dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lee bout to lose again or they burying Kross. Lose lose either way

That was such a stupid match. Someone really doesn't like NXT on Raw....to even book that match....both coming off loses...one was going to get even more buried than they already were...either way its not a good look for the NXT champion to be losing to Hardy one week and the next be struggling to beat Keith Lee who they clearly burying.....shit is retarded.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If it's legal...i can understand

If it's personal...i can understand

but i just wish he briefly spoke about it earlier and then just said that he'll speak more about it once things are settled.

Bruh out here teasing shit like a chick....

At this point I could care less what it is but it better be something huge to be teasing it like this......

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
I think it was a combination of all that shit. Keith getting Covid, Mia getting it while they were both on TV, the battle for his name, the weak booking, Vince not understanding why the NXT people were over in NXT because he doesn't watch it, stripping down his character, making him go back to training, medical not clearing him for months, etc.

I'm starting to think Vince sabotages the NXT call ups on purpose, not only because they lost the battle to AEW, but I think Vince has animosity towards HHH because people keep talking about wanting HHH to take over and Vince to step down.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it was a combination of all that shit. Keith getting Covid, Mia getting it while they were both on TV, the battle for his name, the weak booking, Vince not understanding why the NXT people were over in NXT because he doesn't watch it, stripping down his character, making him go back to training, medical not clearing him for months, etc.

I'm starting to think Vince sabotages the NXT call ups on purpose, not only because they lost the battle to AEW, but I think Vince has animosity towards HHH because people keep talking about wanting HHH to take over and Vince to step down.
I've heard people suggest his but why? Who's forcing Vince to put NXT on the main roster? Is it Stephanie?

I guess that scenario could be a issue....tired of people wanting Hunter to take over.....

Vince is so out of touch man and that's the worst thing for a billionaire owner to be.......its why Blockbuster is out of business right now.....if he's not careful........

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1552432482523024da_cfake.jpg

It's a fake I found for shit and giggles. On the real they would make a great tag team.
The faction I suggested awhile back was a BlkQueen collective they could where the Chess piece as the name plate and on their gear
The female version of the four horsemen
Sasha Banks = Ric Flair
Bianca Belair = Lex Luger
Naomi/Ember = Arn and Tully

I know Ole was an orignal Horseman and Barry Windham but the best version was when they had Luger

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What if that shit was NWO 2.0 all of the NXT Call up form a faction led by Triple H for Survivor Series on both Brands. People like Rhea and Bianca being striped of the Tile will have to choose while those who were pushed like Toni and Finn and Omos are team their Brand. It could be like a NXT Alumni Civil War

ScottyPiffen745

Registered
I've heard people suggest his but why? Who's forcing Vince to put NXT on the main roster? Is it Stephanie?

I guess that scenario could be a issue....tired of people wanting Hunter to take over.....

Vince is so out of touch man and that's the worst thing for a billionaire owner to be.......its why Blockbuster is out of business right now.....if he's not careful........

I think Vince sees NXT as his little brother's toy box. Like I think he only goes to NXT when he wants some new toys to play with.

He'll stop by and every now and then and be like "what you got there, Hunter? You got any blondes? Rhea Ripley? I'll take her. Any big guys? Keith Lee? Ok, I'll take him. Let me get a tag team of women, too. Shotzi? Shotzi's the one with the tank, right? Ok. And Ember Moon? Nah. She got another tag partner? Teagan Nox? That'll work."

Like he pick and choose who he wants, but he won't have shit for them for real. He just likes their profile.

It worked in the past because he got people like Seth, KO, and Big E from NXT, and all the women from Paige to Asuka. But for the last about 3-4 years, it hasn't been working.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I expect to see them released or ask for their release soon. Totally buried both of their careers even though they helping their boy out by putting him over

ScottyPiffen745

Registered
What if that shit was NWO 2.0 all of the NXT Call up form a faction led by Triple H for Survivor Series on both Brands. People like Rhea and Bianca being striped of the Tile will have to choose while those who were pushed like Toni and Finn and Omos are team their Brand. It could be like a NXT Alumni Civil War

They kinda already did that. That time when most of Smackdown was stuck in Saudi Arabia before Survivor Series and Hunter did the invasion angle. They actually put NXT over at Survivor Series, WWE just never followed up on it or acknowledged NXT as a third brand again.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I expect to see them released or ask for their release soon. Totally buried both of their careers even though they helping their boy out by putting him over

They did their job and did it well. They made Bobby look like a million bucks.

Why ask for a release when they are at the biggest wrestling promotion in the world working with their World Champion?

