Marvel woke up today and said......let me remind y'all who the fuck we are!!

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

the-office-ouch.gif

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Do people, by which I mean the Marvel fans on this board, care about behind-the-scenes drama? This isn't a dig against you, Playa, I'm just genuinely curious.

Bro.... Apparently everything is a conspiracy within an hidden agenda. We know WAY TOO MUCH now about how the sausage is made. And no one is innocent everyone made it this way.

To be fair? There has ALWAYS been gossip since before movies even had sound. But this is next level stuff. And yeah SOME people do care.

You can pretend it's only box office and executives you care about or the salacious details of an on set affair. It's all the same really.

Honestly? I wish we didn't really know budgets and box office and salaries etc because it has now in my opinion negatively effected the audience experience

But we ain't never going back, so...

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Marvel or in general?
DC is rebooting so it's gonna be a while.

I think Aquaman 2 is still coming out later on, but the rest got cancelled.

Marvel's got GoTG 3 coming out real soon, but somehow it doesn't have the buzz that it should. (I hate what their doing with Adam Warlock but that's just me).

Besides that I don't know if there's anything I'm really looking forward to.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Marvel's got GoTG 3 coming out real soon, but somehow it doesn't have the buzz that it should. (I hate what their doing with Adam Warlock but that's just me).

If you talking JUST superhero movies?

I think GOG3 gonna do well.

EVERYONE wants to know wtf The Flash is gonna do so in a weird way THAT is the most highly anticipated comic book movie. Especially with the Ezra stuff spreading out into the world more because of Majors situation.

I need to look at the release schedule but Marvels is gonna do numbers.

In general?

That new Fast movie gonna break records - If DC promotes it right that should really help Aquaman 2

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
If you talking JUST superhero movies?

I think GOG3 gonna do well.

EVERYONE wants to know wtf The Flash is gonna do so in a weird way THAT is the most highly anticipated comic book movie. Especially with the Ezra stuff spreading out into the world more because of Majors situation.

I need to look at the release schedule but Marvels is gonna do numbers.

In general?

That new Fast movie gonna break records - If DC promotes it right that should really help Aquaman 2

Hmmm... You know I looked at it differently. The Flash movie is kind of the official reboot point, so the last of the DCEU in a way. I never looked at it as highly anticipated because it's basically the final stop of the failure that was.

Plus the main actor is a child molester. I mean... How do you even go on tour with this loser?

Anyway, I really mean beyond BO numbers, what movies are you looking forward to the most next?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hmmm... You know I looked at it differently. The Flash movie is kind of the official reboot point, so the last of the DCEU in a way. I never looked at it as highly anticipated because it's basically the final stop of the failure that was.

Plus the main actor is a child molester. I mean... How do you even go on tour with this loser?

Anyway, I really mean beyond BO numbers, what movies are you looking forward to the most next?

I'm talking highly anticipated curiosity controversy factors...

Flash really doesn't have any middle ground it's really either hot or miss

But Ezra is enough of a sh*t show that I believe folk instead of doing the smart thing, like just ignoring this movie and watching "outside" the theatre will actually let curiosity overtake them and go see it en masse.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Like I said you talking JUST comic book movie?

I'm a fan period so all of it.

SPIDERVERSE. PERIOD.

Marvels us up there for me.

Never saw the first Joker but I definitely want to see this one

GOG3 just to see how Gunn finishes it off.

Aquaman 2 I don't have no real enthusiasm for. But that could change

Hold on I REALLY want to see Blue Beetle.
I know it's paint by numbers but I think it will FUN. Something DC seems to not do well at.

Most of the comic book related stuff is Disney+ related now that I think about it.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
You can pretend it's only box office and executives you care about or the salacious details of an on set affair. It's all the same really.
Honestly, I don't even care about that part of it. I rather just the discuss the films, performances, writing, tone, etc.

When someone says they thought Thor Ragnarok was disappointing since it was a departure from the tone setup by previous films, I'd disagree but it's a discussion I'd love to have.

I'll discuss casting and ratings since they can affect the quality and content of the film. Personally, I don't give a shit about any of that shareholder business. I'm not getting a percentage of those profits so it's none of my concern, fam.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor

What are they doing with Adam Warlock that displeases you?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Honestly, I don't even care about that part of it. I rather just the discuss the films, performances, writing, tone, etc.

When someone says they thought Thor Ragnarok was disappointing since it was a departure from the tone setup by previous films, I'd disagree but it's a discussion I'd love to have.

I'll discuss casting and ratings since they can affect the quality and content of the film. Personally, I don't give a shit about any of that shareholder business. I'm not getting a percentage of those profits so it's none of my concern, fam.

I hear you.

But now we have wannabe critics about EVERYTHING from direction editing cinematography music promotion etc etc etc

not only are most of these discussions uninformed they are filled with gossip and "agendas " to make whatever point they are trying to make.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Adam Warlock used to be a major character. Back in the day.

Not quite Thanos level, but up there with Silver Surfer.

I was hoping he would have a major role in the MCU at some point but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.
That was the 70s bruh. This is a new generation. Warlock has to prove himself on these MCU streets.

