Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
we'll see but i aint hold my breathe
real talk i watched AEW but had to stop after Mox speeh....on NXT its business as usual
Raw was business as usual
I expect Smackdown to be business as usual

but i appreicate the love he got from all his peers and AEW

for Vince & the WWE its strictly business and from their POV Brodie wasnt that important
but i guess thats why hardcore wrestling fans are turned off by WWE...its all business
after the Mox speech? You would've fallen apart when you watched Eddie's part. You can tell they had to edit and stop a couple of times.

Also Bryce "he referee" known him from the beginning was balling while speaking about him.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Great tribute by AEW.

I see cats bashing WWE for not doing more on Raw, but I honestly didn't have an issue with them letting AEW take the lead since he was signed to them and their management did go all out (pun intended) for Brodie Lee's family.

WWE was in a no win situation regarding any tribute to Harper/Lee....

If they go big, people will shit on them for not taking care of him when he was on their roster.

If they go small, people shit on them for not doing more.

They acknowledged his death on Raw. I expect something on Smackdown.

Talent wore Brodie armbands on Raw and had small personal tributes throughout the show.

It was AEWs place to do what they did tonight.

Good showing by Tony Khan and company.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Great tribute by AEW.

I see cats bashing WWE for not doing more on Raw, but I honestly didn't have an issue with them letting AEW take the lead since he was signed to them and their management did go all out (pun intended) for Brodie Lee's family.

If they go big, people will shit on them for not taking care of him when he was on their roster.

Talent wore Brodie armbands on Raw and had small personal tributes throughout the show.

I dont know man
they did the one pic at the beginning and i didnt watch the rest of the show
but i dont they officially mentioned it all afterwards...to me thats fucked up

dude was with the company at this point last year and with them for about about a decade

if they do something more on Smackdown it really come off as phony & disingenuous at this point but maybe thats just me
its really weird that on the network & social media they have compilations with his best matches etc. Feels like they willing to exploit him on the network but he barely worth a mention on a 3 hour show.

Last edited:

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
I dont know man
they did the one pic at the beginning and i didnt watch the rest of the show
but i dont they officially mentioned it all afterwards...to me thats fucked up

dude was with the company at this point last year and with them for about about a decade

if they do something more on Smackdown it really come off as phony & disingenuous at this point but maybe thats just me
its really weird that on the network & social media they have compilations with his best matches etc. Feels like they willing to exploit him on the network but he barely worth a mention on a 3 hour show.
It's crazy that Brodie debuted this year and made an impact to have a show celebrating him, retiring the TNA belt and have the family in tow.

WWE could've done something other than a pic.

Now if they show it on Smackdown it will come across as disingenuous and weak since they are the flagship of the wrestling world that came in last.

You can tell that the wrestlers in the WWE wanted something, but as the bruh from earlier said... The WWE is just business.

I totally forgot about NXT last night and looked at clips...not sure if they said anything.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
It's crazy that Brodie debuted this year and made an impact to have a show celebrating him, retiring the TNA belt and have the family in tow.

WWE could've done something other than a pic.

Now if they show it on Smackdown it will come across as disingenuous and weak since they are the flagship of the wrestling world that came in last.

You can tell that the wrestlers in the WWE wanted something, but as the bruh from earlier said... The WWE is just business.

I totally forgot about NXT last night and looked at clips...not sure if they said anything.
See what I mean when I said WWE was in a no win situation....

If they had a long ass tribute on Raw, people would bash them for not pushing Luke Harper to the moon and stepping on AEWs toes when he wasn't on WWEs roster anymore...

It they have a tribute on Smackdown, folks will say it's not good enough...

Like I said earlier, it wasn't WWEs place to do a tribute show, since he wasn't their talent anymore.

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
See what I mean when I said WWE was in a no win situation....

If they had a long ass tribute on Raw, people would bash them for not pushing Luke Harper to the moon and stepping on AEWs toes when he wasn't on WWEs roster anymore...

It they have a tribute on Smackdown, folks will say it's not good enough...

Like I said earlier, it wasn't WWEs place to do a tribute show, since he wasn't their talent anymore.
If they did it beforehand it would have came across as respectful, but they can't hide in how they treated him before he left....

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great tribute by AEW.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the graphic at the beginning of the show and subtle tributes by the wrestlers was enough for me.

Plus, Brodie's character in AEW was basically mocking Vince and his idiosyncrasies (i.e. hating people sneezing, etc.) while working for the competition that openly mocks Vince and WWE. It would be kind of weird to devote a bunch of air time to a guy who just did that.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Maybe it's just me, but I think the graphic at the beginning of the show and subtle tributes by the wrestlers was enough for me.

Plus, Brodie's character in AEW was basically mocking Vince and his idiosyncrasies (i.e. hating people sneezing, etc.) while working for the competition that openly mocks Vince and WWE. It would be kind of weird to devote a bunch of air time to a guy who just did that.
It's too late now. If they do something big for him it'll look like it was done because of any backlash. Maybe they should have done a 10 bell salute but I'm guessing that they didn't consider him important enough to do that for.
They only went so far in honoring Pat Patterson a weeks ago and they certainly wouldn't honor Brodie Lee more than Pat Patterson.

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
You know people would have complained about them being hypocritical, being respectful of him when he died but not pushing him when he was on their roster.

Wrestling fans are fickle.
Understood, they have to recognize that and take whatever come their way concerning this.

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered

After a while, he did get rid of the Vince segments and moved toward his character in BTE, but I understand as well.

This was his first year in AEW and started coming into his own.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Understood, they have to recognize that and take whatever come their way concerning this.

I've been very critical of how the WWE handled it (not wrestlers or commenters but the WWE itself). I think the commentors saying thoughts and prayers on air to open the show or 30 second to a minute highlight clip would've been sufficient. What the WWE did was lacking in my opinion. Especially when they had no problem acknowledging him on social media and the network. It comes off as disgenius. And if his parody of Vince was at issue its petty as fuck. And by most accounts Vince is petty as fuck.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered

I didn't expect any more than that from WWE. That's how Vince usually does it for people who aren't under contract with WWE at the time of their passing.

As opposed to someone like Pat Patterson who was a producer at the time of his passing and was one of Vince's closest friends. He got two tributes.

I think the wrestlers in WWE probably should've had more free reign to do more personal tributes to Huber like AEW's wrestlers had. But AEW's wrestlers have more creative input into their own characters and stories unlike in WWE where they're basically given a script and have to be given clearance for everything.

As for Smackdown, I think they'll just tack on a video montage before the graphic. It would be petty to do a 10-bell salute on Smackdown when they didn't do it on Raw. WWE missed their chance to show solidarity with AEW and be like "forget the war, let's just call it a truce this week and just celebrate this man." That would've been respectable, but Vince isn't respectable so I didn't expect him to actually do that.

Last edited:

Multi - P Limited

Rising Star
Registered
As for Smackdown, I think they'll just tack on a video montage before the graphic. It would be petty to do a 10-bell salute on Smackdown when they didn't do it on Raw. WWE missed their chance to show solidarity with AEW and be like "forget the war, let's just call it a truce this week and just celebrate this man." That would've been respectable, but Vince isn't respectable so I didn't expect him to actually do that.
this......

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Glad everyone looking out for the family. They're gonna be alright with time. Glad Brodie wasn't employed by WWE during this time. Outside of Vince paying out the contract he family would be screwed.