MOVIES ~ Any of ya'll seen any good (or shitty) movies in recent weeks/months? Post reviews, feedback, movie news, trailers, recommendations, etc ...

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Since we are showing some older movies.

Gone Baby Gone was a good movie. I'm not a fan of Affleck so I didnt care at first but half way through I was hooked.

Running Scared, (not the Gregory Hines one) This movie caught me off guard. This movie is all over the place, and if you blink to much you will be lots but it all connects. There will be a few wait, what. Hold up, what the, yo did they really. I had my office watch it, they came in after the weekend shaking their heads, we will talk at lunch time. Crazy ride.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Since we are showing some older movies.

Gone Baby Gone was a good movie. I'm not a fan of Affleck so I didnt care at first but half way through I was hooked.

Yeah - it's a very good movie. Watched it on dvd years back, and bought the dvd at Goodwill for a $1 or 2 after the fact. That opening scene really sets the tone for the whole flick ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Running Scared, (not the Gregory Hines one) This movie caught me off guard. This movie is all over the place, and if you blink to much you will be lots but it all connects. There will be a few wait, what. Hold up, what the, yo did they really. I had my office watch it, they came in after the weekend shaking their we will talk at lunch time. Crazy ride.

:roflmao3::cheers:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

700Busan.jpg

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The assignment(Netflix)

Saw this last night, and I thought this was good. There is a twist that happens a quarter way into the movie. That is fuck up, but it make sense for the plot of the movie. And I would recommend this movie.

Advantageous(Netflix)

This movie is not as good as the trailer makes it out to be. I would only recommend this, if you only want to view something to past some time.

.68 kill(Netflix)

This crazy ass shit was all over the place, but in a good way. I would recommend this movie.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Checked out Waves a few days ago & really enjoyed it. Plenty of visually stunning shots the way it's filmed. Especially with all the outdoor lighting.

Waves is a 2019 American drama film written and directed by Trey Edward Shults. It stars Kelvin Harrison Jr., Lucas Hedges, Taylor Russell, Alexa Demie, Renée Elise Goldsberry, and Sterling K. Brown. Set against the vibrant landscape of South Florida, it traces the emotional journey of a suburban family as they navigate love, forgiveness and coming together in the aftermath of a loss.

It had its world premiere at the Telluride Film Festival on August 30, 2019, and was released in the United States on November 15, 2019, by A24. It received positive reviews from critics, who praised the performances (particularly that of Harrison, Russell, and Brown), cinematography, and Shults' direction.

Principal photography began on July 9, 2018 in Broward County, Florida.[5]

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On the level of Surviving the Game or The Most Dangerous Game......not really

PRAISE: Labeled as just a movie in which liberal elites hunted down and killed Republicans the film received a lot of backlash at screenings even the Prez weighed in and this sat on a shelf for a year.
Worth the wait?......Betty Gilpin is great as a hunted or is she hunting?...military veteran laser focused on whatever route she's going down.Hilary Swank was also good as a corporate shark.
There's a who's who of celebrities who couple themselves with good kills and some unique fights.
The absolute SATIRE worked for me most of the time

PROBLEMS:I was never fully engaged.Even when i was having fun with it something just said to me:wow i dont really care about any of these characters...but was that the point...to show we take the good and the bad and we are all a mixture of both?
not sure...but just a forgettable but fun romp

Scale of 1-10 a 6......i enjoyed Hard Target MORE than this.......LOL

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He never died(Netflix)

Saw this last night, and I thought this was great. I remember trying to watch this awhile ago and stopping it, but im glad that I took the time to watch this.

Miami Showband Massacre(Netflix)

I have never heard about this happening, so I decided to watch this documentary.

The Vampire assistant

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Black and Preveiledged Netflix
No Trailer available

I like when characters break the fourth wall with a message. But other than that the movie is trash.

The bleeding edge Netflix

Great documentary. I would recommend watching this.

Voyeur Netflix

This is another interesting and good documentary. The ending had me LMAO.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Little

It was either fate or Jehovah God that kept me away from this movie for a long time !!

