Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thoughts and observations of this past Saturday's Dynamite.

- Dustin Rhodes/Bryan Danielson: Fantastic match. Probably the best match Dustin's had since "Double Or Nothing" 2019 with Cody. Bryan is such a master of making anyone look good while still being efficient in getting his offense over. His match structure is top notch.

- So it's FTR versus Lucha Brothers at "Full Gear". Should be a banger!

- Sting/MJF segment: MJF is such a master on the mic. In my opinion the best promo in wrestling right now. I loved this line in reference to the people of Florida ...

"It's easy to fool a bunch of people who solve their problems with gun violence and incest"

And this one in reference to Sting ...

"It's because of your negligence that your friend Darby Allin has wound up in the same exact spot as your old friend Lex Luger."

The whole segment was great. MJF is a future world champion if he can get his "in ring" up to par. I can't wait to see him fued with CM Punk. The battle of the mics.

- Tay Conti gets the title shot against Britt Baker at "Full Gear". I'm happy for Tay because she's getting a spotlight match on a ppv but unfortunately she'll just be the next one fed to Britt. It should be a good match because Tay's "in ring" has been very solid. Britt won't need to carry her. In the future if Tay wants to get the strap she's gonna need to work on her promos. It's the reason why this match has little heat on it. Britt is pretty much doing all the heavy lifting with the promos.

- Penelope Ford/Ruby Soho (TBS Title Tournament 1st Round): Solid match. Probably the best match I've seen from Penelope in awhile. She's so hit and miss with her "in ring". Ruby is solid but she needs a real finisher. A little fun fact this match went 8:30 mins. The entire first round of the WWE Queen of the Ring tournament with four separate matches went a total of 8:07 mins.

- Serena Deeb/Hikaru Shida 2 set for next week's Dynamite. Should be as good as their first one. Two of the better workers in the promotion.

- Bobby Fish/Anthony Greene: Squash match for Fish. Had to throw him a bone after losing to Danielson. Looks like he'll get fed to Punk next.

- Lance Archer/Eddie Kingston (AEW World Eliminator Tournament 1st Round): Good match cut a little short by a scary moonsault botch by Archer. Turns out he was okay and walked out on his own power.

- We get Sammy Guevara versus Ethan Page next Wednesday on Dynamite.

- Brandon Cutler/Jungle Boy: Why is this on Dynamite?

- Another great Miro promo

- Malakai Black/Cody Rhodes 3: Good match. Cody just couldn't help himself. Had to go over. I would've bought it more if Cody turned heel and then went over. Arn Anderson was more over in this match than Cody. Crowd chanting "Get the glock".

Overall good show.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because it makes sense.......

Where's MVP and why not have Keith Lee join the Hurt Business

I thought MVP was hurt but to me him joining Hurt Business is kind of lazy. I wouldn't be against it but I feel like let Keith Lee be a heel and dominate on his own. Hell he and Bobby should be facing each other down the line.

I swear Bianca needs to add some darkness to her character. Her promos are dry.

Yeah I like her but that shit she doing is some secondary wrestler. She a main eventer...like you said its just dry. Her character on the mic doesn't match how she wrestlers she be beating the shit out of them lol.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought MVP was hurt but to me him joining Hurt Business is kind of lazy. I wouldn't be against it but I feel like let Keith Lee be a heel and dominate on his own. Hell he and Bobby should be facing each other down the line.

Yeah I like her but that shit she doing is some secondary wrestler. She a main eventer...like you said its just dry. Her character on the mic doesn't match how she wrestlers she be beating the shit out of them lol.

In addition to that she needs to stop with the whole "hair twirling happy-go-lucky" act that she does to the ring. She needs to come out on some power walk all business Amanda Nunes type of shit.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HOLY SHIT! Horrible news for the industry but great opportunity for AEW. Tony get on the phone. I want Jay Lethal, Bandido, the Briscoes, Gresham, etc.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Damn...this is not a good look for wrestling overall
not really ROH fan but hopefully their talent can make through this tough period especially with places like AEW having more talent than tv time and WWE pivoting its development/business model.