Mexico is about to experience its 'highest temperatures ever recorded' as death toll climbs

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man listen..... Heat stroke is no joke!!

I almost passed out changing my brakes a few years ago in hot humid weather! I had to keep taking mini breaks to cool off.

I hate that this is probably going to cause a lot of deaths.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
A friend of mine from another work site is originally from the Philippines. He's in his early-50s, and his mom's in her mid-80s. She splits her time between Vancouver and her home province in the Phils where she still owns a home. Spends May - November here, and fall / winter there to avoid winter locally.

She just got back a few weeks ago and said the heat was intense in her province. Got up to 116 - 117 at times.

She gets up early and tries to get things done before the mid-morning heat, and just lays low for the better part of the day.

Smartly said she wasn't gonna risk it and be out there running errands and shit at her age. Fuck that.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read somewhere that humans have advanced sweat glands that allow them to thrive in relatively hot environments provided they can stay hydrated. However, as the temps and humidity levels rise as our sweat glands don't work as well because while we do sweat there may not be sufficient evaporative cooling because humidity levels are too high. So the sweat just runs off with out evaporating and cooling our bodies. I also recall a recent news story about apes and monkeys just falling out of trees because they're over heating.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I read somewhere that humans have advanced sweat glands that allow them to thrive in relatively hot environments provided they can stay hydrated. However, as the temps and humidity levels rise as our sweat glands don't work as well because while we do sweat there may not be sufficient evaporative cooling because humidity levels are too high. So the sweat just runs off with out evaporating and cooling our bodies. I also recall a recent news story about apes and monkeys just falling out of trees because they're over heating.
The heat is bad enough, but when you throw in humidity, that’s when problems come about

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That world cup match in Monterey will have them thinking they're in Death Valley.

Death Valley is a desert valley in Eastern California, in the northern Mojave Desert, bordering the Great Basin Desert. It is thought to be the hottest place on Earth during summer.[3] Death Valley is home to the Timbisha tribe of Native Americans, formerly known as the Panamint Shoshone, who have inhabited the valley for at least the past millennium.

Death Valley's Badwater Basin is the point of lowest elevation in North America, at 282 feet (86 m) below sea level.[1] It is 84.6 miles (136.2 km) east-southeast of Mount Whitney — the highest point in the contiguous United States, with an elevation of 14,505 feet (4,421 m).[4] On the afternoon of July 10, 1913, the United States Weather Bureau recorded a high temperature of 134 °F (56.7 °C) at Furnace Creek in Death Valley,[5] which stands as the highest ambient air temperature ever recorded on the surface of the Earth.[6] This reading, however, and several others taken in that period are disputed by some modern experts.[7]

Lying mostly in Inyo County, California, near the border of California and Nevada, in the Great Basin, east of the Sierra Nevada mountains, Death Valley constitutes much of Death Valley National Park and is the principal feature of the Mojave and Colorado Deserts Biosphere Reserve. It runs from north to south between the Amargosa Range on the east and the Panamint Range on the west. The Grapevine Mountains and the Owlshead Mountains form its northern and southern boundaries, respectively.[8] It has an area of about 3,000 sq mi (7,800 km2).[9] The highest point in Death Valley National Park is Telescope Peak, in the Panamint Range, which has an elevation of 11,043 feet (3,366 m).[10]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I remember when it was 112 here in Phoenix a while back..then the following year it was 119 :smh:

On one of my local news broadcasts they showed the streets of Phoenix,there were like 3 or 4 people walking around the whole time

Did they melt into the asphalt shortly thereafter?

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Man listen..... Heat stroke is no joke!!

I almost passed out changing my brakes a few years ago in hot humid weather! I had to keep taking mini breaks to cool off.

I hate that this is probably going to cause a lot of deaths.

Same here, I thought back brakes were just like front brakes, I thought I was going to be out there at the max a hour, 4 hours later I had to call it a day, couldn't even go to work had to call in..lol

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn that's crazy!!!

ynV21j.jpg