PRAISE: A handful of funny and charming moments.

PROBLEMS: I have never seen a group of actors with less chemistry.Horrible acting.Painfully unfunny,grating and obnoxious moments coupled with horrible dialogue,stiff moments and ear drum piercing singing.

Scale of 1-10 a 2

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyone have any favorite TV / movie-themed podcasts? If so, please feel free to list them. I'll add a list of some personal faves in a few minutes ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Podcast recommendations (from over the years) for MOVIE / TV fans ...

- The Big Picture
- The Watch
- The Couch Potatoes
- Slash Film Daily
- Behind the Screen (The Hollywood Reporter)
- The /Filmcast (AKA The Slashfilmcast)
- Zoo Town (a Briarpatch recap)
- EW's Best of Shows
- Bald Move Prestige
- Comedy Film Nerds
- We Just Saw a Movie
- The Entertainment Buffet Podcast
- It Happened in Hollywood (The Hollywood Reporter)
- The Obsessive Viewer
- I Only Like You and Movies
- Pop Culture Happy Hour
- Movies You Should See
- TV's Top 5
- Mad About Movies
- TV Ate My Brain
- The Rewatchables
- The Recappables
- We Hate Movies
- Monday Movie Munchie Madness

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

EPIX Available for Free Through Apple TV Channels Until May 2, No Subscription Required
Saturday April 4, 2020 9:28 am PDT by Frank McShan
EPIX is currently offering free access to its catalog of movies and TV shows through the Apple TV Channels feature in the TV app, and many additional services are also offering extended free trials.

Upon navigating to the ‌Apple TV‌ app, users will notice that EPIX is listed under the "My Channels" section. Rather than offering an extended trial where users must first sign up, EPIX is currently providing completely free access with no subscription needed until May 2nd.
In addition to the free content from EPIX, many other ‌Apple TV‌ Channel options have extended free trials available for new subscribers, such as ShowTime, A&E, Smithsonian, and more. Showtime, for example, is currently offering an extended one-month free trial before its $10.99/month subscription fee.

‌‌Apple TV‌ Channels are available through the ‌‌Apple TV‌‌ app on iPhone, iPad, ‌‌Apple TV‌‌, Macs, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and select smart TVs from Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Saw this documentary yesterday. It was on one of those movie channel free previews, so been scanning ahead on the menu guide (they have 3 - 4 different channels) & DVR'ing stuff here and there in the week ahead. If you liked the original Super Size Me doc', you'll dig this one too. Interesting watching Spurlock explain the "Big Chicken" comparisons to Big Pharma. The branding / rebranding tactics ... farmers explaining their battles, etc. Found the advertising / marketing portion interesting too, as those 2 guys broke it down quite well.

!

Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken! is a 2017 American documentary film directed by Morgan Spurlock. A sequel to the 2004 film Super Size Me, it explores the ways in which the fast food industry has rebranded itself as healthier since his original film through the process of Spurlock working to open his own fast-food restaurant, thus exposing some of the ways in which that rebranding is more perception than reality.[2]

At the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival, where it premiered on September 8, 2017, the film was second runner-up for the People's Choice Award for Documentaries.[3][2] Following its premiere, YouTube announced they had purchased distribution rights to the film to stream on YouTube Red for $3.5 million.[4] In December 2017, YouTube Red temporarily dropped the film after Spurlock admitted to previous instances of sexual misconduct and harassment.[5] The production company Warrior Poets also announced that the film was being pulled from the 2018 Sundance Film Festival.[5] Samuel Goldwyn Films released the film in theaters on September 6, 2019, and released it on VOD a week later.[1] It would also later be restored on YouTube as part of the new YouTube Movies service along with its predecessor under the "Free To Watch" category.

large_chicken-poster.jpg
Super_Size_Me_2_-_Holy_Chicken%21.png

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
3022 Netflix

I saw this last night and this a good Sci-fi movie. The only critique i would give this movie is that after the climax of the story. The movie just ends, just like another Netflix movie How it ends.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend