SVT

Rising Star
Registered
Man I hate what AEW is doing with Rusev. He should be a monster heel, instead he's doing wedding gimmick shit again? For that he should have stayed in WWE. Dude is talented as hell yet they are pushing those lames on Team Taz instead of Miro?
Darby is my fav

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
The
Man I hate what AEW is doing with Rusev. He should be a monster heel, instead he's doing wedding gimmick shit again? For that he should have stayed in WWE. Dude is talented as hell yet they are pushing those lames on Team Taz instead of Miro?
the Miro situation is a weird one, but that's what he wanted to do.

Now the wedding is over... What does the Best man do?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The

the Miro situation is a weird one, but that's what he wanted to do.

Now the wedding is over... What does the Best man do?
That's when you have someone with enough wrestling business sense to step in and say "no man, you're wasting your talent and time doing that shit."

AEW gives their talent a little too much freedom. Dude went from being a top free agent signing to a joke.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's when you have someone with enough wrestling business sense to step in and say "no man, you're wasting your talent and time doing that shit."

AEW gives their talent a little too much freedom. Dude went from being a top free agent signing to a joke.
Yep, some of these guys need to be protected from themselves.
Say what you will about WWE, but they kept him looking strong up until him and Lana blew kayfabe and punished them with that Bobby Lashley storyline.
Miro is a video game loving nerd at heart.

Last edited:

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep, some of these guys need to be protected from themselves.
Say what you will about WWE, but they kept him looking strong up until him and Lana blew kayfabe and they punished them with that Bobby Lashley storyline.
Miro is a video game loving nerd at heart.
That's all true. But AEW can't compete with WWE in terms of payouts, so creative freedom is the hook they use to attract talent. They need to find a showrunner respected enough who can offer insight and feedback without directly telling the talent no, that's a dumb idea or you will do this not that.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
That's all true. But AEW can't compete with WWE in terms of payouts, so creative freedom is the hook they use to attract talent. They need to find a showrunner respected enough who can offer insight and feedback without directly telling the talent no, that's a dumb idea or you will do this not that.

they shouldn't have to look to far
JR Works there
Jericho works there
Arn Andersen works there
Matt Hardy works there

someone needs to be the adult and reel some of this. But instead it seems like alot a talent prefer the freedom while their career is stagnates.

alot ppl felt Rusev was a main event talent in WWE. He leaves and proves Vince right.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
JR Works there
Jericho works there
Arn Andersen works there
Matt Hardy works there

someone needs to be the adult and reel some of this. But instead it seems like alot a talent prefer the freedom while their career is stagnates.

alot ppl felt Rusev was a main event talent in WWE. He leaves and proves Vince right.
And that's the shit that bothers me about AEW. I want to like their product but they just can't get out of their own way at times....

Brodie Lee (RIP) and Rusev BOTH should have come into AEW and immediately should have been shot up to the main event battling Moxley for the championship.

They push Old/Fat Jericho. They damn near should have Sting join the Jurassic Express since he's damn near a dinosaur himself since he's so old.

I like Darby Allin, but dude is just too damn small to be a believable badass. He'd be great as a cruiserweight champ but as your secondary champion, I'm not so sure. BTW, has the guy ever even cut a promo? I honestly have never heard him talk.

They need to stop fucking around with team Taz and give MJF the TNT Championship, and have him be the face of AEW. Basically be their Ric Flair, heel champion who always finds a way to win.

And at the top of the card have a Rusev battling Moxley, Omega and others for the AEW World Title.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I just watched two documentaries on Amazon Prime tonight, "Smack Em' Up," which tells the story of Fergal/Prince Devitt (Finn Balor) as he does his last tour of Japan before joining WWE, and the other, "Nail in the Coffin: The Fall and Rise of Vampiro" which tells the story of Lucha Libre Legend Vampiro.

Both are available for free streaming on Amazon Prime Video, both really good films.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I not posting any links pics or videos as I don't want to be banned but what the fuck is a Tyler Reks/Gabbi Tufts. I feel like an old conservative but this shit has gone too far.

Coldplay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I not posting any links pics or videos as I don't want to be banned but what the fuck is a Tyler Reks/Gabbi Tufts. I feel like an old conservative but this shit has gone too far.

Well, damn...I remember Tyler Reks. I didn't see that coming. Live and let live is what I remind myself when I see these kind of stories. :dunno:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
JR Works there
Jericho works there
Arn Andersen works there
Matt Hardy works there

Someone should be telling Jericho no this is a dumb ass idea. Since he lost the title he's been involved in all types of dumb shit from the Mimosa match to having orange juice dumped on him to a debate mimicking the movie Old School. The dumb ass skit in Vegas mimicking The Hangover and the song and dance skit. They got MJF involved in The Inner Circle and all they've done the whole time is fight each other. Every other week it's should we break up or a 3 way tag match, etc.
Matt Hardy has also been a schizo since showing up from being himself to Broken Matt Hardy to vowing to be real and take some time off but not doing so to now being a heel agent type.
And JR is just there cuz he's being paid very well.
AEW creatively is bad. WWE creatively is bad as well and the pandemic has allowed them to embrace their worst fantasies and instincts.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone should be telling Jericho no this is a dumb ass idea. Since he lost the title he's been involved in all types of dumb shit from the Mimosa match to having orange juice dumped on him to a debate mimicking the movie Old School. The dumb ass skit in Vegas mimicking The Hangover and the song and dance skit. They got MJF involved in The Inner Circle and all they've done the whole time is fight each other. Every other week it's should we break up or a 3 way tag match, etc.
Matt Hardy has also been a schizo since showing up from being himself to Broken Matt Hardy to vowing to be real and take some time off but not doing so to now being a heel agent type.
And JR is just there cuz he's being paid very well.
AEW creatively is bad. WWE creatively is bad as well and the pandemic has allowed them to embrace their worst fantasies and instincts.
JR has tried, but he's old school wrestling and the young dudes today don't want to hear that. They want to get their shit in and hit their high spots. I think AEW will eventually figure it out, but they are working too hard to get to that point when you see all the veteran talent around.

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
you mean 33 years ago when must ppl had 9 channels, those lucky enough to have cable maybe had 50 channels, the internet didnt exist, social media didnt exist, streaming didnt exist and smart phones didnt exist

but overall pretty fair comparison

btw FUCK Hogan Brother

Regardless it was still the peak of wrestling on television. It was a monumental night. Pro wrestling was drawing high numbers even on Saturday Night Main Event during that time. The March 1987 SNME (Hogan and Andre in the same battle royal main event) also blows away any ratings today (it was a 11.6 rating) and that was in late night time slot that replaced the popular Saturday Night Live.

Some at NBC were expecting even higher ratings for the Hogan/Andre rematch according to Dave Meltzer during the time. So imagine just how popular WWF was back then.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Well, damn...I remember Tyler Reks. I didn't see that coming. Live and let live is what I remind myself when I see these kind of stories. :dunno:
What possessed him to pull a Caitlyn Jenner :smh: