Movies: 2023 Oscar (Academy Awards) nominations announced: See the full list

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Glad for everything everywhere all at once, had been waiting on that movie since I was first blown away by that bizarre trailer, checked it out and was blown away again by such a great, weird, deep and thoughtful movie. It was right up my alley but I never thought that it would have gained traction for the Oscars, thought it was too much for the average MCU Stan that makes up the current movie viewing population these days but as more people watched it I rarely saw someone who has a negative word to say about it and then it started sweeping award shows. Gives me a little hope for the shitty human race :giggle:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they did him dirty now they all want to kiss his ass again
spielberg harisson lucas etc,

happy for micheal yeao tho she been grinding

His constant positivity is refreshing as f*ck

He showed that being an asshole ain't the only way to win.

He thanked his mom brother wife and day ones.

I like the good guys winning.

He looking younger fresher and more free than all them.

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
His constant positivity is refreshing as f*ck

He showed that bring an asshole ain't the only way to win.

He thanked his mom brother wife and day ones.

I like the good guys winning.

He looking younger fresher and more free than all them.
true it would have killed him holding grduge
i just hate the fake love
without streaming service this would never happen
also to be real he still in the movie business
so him going at them wouldnt be in his best interest
cause he was working behind the scenes til this movie

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
true it would have killed him holding grduge
i just hate the fake love
without streaming service this would never happen
also to be real he still in the movie business
so him going at them wouldnt be in his best interest
cause he was working behind the scenes til this movie

I hear ALL that.

But for once... I'm gonna believe in the good.

I'm not gonna be cynical or bitter about this story.

It's crazy that man's journey cause much like the message in the movie we choose our path. Our decisions success failure it's all part of us and also effects others.

We have so few like this. I believe Chadwick had that same energy.

Be positive believe in yourself keep your circle tight. Don't celebrate envy pettiness and hate. Work hard grind hard. Don't measure your own personal happiness and success against others. Make your own happiness. Embrace immigrant hustle gene. And be good to others.

I see all that in him.

I want THAT to be the take away.

Cause he was already a winner before this. And now he won more Oscar's on one night than any of them other dudes ever did.

2 dudes who were in Encino Man just won Oscar's. Just by NOT being Hollywood assholes.

Nuff said.

keone

International Member
I hear ALL that.

But for once... I'm gonna believe in the good.

I'm not gonna be cynical or bitter about this story.

It's crazy that man's journey cause much like the message in the movie we choose our path. Our decisions success failure it's all part of us and also effects others.

We have so few like this. I believe Chadwick had that same energy.

Be positive believe in yourself keep your circle tight. Don't celebrate envy pettiness and hate. Work hard grind hard. Don't measure your own personal happiness and success against others. Make your own happiness. Embrace immigrant hustle gene. And be good to others.

I see all that in him.

I want THAT to be the take away.

Cause he was already a winner before this. And now he won more Oscar's on one night than any of them other dudes ever did.

2 dudes who were in Encino Man just won Oscar's. Just by NOT being Hollywood assholes.

Nuff said.
him feeling some type of way wouldnt make him bad person
his wife and fam helped him cause he was def feleling type of way
he just had a good support system
but i get what you are saying and i agree
but he was def pissed off

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
him feeling some type of way wouldnt make him bad person
his wife and fam helped him cause he was def feleling type of way
he just had a good support system
but i get what you are saying and i agree
but he was def pissed off

He ain't EVER show nothing about being pissed off

Bro don't be projecting your cutthroat mentality on that man

You got damn assassin

Let that man be. He a good guy. Let's just leave it there.

Damn keone.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
basset wasnt going to win 1 she black
and 2 its for a comic movie
I can’t say if she should’ve won or not because I didn’t see those other movies but her performance got such rave reviews I think she could’ve even if it was a comic movie.

keone

International Member
He ain't EVER show nothing about being pissed off

Bro don't be projecting your cutthroat mentality on that man

You got damn assassin

Let that man be. He a good guy. Let's just leave it there.

Damn keone.
nah read between the lines when he was talking
he didnt out right say it but he kept saying all his peers was wroking but him
couldnt understand it so he had to go to movie school and started working behind the scenes
he was pissed everbody would be lol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
nah read between the lines when he was talking
he didnt out right say it but he kept saying all his peers was wroking but him
couldnt understand it so he had to go to movie school and started working behind the scenes
he was pissed everbody would be lol

Ke? Stop it.

That's all you bro.

Keep your john wick sh*t away from this sunshine.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you are in Los Angeles do yourself a favor and visit the Academy of Arts and Sciences Museum. When I went they had a Spike Lee exhibit along with some other Black film exhibits. For you car enthusiasts there also the Peterson Auto Museum across the street.

rpbw_academy_museum_v3_0.jpg
Adding this to my list of places to go.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is some incredible sh*t.

Love to see it.

Like I said 2 dudes from Encino man won Oscar's

Anything is possible especially if your not an asshole.
Shit the damn guy was Encino Man too shit this wild as hell. Just saw Fraser won best actor…Encino Man better rerelease and add those Oscar Winner titles to their name in the commercials lol.

keone

International Member
I can’t say if she should’ve won or not because I didn’t see those other movies but her performance got such rave reviews I think she could’ve even if it was a comic movie.
hollywood is against comic movies
she was better than JLC 100 times and still lost

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Watch Hugh Grant's very awkward Oscars red carpet interview with Ashley Graham

Four Weddings and a Funeral star had little to say on the subject of what he was wearing, his appearance in Glass Onion or anything else.
By EW StaffMarch 12, 2023 at 10:09 PM EDT

On the Oscars red carpet, Ashley Graham was just a girl, standing in front of a boy, trying to get Hugh Grant to say anything at all.
Grant rose in fame playing awkward English gents in beloved rom-coms Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill. On Sunday, the actor brought some of that flavor to the Academy Awards while being interviewed by during ABC's On the Red Carpet Live show.

Ashley Graham and Hugh Grant on the red carpet of the 2023 Oscars

| CREDIT: ABC
When Graham asked the Oscars presenter to name his favorite thing about coming to the Academy Awards the actor seemed stumped before eventually replying, "It's fascinating, the whole of humanity is here, it's Vanity Fair." Grant, who studied English literature at Oxford University, was likely referring to William Thackeray's nineteenth-century novel Vanity Fair. Graham clearly thought the actor was talking about the Oscar party-hosting magazine of the same name and responded, "Oh, it's all about Vanity Fair, that's where we let loose and have a little bit of fun."

Matters deteriorated sharply from that point on. When Graham asked if he was excited to see anybody win, Grant replied, "No one in particular." When she requested to know what he was wearing, the actor responded, "Just my suit," subsequently claiming that it was made by "my tailor." And when Graham threw her interviewee the ultimate low-ball query of "What was it like to be in Glass Onion?" Grant informed her, "Well, I'm barely in it. I'm in it for about three seconds." Finally, a desperate Graham followed-up with "But, still, you showed up and you had fun, right?" Grant responded, "Uh, almost." It was then that Graham decided to draw a close on the whole stilted shebang.
Watch the exchange in the tweet below.

The 95th Academy Awards are airing live Sunday night from the Dolby Theatre at Ovation Hollywood in Los Angeles. Check out the full list of winners.

I thought she handled it well, dude was just being an ass.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol:im too lazy to dig up old interviews were he says it
also:hmm:

Bro that man trying to bring peace love and soul

You talking about how you got a particular set of skills and sh*t

We got love for you bro, settle down put down the banger

Good things CAN happen to good people

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hollywood is against comic movies
she was better than JLC 100 times and still lost
JLC was in a critic darling throughly. They been hyping that up.
Oscars are typically rewarding to comic movies with tragedy surrounding it like Heath. Angela essentially took lead(I know it’s supporting) in a movie missing its biggest star in Chadwick. It was set up for her to win. She won awards int he way. Just ran into a juggernaut and media darling.

keone

International Member
JLC was in a critic darling throughly. They been hyping that up.
Oscars are typically rewarding to comic movies with tragedy surrounding it like Heath. Angela essentially took lead(I know it’s supporting) in a movie missing its biggest star in Chadwick. It was set up for her to win. She won awards int he way. Just ran into a juggernaut and media darling.
u basically answered the why
u have to die first
there is a reason the biggest producers are talking against comicbook movies
they hating but it is what it is
all politics
they are sending a message u wanna win?
dont do this.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everybody talking about Jamie Lee Curtis and Angela Bassett and who mad who at who. The one who should be mad is Tom Cruise. Every award should have gone to Tom Cruise including best actress because he saved the movie business.