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Why ask for a release when they are at the biggest wrestling promotion in the world working with their World Champion?
I hear you but they worked with him last night. Other than that they haven't been brought up in months. And being part of the biggest promotion ain't always positive for your career, ask Keith, Aleister, and countless others that haven't been booked right.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I hear you but they worked with him last night. Other than that they haven't been brought up in months. And being part of the biggest promotion ain't always positive for your career, ask Keith, Aleister, and countless others that haven't been booked right.
They are making a living in wrestling and eating well. Not every wrestler in WWE will see the big spotlight. Would Impact be a better place for them, financially? Career wise? Would they even want to make that change? Man, let's keep it real, if you have been a wrestling fan all your life and make it to the WWE, sniffed the spotlight with the WWE Champion for a few months and continue to be booked in matches (Main Event and Raw), you can't really complain.

Hell, where is Shelton going to go at this point of his career/life? Dude is old, and is eating well in WWE. He ain't going to do any better in Impact. No guarantees that AEW would be calling and they probably don't want to go to Japan or Mexico.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Vince sees NXT as his little brother's toy box. Like I think he only goes to NXT when he wants some new toys to play with.

He'll stop by and every now and then and be like "what you got there, Hunter? You got any blondes? Rhea Ripley? I'll take her. Any big guys? Keith Lee? Ok, I'll take him. Let me get a tag team of women, too. Shotzi? Shotzi's the one with the tank, right? Ok. And Ember Moon? Nah. She got another tag partner? Teagan Nox? That'll work."

Like he pick and choose who he wants, but he won't have shit for them for real. He just likes their profile.

It worked in the past because he got people like Seth, KO, and Big E from NXT, and all the women from Paige to Asuka. But for the last about 3-4 years, it hasn't been working.
That's wild because the new talent that he's had that's gotten over have all been products of NXT. You take away all those guys that made it through NXT....shit WWE product would be a fucking mess right now.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah and I would think they know their position especially Shelton. I hate they broke them up but I mean they putting Bobby over shouldn't be what makes them ask for their release.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are making a living in wrestling and eating well. Not every wrestler in WWE will see the big spotlight. Would Impact be a better place for them, financially? Career wise? Would they even want to make that change? Man, let's keep it real, if you have been a wrestling fan all your life and make it to the WWE, sniffed the spotlight with the WWE Champion for a few months and continue to be booked in matches (Main Event and Raw), you can't really complain.

Hell, where is Shelton going to go at this point of his career/life? Dude is old, and is eating well in WWE. He ain't going to do any better in Impact. No guarantees that AEW would be calling and they probably don't want to go to Japan or Mexico.

That's like Mickie James. She came back to help Alexa. They def should have given her one last championship reign, even to lose and give Alexa one more bogus chip. Mickie is back in NWA and will have a shit end to her career, Shelton needs to work with the younger talent and end his career in WWE instead of one of these other companies. Get, "The World's Greatest Tag Team", in the WWE Hall of Fame and eat off that.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
The faction I suggested awhile back was a BlkQueen collective they could where the Chess piece as the name plate and on their gear
Sasha Banks = Ric Flair

I know Ole was an orignal Horseman and Barry Windham but the best version was when they had Luger

Alicia Fox = JJ Dillon or Bobby Heenan behind them.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Feels like a bad ideal to put AEW Rampage on Friday. Rather it's head to head against Smackdown or at 9pm it's not a good choice but I'll be recording regardless.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How much embarrassing wrestling is AEW gonna put on?
That Nick Gage Jericho match last night was an embarrassment to wrestling and now they're bringing back a has-been from 20+ years ago?
I saw at the beginning of the show they had Omega and the Young Bucks dressed like kids in Space Jam outfits dunking basketballs :smh:

Last edited:

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
That Nick Gage Jericho match last night was an embarrassment to wrestling and now they're bringing back a has-been from 20+ years ago?
I saw at the beginning of the show they had Omega and the Young Bucks dressed like kids in Space Jam outfits dunking basketballs :smh:

AEW is effectively a Super Indy and alternative to WWE. Everything they do doesn't hit for me (I prefer NXT in general) but their hardcore fan base loves it and they are legit WWE competitor. Most casual fans have no idea who Gage is but the AEW fanbase ate it up.

I am happy Legit talents like Black, Andreda, Miro, Brody, Eddie, etc get a legit chance to shine. AEW tries to hide their weaknesses where WWE held it against them.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW's biggest advantage is that with the talent the have, the live shows will be fun for those in attendance because it feels like super Indy show. They just have to have the right pace with their storylines, and setup their secondary tv show to utilize who they don't push heavy on Dynamite. The question is, will the use that as a continuation to Dynamite, have it be a stand-alone thing with guys exclusive to that show, or have it be a televised payoff show for the web shows. Technically they'll have four shows.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That Nick Gage Jericho match last night was an embarrassment to wrestling and now

I personally have no problem with hardcore deathmatch wrestling. I loved ECW when it was around. Even went to one of their shows and the atmosphere was electric. I also grew up watching death matches from the Japanese promotion Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (FMW). The exploding barbed wire deathmatches were amazing. With that said I understand that it's not for everyone. The stuff that Gage/Jericho did was tame compared to the stuff I've seen in the past.

