejiofor was good in it.

Rodger Dodger

Sunshine

Props. I heard/read alot of good reviews for Colin Farrell's flick you mentioned up top.

How was Rodger Dodger? I wanted to check that flick out a handful of years ago. I'm a fan of Jesse Eisenberg. Believable young actor (his kid sister is the shorty from many years back who played the cute girl in all the PEPSI ad campaigns and shit).

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Charlie Wilsons War was really good.

They watched it at work the other day.

I didn't get a chance to check it out.

I picked up THE DARJEELING LIMITED the other day. Gonna check that out (and pick up one last free rental with the Blockbuster coupon expiring tomorrow) ... tomorrow afternoon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838221/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darjeeling_Limited
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thedarjeelinglimited/trailerb/
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thedarjeelinglimited/
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/

darjeeling-limited-poster.jpg

Darjeeling.jpg

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched some of these movies you guys mentioned and would like to hear more.

My opinion on some:

Mist :yes:

Lars and the real girl :yes:

Boondock Saints :smh:

Michael Clayton :yes:

Brick :smh::smh: I only lasted like for 10 min of this movie

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
How was Rodger Dodger? I wanted to check that flick out a handful of years ago. I'm a fan of Jesse Eisenberg. Believable young actor (his kid sister is the shorty from many years back who played the cute girl in all the PEPSI ad campaigns and shit).

Roger Dodger is good. Eisenberg is believable as an awkward teenager who wants to learn about women and Campbell Scott is always good when he's playing an asshole. Personally I like the way his character is willing to be a complete jerk in order to help out his nephew. You'll know the scene when you see it.

I watched some of these movies you guys mentioned and would like to hear more.

My opinion on some:

Brick :smh::smh: I only lasted like for 10 min of this movie

Sounds like you didn't even make it to Meagan Good in that movie. It's different but I enjoyed it.

The Lookout :yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Roger Dodger is good. Eisenberg is believable as an awkward teenager who wants to learn about women and Campbell Scott is always good when he's playing an asshole. Personally I like the way his character is willing to be a complete jerk in order to help out his nephew. You'll know the scene when you see it.

Thanks for the feedback. It's definitely one I'ma check out eventually.

I still haven't gotten around to THERE WILL BE BLOOD as of yet. It was due this morning ... but I've been gassed the past week. Schedule's a bit awry. Tired like a muthafucka. Tried to watch it on Saturday ... but knew I couldn't do it justice 'cuz I was fading out too much. Gonna watch it tonight or tomorrow.

CarryOn

Star
Registered
2bcwt4.jpg

This movie right here was decent, I think ive seen most crime dramas out this year and its kinda hard to find any I havent seen. Dont mean to take away from your thread but if anybody could suggest any unknown recent flicks it would be much appreciated.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Dont mean to take away from your thread but if anybody could suggest any unknown recent flicks it would be much appreciated.

It's all good, man. I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. What genres are you most into?

Finally watched it last night. Great. Daniel Day Lewis is one of the greatest actors of the past 2 + decades. The man knows his craft. He did an excellent job as 'Daniel Plainview' in the film. When he plays a role ... he puts his all into it. My Left Foot / The Last of the Mohicans / Gangs of New York / There Will Be Blood, etc. Big ups to the man on his awards over the years.

And here's a nice short clip of Eva Mendes from We Own The Night. Good film. Caught it with my brother a month ago on dvd. Mark Wahlberg / Robert Duvall / Eva Mendes / Joaquin Phoenix. Good shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Own_the_Night
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498399/

we_own_the_night_poster.jpg

hefestus said:

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Had a couple of hours of downtime in New York a few weeks ago and caught Mongol...
mongol-poster-big.jpg

Helluva movie with a great cast and a lot of action. I love historical action dramas. This looks like the first in a series about the boy who became Genghis Khan...

It's all good, man. I can't think of any off the top of my head right now. What genres are you most into?

Finally watched it last night. Great. Daniel Day Lewis is one of the greatest actors of the past 2 + decades. The man knows his craft. He did an excellent job as 'Daniel Plainview' in the film. When he plays a role ... he puts his all into it. My Left Foot / The Last of the Mohicans / Gangs of New York / There Will Be Blood, etc. Big ups to the man on his awards over the years.

And here's a nice short clip of Eva Mendes from We Own The Night. Good film. Caught it with my brother a month ago on dvd. Mark Wahlberg / Robert Duvall / Eva Mendes / Joaquin Phoenix. Good shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Own_the_Night
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498399/

we_own_the_night_poster.jpg

Outside of that opening scene :)eek:) We Own The Night was a big disappointment...

I was also disappointed with There Will Be Blood, but that was prolly cuz I had no idea what it was about, and the title through me off...

tino

Potential Star
Registered
Had a couple of hours of downtime in New York a few weeks ago and caught Mongol...
mongol-poster-big.jpg

Helluva movie with a great cast and a lot of action. I love historical action dramas. This looks like the first in a series about the boy who became Genghis Khan...

wanted to see it but only showed for li period here in uk :hmm:

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
2bcwt4.jpg

This movie right here was decent, I think ive seen most crime dramas out this year and its kinda hard to find any I havent seen. Dont mean to take away from your thread but if anybody could suggest any unknown recent flicks it would be much appreciated.

I checked this movie out the other day... It's pretty good

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
The H'wood board is going through a little slump right now...I may have to buy some DVDs this weekend... :yes: ...still waiting for good copies of Iron Man and the Hulk to DL...

Chitown2ATown

Potential Star
Registered

THIS WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!! I was surprised at Justin Timberlake's acting skills too.

But I felt so bad for the little boy for real. I mean he as good dude and he knew karate. If he really knew he were in trouble, he would've been beat dude's ass and ran away. But he thought they were his friends. Everytime I watch the shit even though you know what's gonna happen cause it's a true story, I hope they have an alternate ending.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
dont think alot of people liked this but i thought it wuz pretty good...

end_of_days_2.jpg

end_of_days_ver2.jpg