dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:HOLY SHIT! The Elite destroy Tony Khan! Jack Perry is a made man now! Love it! Even Tony's dad Shahid Khan came out to check on him. This story actually has potential if they let it cook. Have the Elite take over the show nWo style with TK out of action.

Two issues I have with it….

The whole worker vs boss angle…Stone Cold and Vince did it to death. Maybe it can work if you do it fresh and but this can get bad quick.

Also…them releasing that footage of Punk handling him….now beating up on TK? Looks weak.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
My point was, it's predictable Tony match making, he's basically a male Jade at this point. You go into an Osprey match you know from the jump, he's winning, and giving a title match this early, there's no drama to it you already know the outcome, so how "big of a deal" is it really. Just like when Okada faced Eddie, you knew, Eddie was losing that title....
True but even though Roddy is a phenomenal wrestler he's been treated like a joke and afterthought during his time in AEW so why would they stop doing that now? Maybe Osprey can give that belt some true prestige
Besides Khan doesn't know how to build a long lasting feud that could keep Osprey occupied so that he doesn't need to be in the title picture without also devaluing Osprey in the process

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The whole worker vs boss angle…Stone Cold and Vince did it to death. Maybe it can work if you do it fresh and but this can get bad quick.

Also…them releasing that footage of Punk handling him….now beating up on TK? Looks weak.

Punk cheat shotted Perry when he was fixing his hair. That's not handling someone that's been cheap.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True but even though Roddy is a phenomenal wrestler he's been treated like a joke and afterthought during his time in AEW so why would they stop doing that now? Maybe Osprey can give that belt some true prestige
Besides Khan doesn't know how to build a long lasting feud that could keep Osprey occupied so that he doesn't need to be in the title picture without also devaluing Osprey in the process
Well I think the issue is booking him to begin with…he’s a joke with a title so why is he food for Ospray?

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Looks even weaker considering they've been using their power and Khan has stood by and let them. You attacked a guy who has done nothing but let you run roughshod already. Khan is not good on camera so he's only going to make this worse than it would already be. Stone Cold and Vince were at least compelling characters who could sell the story physically and telling the story verbally. The Elite are bad promos and Khan is bad at all of the above

And like you said nobody is going to forget the visual of Jack Perry getting punked out

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Punk cheat shotted Perry when he was fixing his hair. That's not handling someone that's been cheap.
A push is not a cheap shot
Well I think the issue is booking him to begin with…he’s a joke with a title so why is he food for Ospray?
Because it will be a great match which is the main rationale in AEW. The list of people who aren't food for Osprey is pretty damn short in that company. Hell everything involving Osprey since came over has been about him having a good match hence him making his debut as a contracted AEW wrestler fighting a member of his own faction followed by more matches against people in his own faction for no real reason.
And yes this would be way better if Roddy hadn't been made a goof doing bad comedy for months when he's a hell of a wrestler

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Punk, to them, is the heel in this entire situation, Jack is supposed to have been "wronged", but he ends up the heel? Alrighty then....

It's real simple. Perry felt TK did him dirty by suspending him for the Punk incident as he felt he did nothing wrong. That's why he attacked TK. The whole time he was away from AEW and working in New Japan he was working as a heel. Hence the name "The Scapegoat". That's why when he came back to AEW he aligned himself with "The Elite" who are heels. Tony Khan is the babyface in this situation. Jack Perry and The Elite are heels and Punk is immaterial as they only aired the footage to setup this story.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
What does this do to help Roddy?

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They have to make a NJPW (NWO) takeover with the EVPs leading the influx of NJPW talent against the AEW homegrown backing Tony Khan

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
It's real simple. Perry felt TK did him dirty by suspending him for the Punk incident as he felt he did nothing wrong. That's why he attacked TK. The whole time he was away from AEW and working in New Japan he was working as a heel. Hence the name "The Scapegoat". That's why when he came back to AEW he aligned himself with "The Elite" who are heels. Tony Khan is the babyface in this situation. Jack Perry and The Elite are heels and Punk is immaterial as they only aired the footage to setup this story.
Fam, I can follow the story they are trying to tell. His suspension was warrented because he was the catlyst for everything. That aside, by showing the footage, again, from their point of view, Punk is the heel, and Jack is the face/ victim, and as long as they're chanting "Cry Me A River" Punk is not immaterial in this. They're forcing the "heel turn" when fans clearly wanted to cheer for him, hopefully they execute whatever plan have and make it something entertaining.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
What does this do to help Roddy?
He gets a good match.!! Other than that have shown that they don't care about helping Roddy. They put a title on him but if they really cared he wouldn't have been doing that goofy yelling someone's name crap for months portraying him as a goof in cringe inducing segments.

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
He gets a good match.!! Other than that have shown that they don't care about helping Roddy. They put a title on him but if they really cared he wouldn't have been doing that goofy yelling someone's name crap for months portraying him as a goof in cringe inducing segments.
Then why is he there? :smh:

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
C.E.NO wasn't as cringe here as she normally is. When she doesn't do that over the top C.E.O shtick and just talk straight with purpose she's much better. In regard to Willow her promos have improved a lot since she first came to AEW she just needs to knock off the grunting when she gets mad.

This should have been Saraya speech to Mercedes for costing her 5 years out of the ring.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks even weaker considering they've been using their power and Khan has stood by and let them. You attacked a guy who has done nothing but let you run roughshod already. Khan is not good on camera so he's only going to make this worse than it would already be. Stone Cold and Vince were at least compelling characters who could sell the story physically and telling the story verbally. The Elite are bad promos and Khan is bad at all of the above

And like you said nobody is going to forget the visual of Jack Perry getting punked out
I agree.....after the PPV....why they choosing to go this angle after so much praise for their PPV work is mind boggling.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Always gotta be ready. When Jordan Poole pushed Deebo he should have been ready for that swing. That was a bitch move by Draymond but it 100% wasn't a sucker punch.
Exactly. Draymon a hoe for doing it but Poole should’ve seen it coming for sure.