AEW is made up of different fans. You have the traditional fans who just want old school NWA style wrestling; you have workrate fans who are into New Japan style wrestling. You have fans that like lucha libre ; you have fans who like deathmatch wrestling etc, etc. AEW tries their best to cater to each one of those fans. I love it because it keeps things fresh. If you have a show where it's all one style of wrestling it'll get boring real quick.

they're bringing back a has-been from 20+ years ago?

In the context of the storytelling it makes sense.

The Elite are troll heels. They do that kind of stuff because they know it's going to piss people off. That's why the Bucks come out in more ridiculous outfits each time they wrestle. Trolling is the way heels get heat these days.

ScottyPiffen745

Registered

WWE tried to do a deal with NJPW just to keep Bryan because he wants to work with them. But knowing WWE, they probably wanted to handcuff New Japan and job their guys out. Bryan wants to work with whoever he wants and the only other new thing WWE could've did was have him work NXT. He's done just about all there is to do in WWE and this might be his last run so it only makes sense he goes to AEW where he can do what he wants.

WWE had absolutely no interest in bringing Punk back.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Sasha Banks = Ric Flair

I was with you until you said the best version of the Horsemen was with Luger....
The best version of the Horsemen was Flair, Windham, Arn and Tully...and it ain't close...

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I personally have no problem with hardcore deathmatch wrestling. I loved ECW when it was around. Even went to one of their shows and the atmosphere was electric. I also grew up watching death matches from the Japanese promotion Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (FMW). The exploding barbed wire deathmatches were amazing. With that said I understand that it's not for everyone. The stuff that Gage/Jericho did was tame compared to the stuff I've seen in the past.

AEW is made up of different fans. You have the traditional fans who just want old school NWA style wrestling; you have workrate fans who are into New Japan style wrestling. You have fans that like lucha libre ; you have fans who like deathmatch wrestling etc, etc. AEW tries their best to cater to each one of those fans. I love it because it keeps things fresh. If you have a show where it's all one style of wrestling it'll get boring real quick.

In the context of the storytelling it makes sense.

The Elite are troll heels. They do that kind of stuff because they know it's going to piss people off. That's why the Bucks come out in more ridiculous outfits each time they wrestle. Trolling is the way heels get heat these days.
You're right, I don't care for hardcore death matches. Never have, never will.
I feel like the audience of people really into that kind of thing is small compared to the other styles you mentioned. So why feature it on national TV?
Leave that stuff for the underground Japanese promotions and outlaw mud shows.
IMO the risk of alienating fans (and potential sponsors) does not outweigh the audience that are really into it.

Regarding Omega and the Young Bucks, it feels like they're playing the roles of cartoon villains (literally) rather than traditional heels.
Nothing about that screams "heat" to me.
People casually watching or flipping channels are more likely to roll their eyes and change the channel than want to see them get their asses kicked.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're right, I don't care for hardcore death matches. Never have, never will.
I feel like the audience of people really into that kind of thing is small compared to the other styles you mentioned. So why feature it on national TV?
Leave that stuff for the underground Japanese promotions and outlaw mud shows.

The audience for hardcore death matches is larger than you think. That style of wrestling has been around since the '80s. There's a reason why people still talk about ECW to this day. If it wasn't for Paul Heyman mismanaging the promotion and overall being a horrible business man ECW would still be around today hotter than ever.

IMO the risk of alienating fans (and potential sponsors) does not outweigh the audience that are really into it.

This wasn't the first hardcore style match they've had on dynamite. They've been doing this since the promotion started and the product is hotter than ever. It's increasing in ratings not driving people off. Infact ,TNT executives said they're okay with the blood and violence. It would be hypocritical for them not to be considering the shows and movies that they show on their network.

Regarding Omega and the Young Bucks, it feels like they're playing the roles of cartoon villains (literally) rather than traditional heels.
Nothing about that screams "heat" to me. People casually watching or flipping channels are more likely to roll their eyes and change the channel than want to see them get their asses kicked.

AEW doesn't really cater to casuals. You either get it or you don't. Some will flip on AEW and like it some will flip on it and not like it. You can't change what got you to the dance as a promotion to suit some random casual flipping a channel. You are what you are.