Migos is the second greatest hip-hop group of all time after OutKast.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro I already said a dozen times I don't do lists, so it's more about tiers and eras for me.

And specifically spoke about the 2 groups you mentioned.

I am actually the first one in this thread to even mention Tribe.
Naw I’m talking about you saying hit rate. We really talking a hit hit rate when it come to the best though?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel like we don’t respect record sales. The LOX barely sold records so how are they ranking? When I was making cds in high school, I never had one soul ask for a Best of Sheek. Never. In fact, I’m gonna say something really vulgar and unnecessary but Pras > Sheek.
Lox was going platinum though.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Naw I’m talking about you saying hit rate. We really talking a hit hit rate when it come to the best though?

Consistent and quality and impact matter

It sold well? It became an anthem?

If we playing your record 10 years 20 years later?

We can play that record Miami Atlanta Texas Compton Milan Dublin and Paris?

In 2024?

Yes it matters.

Especially if you got a few of those.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are the Migos even better than Camp Lo?

But sometimes you have to check your East Coast Bias.

While the Migos’ impact ranks as a group, acoustically, they don’t register. They don’t. And there are old ladies in the city that can tell you the night I heard Rich than Famous.
No their not,in my opinion their neck and neck with Another Bad Creation,KrisKross,rea sremmurd,Da franchise boyz their all in the same boat just a different era's.

Granted I've never listen to any album of theirs but since "versace versace versace" I've place them in that pop rap music out of atl.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Consistent and quality and impact matter

It sold well? It became an anthem?

If we playing your record 10 years 20 years later?

We can play that record Miami Atlanta Texas Compton Milan Dublin and Paris?

In 2024?

Yes it matters.

Especially if you got a few of those.

But we not gonna be playing Bad and Boujee 20 years from now? Or Hannah Montana?

Migos not in my top anything. So i'm not really defending their argument. But I do think for his era and their time they were the best. So if you were the best of your time its not that outlandish to say you one of the best of all time. I think Odd Future is too. A lot would have a issue with that. Not even sure if we call them a "group" they are more a collective.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No their not,in my opinion their neck and neck with Another Bad Creation,KrisKross,rea sremmurd,Da franchise boyz their all in the same boat just a different era's.

Granted I've never listen to any album of theirs but since "versace versace versace" I've place them in that pop rap music out of atl.
Is Rap Music Pop?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Ain’t nobody listen to all those albums. I’m talking relevancy. Salt N Pepa

Yeah but also let's understand what he's saying though. He not saying MIgos the nicest. He not saying they the best music. He's saying they behind Outkast. So many ways to interpret that. He seems to be speaking more so commercially then music from what I gather.
All fuckin lies. They not behind Outkast. They are no where near Outkast.

VfJKgS.jpg

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It can be,it has and thanks to Lil Nas X,Nelly it's country too.....Rap/Hiphop is like salt it's in and on everything.
Where do you rank Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer? We are making the music while people enjoy. Isn’t that the point of capitalism?

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where do you rank Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer?
Very high Hammer was like the James Brown of rap,music,dancing,commercial,the glitz glam.Vanilla Ice over the years has said so much bullshit and he doesn't respect rap/hiphop culture so he's taken himself off any list.

If it wasn't for Hammer,Ice we wouldn't have jay-z,Nas,50,Dre....ect people that are beyond just artist

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Very high Hammer was like the James Brown of rap,music,dancing,commercial,the glitz glam.Vanilla Ice over the years has said so much bullshit and he doesn't respect rap/hiphop culture so he's taken himself off any list.

If it wasn't for Hammer,Ice we wouldn't have jay-z,Nas,50,Dre....ect people that are beyond just artist
And think of all the artists that will come after Migos.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
But we not gonna be playing Bad and Boujee 20 years from now? Or Hannah Montana?

Migos not in my top anything. So i'm not really defending their argument. But I do think for his era and their time they were the best. So if you were the best of your time its not that outlandish to say you one of the best of all time. I think Odd Future is too. A lot would have a issue with that. Not even sure if we call them a "group" they are more a collective.
Say it wit me D. "Fuck dem corny ass niggas." SAY it!!!!!! SAY THE GODDAM WORDS!!!!!

zs4CZt.jpg

daTiger

Support BGOL
Registered
I feel like we don’t respect record sales. The LOX barely sold records so how are they ranking? When I was making cds in high school, I never had one soul ask for a Best of Sheek. Never. In fact, I’m gonna say something really vulgar and unnecessary but Pras > Sheek.

:smh: