Michael Jordan applauds son's decision to play basketball as walk-on at Illinois

AOD

Star
Registered
Lol @ Mike mackin' on Tony Parker's THEN-FIANCEE in the spring and Gabrielle Union ...

http://www.sportsbum.com
http://www.dallasblack.com/resource.aspx?id=17623&extension=.jpg
http://www.dallasblack.com/resource.aspx?id=17623
http://www.dallasblack.com/

michaeljordaneva-718977.jpg

74082575_10.jpg

:lol:Mike's a pimp like a mutha fucka!! Go get 'em Mike!!:lol:

brabra

Support BGOL
Registered
It's not like he needed a scholarship. It would be taking it away from someone who needs it.
Like Phonte say "When you broke, you're the last on the list, but when u get cake they cant wait to give you some shit" Or atleast how I think it go.:cool:

chillwillwonka

Chillin is my hobby.
Registered
What's wrong with a kid that earned a scholarship based on his academic acheivement in highschool? Not needing to have his parents pay?

Why would he turn it down? Just because his parents can afford to pay it? That's not Jeff's money.

Part of college is maturing from a kid to an adult. Having the satisfaction that he is essentially paying his way, or most of it, is a great accomplishment.

Cosign. He has to be his own man one day, might as well start now.

Point_Guard

Potential Star
Registered
Not really understanding him getting a scholarship and his fathers rich, and my ass is still paying sallimae four years after graduating:angry:

SNYC

Lurking. I'm on that other board
Registered
We need more black youth such as Jordon's son to show some of our other black youth on how you become successful.

Look at it people. What is Jordon's son chances of making the NBA at 6'2"?
Really? Look, there are only a few players in the NBA that are 6'2". Hell, I don't really know if any of them are NBA starters.

Therefore Jordon's son did the smart thing. He went to a school with a good reputation for education as well as athletics. Therefore Jordon's son can take advantage of academic and athletic opportunities.

Excellent young man. And a smart one too.

More black youth need to be like him instead of trying to be all "hip-hop", wearing their pants down to thier asss, having sloppy looking dreadlocks and wearing all kinds of ghetto bling.
yeah, they need to stop wearing long shorts and overpriced sneakers..

ohh wait, guess who started that :rolleyes:

Alumni

Lover of huge titties
Platinum Member
I guess the males in the Jordon family don't kick it with black women. :rolleyes:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We need more black youth such as Jordon's son to show some of our other black youth on how you become successful.

Really? Look, there are only a few players in the NBA that are 6'2". Hell, I don't really know if any of them are NBA starters.

shut your stupid ass up b/c you dont know what you're talking about. there are a plenty of NBA playrs 6'2 and under. A large number of NBA players are 6'2 in under. Ray Felton, AI, Chris Paul, Jason Terry, Eddie House, Damon Stoudemire are just a few.
But that being said, Jordans son isn't talented enough to play in the NBA. His little brother is better than him so he might have a shot, but Jeffrey knows he wont be in the league.

Harvard Blu

Star
Registered
Because you can have the same self satisfaction of knowing you got in to the school based on academics and SAT, without accepting the scholarship. It might be some inner city kid, who needs that scholarship to go to Illinois. Instead they have to work a job or two. Maybe they can't go at all.

It's similar how some billionaires pay less than 20% in taxes.

And him being on scholarship has nothing to do with maturation.

This is an ignorant argument. Period. "inner city" kid...U o I isn't a HBCU, so chances are academic scholarship is taking away a slot from some rich white kid (whom of which I could care less about). Second he earned academic scholarships to more than one school, he chose U o I because of the basketball program. Third, if an "inner city" kid has the grades and SAT to get an academic scholarship, I'm sure they have more than one offer just like Jeff, and honestly Jeff chose a lower rated school for academics. So with that being said, how about you allow a black man an opportunity to stand on his own and be a MAN when given the opportunity instead of hanging on his Momma's tit or his Dad's balls to pay for everything throughout his life...Ever seen the movie "Baby Boy."

Crown&Coke

Star
Registered
This is an ignorant argument. Period. "inner city" kid...U o I isn't a HBCU, so chances are academic scholarship is taking away a slot from some rich white kid (whom of which I could care less about). Second he earned academic scholarships to more than one school, he chose U o I because of the basketball program. Third, if an "inner city" kid has the grades and SAT to get an academic scholarship, I'm sure they have more than one offer just like Jeff, and honestly Jeff chose a lower rated school for academics. So with that being said, how about you allow a black man an opportunity to stand on his own and be a MAN when given the opportunity instead of hanging on his Momma's tit or his Dad's balls to pay for everything throughout his life...Ever seen the movie "Baby Boy."

Co-Sign. Its funny how some of these people hating on that boy for taking an academic scholarship. Thats crazy. I wish I could have got some kind of scholarship cuz these loans is a bitch.

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered

Therefore Jordon's son did the smart thing. He went to a school with a good reputation for education as well as athletics. Therefore Jordon's son can take advantage of academic and athletic opportunities.

Excellent young man. And a smart one too.

More black youth need to be like him instead of trying to be all "hip-hop", wearing their pants down to thier asss, having sloppy looking dreadlocks and wearing all kinds of ghetto bling.

I can name one now, Iverson. But it will be tough for the kid, there is no way he will be able to get from under his pops shadow.

AtlSportsFan

Star
Registered
THIS is some fucked up shit...
how can some who's father is worth atleast 300 million
get a scholarship..

I'm still paying off student loans 5 yrs. later...........:angry::angry:

Stupid-ass, WELFARE-EXPECTING MUTHAFUCKA!

Academic scholarships ARE MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS; so even if you are RICH; YOU HAVE EARNED THE SCHOLARSHIP BECAUSE YOUR ACADEMICS WERE BETTER THAN THE NEXT DUMB ASS MUTHAFUCKA!

ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP IS NOT EQUAL TO FINANCIAL AID!

FINANCIAL AID IS FOR BEGGING ASS MUTHAFUCKAS!

I got FINANCIAL AID, so I have begged in the past; and academic scholarships don't cover 100% of college expenses; ONLY ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS for REVENUE PRODUCING SPORTS COVER 100% of what you need covered!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

And I made the ignorant statement :lol: Talk about hypocrisy. That shit is hypocritical, ignorant and just plain stupid :smh:

So only rich people go to Illinois and white institutions, and poor people go to HBCU's :lol: I know people who went to Columbia and Yale, who never could have gotten in if it wasn't for a scholarship. Only rich people go to Yale too right :hmm:

Baby Boy :confused: A fuckin movie? Come on, are you serious> You can't be. John Singleton is your guide on how to raise kids :smh:

Stand on his own and be a man. Yeah paying $30,000 is too much for a person making millions. :hmm: He should get a job while in college too right :hmm:

Some people actually grow up wanting to go a certain school. Also them going to another school would take another spot from someone else. They should go to another school too right. Ummm, Einstein, somewhere along the way someone who might need that scholarship isn't going to get it. :hmm:

Have you ever stepped foot on a college other than a party muthafucka, because I hope you didn't attend Harvard :smh:

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
Were I MJ's son, there is no way in the hell that I would embarrass myself, and my father, by playing mediocre organized basketball. Nor would I go to a state school, even though University of Illinois is a fine one, when pops has the money to send me to the Sorbonne.

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
What's wrong with a kid that earned a scholarship based on his academic acheivement in highschool? Not needing to have his parents pay?

Why would he turn it down? Just because his parents can afford to pay it? That's not Jeff's money.

Part of college is maturing from a kid to an adult. Having the satisfaction that he is essentially paying his way, or most of it, is a great accomplishment.

:yes::dance::yes:

It's sad that people here are actually suggesting that he turn down the scholarship that he earned just because he can afford it. Hell, I can afford to burn my next paycheck- think I'm going to do it?

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
Damn
his son doesn't look nothing like him
plus the fact he 18 and 6'2"
height comes from genetics and nutrition
this kid rich he's had good nutrition his entire life had regular doctor visits
and still only 6'2" at 18
on less he grows 5 inches by the time he 21
jordan should think about getting a dna test...........

