Michael Jordan applauds son's decision to play basketball as walk-on at Illinois

Jam_Jam

Star
Registered
man
jordan's daughter looks just like him...
jordan looked just like his father....
she looks tall too
probably going to be 6'0" tall..I wonder why:cool:

them two dudes is suspect...

The two boys look like their mother. The girl looks like her father. I have eight siblings. My mother has a light complexion while my father has dark skin. None of us look alike. If you saw us on the street you wouldn't know we were siblings. When you mix complexions like that, you never know what you're going to get.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
One. I never made the statement that rich whites ONLY attend there. Two. The reference to HBCU was the ONLY way he was surely taking anything from ANY inner city kid. Which implies that you can't assume there was an inner city kid inline for a scholarship @ U o I. AGAIN, the only way you could guarantee that he impacted an "inner city" youth, ie black kid, was if he was going to an HBCU on scholarship dumb ass.

By the way, Since when has HE been making millions:lol:?? Ninja please. Also, check the population breakdown @ U o I before you speak on who you THINK attends there. Clearly you hadn't otherwise you wouldn't have made the comment.

http://www.dmi.uiuc.edu/stuenr/abstracts/FA07_ten.htm
Here is the link since you were clearly too lazy to look it up.

The baby boy reference was how "Jody" the main character was hanging on his momma's tit for everything. I actually stated that your logic supported a Jody state of mind. ie, relying on his parents for everything in his life. But my bad, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt that you would use a little critical thinking.

Also, IF you know Ivy league minorities that benefited from scholarships because they otherwise couldn't afford to pay, then you should know they EARNED it. Why turn down something you EARNED and worked hard for to make your own mark instead of riding your birth name for defining success. For all the fuk we know he might get a job. Maybe Mike raised his son to understand the value of making your own money. Or maybe he taught him to carve out his own path in life. Damn. Is he suppose to be a lazy scum bag kid like Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie and do nothing but live off their family names? I'm sure his ONE scholarship hasn't ruined some black kids life. You gotta lot of nerve downing someone thats doing something positive.

You talking like you so pro-black and a moral compass for what's right. You know since he has selfishly taken an opportunity from some kid to go to college. How about celebrating the fact that this bruh got into collge, not on some stereotypical athlete shit, but academics. fukkin crabasses man...just kill ya self, just perish:lol: Bet you get mad cause Nike gives shoes to famous people for free, and charge your ass full price....:yes:

Why would you HOPE I didn't attend Harvard? :smh: Because I don't agree with your kind of logic?...chop off your claws folk :lol:

And as I hope you didn't attend Harvard, because you seem to lack basic comprehension skills and thus would be a disgrace to your school. An example is you having to ask me that question in the first place :hmm:

When you have to use a movie, especially one that's trash such as Baby Boy, you know you have a weak argument :smh:

And I know that University of Illinois is mostly white. :smh: Newsflash, not every white person is rich :hmm: Seriously you can't be this stupid. I was using an inner city kid as an example, not saying the scholarship would go directly to an inner city kid :smh:

This shit has nothing to do with him going to college. No one cares about that and doesn't think he could go to school. He could go to college without taking the fuckin scholarship, you fuckin moron. And Michael Jordan is the one with millions, nitwit. Did you even graduate high school? Your grades from high school don't mean shit in college, other than the scholarship. He could not take the scholarship and still graduate cum laude or magna.

Michael and Juanita probably give thousands to charity every year, including several scholarships. Do I have to break that down for you also, because you seem to be a tad slow.

Harvard Blu

Star
Registered
And as I hope you didn't attend Harvard, because you seem to lack basic comprehension skills and thus would be a disgrace to your school. An example is you having to ask me that question in the first place :hmm:

When you have to use a movie, especially one that's trash such as Baby Boy, you know you have a weak argument :smh:

And I know that University of Illinois is mostly white. :smh: Newsflash, not every white person is rich :hmm: Seriously you can't be this stupid. I was using an inner city kid as an example, not saying the scholarship would go directly to an inner city kid :smh:

This shit has nothing to do with him going to college. No one cares about that and doesn't think he could go to school. He could go to college without taking the fuckin scholarship, you fuckin moron. And Michael Jordan is the one with millions, nitwit. Did you even graduate high school? Your grades from high school don't mean shit in college, other than the scholarship. He could not take the scholarship and still graduate cum laude or magna.

