dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was off the wall. It told a hell of a story if u remember how Wyatt's fall started with the Cena burial. I enjoyed it. Plus it was funny as fuck. When he sung the Bella song to him it was hilarious
Yeah initially was like WTF but as the match went on I'm like awwww shit they telling a story. I'm remembering some of this shit. I think that shit was impressive.

The two matches I was looking least forward too.....well probably the least 3 was the Goldberg, Cena and Taker matches. If you gonna bring these OG's like Goldberg back this is proof you might need to do it in a cinematic type atmosphere like Taker and Cena did. You gotta do more than these my finisher vs your finisher type matches.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You really liked that? I felt it went too long. Just came off as a long ass promo.

I could never get into the Firefly Funhouse stuff.

Was hoping for something cinematic like last nights Taker fight.
Man, I popped like a fanboy during that Firefly Funshouse match.
The old Saturday Night Main Event part with the theme song really got me and of course the Vince puppet saying "That's good shit".
I get it's not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

WWE did about as good a job as they could given the circumstances and the short amount of time to prepare.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The old Saturday Night Main Event part with the theme song really got me and of course the Vince puppet saying "That's good shit".
I get it's not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.
I thought the usage of old clips, delving into what ifs regarding Cena, his history and all was OK, I just was expecting an actual match similar to when the Wyatts fought New Day at the Wyatt co.pound, or when Taker fought AJ in the Boneyard Match on Wrestlemania night 1.

Like I said, never really been a fan of the Firefly Funhouse stuff or even a fan of the Fiend character, so that may why I didn't like it.

I like Wyatt, just don't care for the Fiend.

I'll admit, The Firefly Funhouse match told an excellent story, but the way it was delivered just did not connect with me.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
I never thought I'd see the day Big Show turned into a jobber.
They just kinda wheeled him out there to put McIntyre over and get his reign started off on the right foot.
Big been a jobber FOR YEARS!!!!

Yeah, Big Show was never given the Andre props. Even though he is better than the great Andre in every way he was never booked as a constant threat as a heel or an unstoppable baby face. Andre during his time did not need a belt because he was over world wide already decades before the tech boom. If they would have put the belt on Andre in the 70s to early 80s who realistically could take it from him. That is the biggest difference between Andre and Big Show.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Big Show was never given the Andre props. Even though he is better than the great Andre in every way he was never booked as a constant threat as a heel or an unstoppable baby face. Andre during his time did not need a belt because he was over world wide already decades before the tech boom. If they would have put the belt on Andre in the 70s to early 80s who realistically could take it from him. That is the biggest difference between Andre and Big Show.
I remember hearing about Big Show doing moonsaults when he was younger.

Imagine seeing that.

Big Show should have been unstoppable.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Reminds me of when Austin beat him on Raw shortly after his debut. I loved the way the match went and how Austin won (chairs to his legs to get him down for a stunner) but I always felt it was a wasted opportunity to make him a beast. Would have preferred that win be on a big ppv after Show has been just dominating everyone for weeks.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reminds me of when Austin beat him on Raw shortly after his debut. I loved the way the match went and how Austin won (chairs to his legs to get him down for a stunner) but I always felt it was a wasted opportunity to make him a beast. Would have preferred that win be on a big ppv after Show has been just dominating everyone for weeks.

Show came from WCW very few got the rub from there. Hell even Jericho been buried with an anvil around his neck

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I remember hearing about Big Show doing moonsaults when he was younger.

Imagine seeing that.

Big Show should have been unstoppable.
Remember he did missile drop kicks from the top rope a few times.

I listened to him on the Stone Cold podcast and when he was willing to put Austin over in their first match it went down hill from their. He felt that if he wasn't willing to speak up for himself then Vince didn't see him as guy he could make money in.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Remember he did missile drop kicks from the top rope a few times.

I listened to him on the Stone Cold podcast and when he was willing to put Austin over in their first match it went down hill from their. He felt that if he wasn't willing to speak up for himself then Vince didn't see him as guy he could make money in.

Ain't it funny that most of the monster heels like Show, Henry, Strowman are chill and gentle dudes off camera while some of the babyfaces over the history of the business been jerks behind the scenes.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Welp, they're finally free to join the Bucks at AEW

I don't think they'll be much better off though.

I honestly think they believe they are better than they actually are.

That's what I was gonna say. Honestly, I didn't think their run in WWE was terrible. I don't think much of them to begin with. I guess at the very least it should be a lateral move for them going to AEW. They aren't people I'd put under the list of people misused. They just are what they are.