You DO realize 100% of your genes come from BOTH parents, right? That comes out to 50% each. Jordan ain't the only parent this child has, you know.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
Why would he turn it down? Just because his parents can afford to pay it?

Why take a scholarship off the table that you absolutely do not need, when it might provide the only means of attending college for the next kid in line?

Harvard Blu

Star
Registered
And I made the ignorant statement :lol: Talk about hypocrisy. That shit is hypocritical, ignorant and just plain stupid :smh:

So only rich people go to Illinois and white institutions, and poor people go to HBCU's :lol: I know people who went to Columbia and Yale, who never could have gotten in if it wasn't for a scholarship. Only rich people go to Yale too right :hmm:

Baby Boy :confused: A fuckin movie? Come on, are you serious> You can't be. John Singleton is your guide on how to raise kids :smh:

Stand on his own and be a man. Yeah paying $30,000 is too much for a person making millions. :hmm: He should get a job while in college too right :hmm:

Some people actually grow up wanting to go a certain school. Also them going to another school would take another spot from someone else. They should go to another school too right. Ummm, Einstein, somewhere along the way someone who might need that scholarship isn't going to get it. :hmm:

Have you ever stepped foot on a college other than a party muthafucka, because I hope you didn't attend Harvard :smh:

One. I never made the statement that rich whites ONLY attend there. Two. The reference to HBCU was the ONLY way he was surely taking anything from ANY inner city kid. Which implies that you can't assume there was an inner city kid inline for a scholarship @ U o I. AGAIN, the only way you could guarantee that he impacted an "inner city" youth, ie black kid, was if he was going to an HBCU on scholarship dumb ass.

By the way, Since when has HE been making millions:lol:?? Ninja please. Also, check the population breakdown @ U o I before you speak on who you THINK attends there. Clearly you hadn't otherwise you wouldn't have made the comment.

http://www.dmi.uiuc.edu/stuenr/abstracts/FA07_ten.htm
Here is the link since you were clearly too lazy to look it up.

The baby boy reference was how "Jody" the main character was hanging on his momma's tit for everything. I actually stated that your logic supported a Jody state of mind. ie, relying on his parents for everything in his life. But my bad, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt that you would use a little critical thinking.

Also, IF you know Ivy league minorities that benefited from scholarships because they otherwise couldn't afford to pay, then you should know they EARNED it. Why turn down something you EARNED and worked hard for to make your own mark instead of riding your birth name for defining success. For all the fuk we know he might get a job. Maybe Mike raised his son to understand the value of making your own money. Or maybe he taught him to carve out his own path in life. Damn. Is he suppose to be a lazy scum bag kid like Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie and do nothing but live off their family names? I'm sure his ONE scholarship hasn't ruined some black kids life. You gotta lot of nerve downing someone thats doing something positive.

You talking like you so pro-black and a moral compass for what's right. You know since he has selfishly taken an opportunity from some kid to go to college. How about celebrating the fact that this bruh got into collge, not on some stereotypical athlete shit, but academics. fukkin crabasses man...just kill ya self, just perish:lol: Bet you get mad cause Nike gives shoes to famous people for free, and charge your ass full price....:yes:

Why would you HOPE I didn't attend Harvard? :smh: Because I don't agree with your kind of logic?...chop off your claws folk :lol:

Harvard Blu

Star
Registered

Stupid-ass, WELFARE-EXPECTING MUTHAFUCKA!

Academic scholarships ARE MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS; so even if you are RICH; YOU HAVE EARNED THE SCHOLARSHIP BECAUSE YOUR ACADEMICS WERE BETTER THAN THE NEXT DUMB ASS MUTHAFUCKA!

ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP IS NOT EQUAL TO FINANCIAL AID!

FINANCIAL AID IS FOR BEGGING ASS MUTHAFUCKAS!

I got FINANCIAL AID, so I have begged in the past; and academic scholarships don't cover 100% of college expenses; ONLY ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS for REVENUE PRODUCING SPORTS COVER 100% of what you need covered!

Thank you.

tyup333

Star
Registered
That's funny...I was always said that raggedy ass Center who used to play for the Wizards who Jordan drafted number One was his son..KWAME BROWN. Looks like that nicca spit him Out...