Michael and Juanita probably give thousands to charity every year, including several scholarships. Do I have to break that down for you also, because you seem to be a tad slow.

Why do you keep saying that I'm stuck on rich white people??? And I used "baby boy" because I figured your simple ass could understand the basic plot. And the basis in which was applied to Jeff Jordan trying to experience life without things being given to him because his last name was Jordan.

To this or your previous comment you have never refuted my counters, you just launch a barrage of insults and lob generic examples...don't forget YOU used inner city youth as the victim of him taking a ACADEMIC scholarship...I just don't believe there is a clear victim when both parties are still college bound, regardless of the school.

Bottom-line without continuing to exchange insults, which makes up 80% of your dialogue, Jeff Jordan IS NOT Michael Jordan? This is the KEY point. Of course his parents could fork up the cash, but he is CLEARLY trying to do his own thing. The thread is about how Jordan applauds his sons character of not going the stereotypical athlete scholarship route, or begging him for cash..If he took an athletic scholarship then you would have a point...THERE IS NO RULE THAT SAYS YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR PARENTS MONEY JUST BECAUSE...I feel sorry for you though, because you seem to feel real righteous to be so condescending with your circular argument and insults. Good luck to you bruh :smh: Speak up when you learn what it is to be a MAN out here.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. One.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Props to GEMINI on the divorce package information.

We knew all along that Michael Jordan's divorce could break all types of records. But until now, we didn't have a final number. Now, thanks to The Sunday Times, we do:
The final severance package for Juanita Jordan, which includes the couple's seven-acre estate in Chicago and custody of their three children, is expected to be agreed before the first anniversary of their last row – which was said to be about money.

The settlement eclipses the most expensive celebrity divorce on public record, in which Neil Diamond paid his ex-wife Marcia Murphey £75m. After licking his wounds, the singer, who had married the television production assistant before he became famous, won plaudits for his chivalrous verdict. "She's worth every penny," he said.​
Deuce of Davenport thinks this could spark another MJ comeback; that's a little far-fetched, seeing as Jordan's still insanely wealthy. But who knows, maybe this will heighten his involvement in the Charlotte Bobcats. He's invested in them heavily, and all of a sudden those dollars count just a little bit more. In the days before the draft, Jordan emerged as more than a letter-writing figurehead, but he could probably run the organization if he wanted to.

Oh, and if you're wondering, that means Kobe Bryant would have to talk to Juanita about buying that house.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...costs-him-168-million/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

BRUCE LEROY

Star
Registered
I think some of you cats are confusing scholarship with financial aid. :angry: :smh: :smh: He's getting a free ride because he earned that shit!

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
if I was Michael, I would get a DNA test. the kid got no skills and he doesnt look like him.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
74082575_10.jpg

is that at the millionaire's box at churchill downs?

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
Because the MF'er EARNED THE SCHOLARSHIP.

Just like Grant Hill got a scholarship to Duke........and his parents are well off.

I went to college kids that EARNED academic scholarships........and their families could have afforded to pay.

THIS is some fucked up shit...
how can some who's father is worth atleast 300 million
get a scholarship..

I'm still paying off student loans 5 yrs. later...........:angry::angry:

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
I guess the males in the Jordon family don't kick it with black women. :rolleyes:

Ugh where do you think the black girls are at around him? He has been in prep schools and the "Most Exclusive" society shit all his life. Aint to many black folks PERIOD in the circles he has been running with.

Plus considered that he is a PREP school guy that speaks proper english...........how appealing do you think he is to young black women.......who have posters of Lil'Wayne on their walls?