Furthermore, he won't have his Soul Stone since the Stones were destroyed at the end of End Game.

He was teased as a future opp of the Guardians and it looks like he'll prolly make a face turn which is good enough so far.

I don't see Magus making an appearance any time soon if ever and that's likely for the best TBH.

Last edited:

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
I hear you.

But now we have wannabe critics about EVERYTHING from direction editing cinematography music promotion etc etc etc

not only are most of these discussions uninformed they are filled with gossip and "agendas " to make whatever point they are trying to make.
So much piss poor analysis going around it's laughable.

Anytime someone uses the term "woke" as a negative critique, as has happened as recently as today, I automatically tune out. "Critical analysis" from idiots, on and off BGOL, who can't think critically.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

There's the flash and blue beetle but I'm chilling right now because I have cape shit fatigue. Those two DC joints guardians 3 , captain america 4 and secret invasion is the only projects I'm checking for right now. Blade , Deadpool 3 and the dcu are wait and see.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
That was the 70s bruh. This is a new generation. Warlock has to prove himself on these MCU streets.

Furthermore, he won't have his Soul Stone since the Stones were destroyed at the end of End Game.

He was teased as a future opp of the Guardians and it looks like he'll prolly make a face turn which is good enough so far.
The problem is he was a big part of the infinity saga in tthe comics and MCU was lacking by not having him there and they also brought pip the troll too late. The MCU is based more on the modern 2010's infinity war with a little bit of the 90s infinity saga splashed in.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
The problem is he was a big part of the infinity saga in tthe comics and MCU was lacking by not having him there and they also brought pip the troll too late. The MCU is based more on the modern 2010's infinity war with a little bit of the 90s infinity saga splashed in.
Yes, MCU was initially based on Ultimate Marvel. Obviously, they took inspiration from other parts of Marvel as well which is perfectly fine.

The problem is ppl have yet to realize the MCU is its own thing. Expecting it to match 616, Ultimate, or whatever is stupid. It's its own universe.

I don't see how Warlock would've even fit in the MCU infinity stuff. Captain Marvel barely fit in but she at least had her own movie. Pip, who only seems to smoke, drink, and teleport in the comics, was introduced in Eternals because that movie was weird and he fit right in.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes, MCU was initially based on Ultimate Marvel. Obviously, they took inspiration from other parts of Marvel as well which is perfectly fine.

The problem is ppl have yet to realize the MCU is its own thing. Expecting it to match 616, Ultimate, or whatever is stupid. It's its own universe.

I don't see how Warlock would've even fit in the MCU infinity stuff. Captain Marvel barely fit in but she at least had her own movie. Pip, who only seems to smoke, drink, and teleport in the comics, was introduced in Eternals because that movie was weird and he fit right in.

^^^^
Yup

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

Everyone understands that the MCU is it's own thing, but fans hope/expect characters to resemble their comics counterparts. Either in appearance or intent or within the storyline.

Warlock can be in the MCU at the same power level but without the soul stone.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Everyone understands that the MCU is it's own thing, but fans hope/expect characters to resemble their comics counterparts. Either in appearance or intent or within the storyline.

Warlock can be in the MCU at the same power level but without the soul stone.
So far they have. The MCU has been very faithful to their characters comic origins while maintaining its own identity. Most of the criticism to the contrary is petty and over insignificant shit.

IIRC, Warlock's power without the Stone derives from his worshippers at his Church or something like that. Honestly, no one knows how the MCU Warlock will be depicted, maybe he'll be worshipped. Who knows? We should prolly wait until the film drops before we dispense with the criticism.

Which goes back to the point I made earlier. Critical analysis first requires you to actually see the shit you're criticizing.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
So far they have. The MCU has been very faithful to their characters comic origins while maintaining its own identity. Most of the criticism to the contrary is petty and over insignificant shit.

IIRC, Warlock's power without the Stone derives from his worshippers at his Church or something like that. Honestly, no one knows how the MCU Warlock will be depicted, maybe he'll be worshipped. Who knows? We should prolly wait until the film drops before we dispense with the criticism.

Which goes back to the point I made earlier. Critical analysis first requires you to actually see the shit you're criticizing.
The MCU's been great with the characters. Beyond great.

My criticism about Adam Warlock isn't about the character, it's about his hierarchy within the MCU, specifically the cosmic side of things. They might do the character justice, hopefully they do, but that's not what I'm talking about.

As as a Adam Warlock fan favorite I was hoping to see him as a main character in a movie, that's all.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
The MCU's been great with the characters. Beyond great.

My criticism about Adam Warlock isn't about the character, it's about his hierarchy within the MCU, specifically the cosmic side of things. They might do the character justice, hopefully they do, but that's not what I'm talking about.

As as a Adam Warlock fan favorite I was hoping to see him as a main character in a movie, that's all.
The thing is here is that they had already teased him in Guardians 1 and 2. The first was just a blink-and-you-miss-it Easter egg with his cocoon in the Collector's museum.

In 2, they outright named him in the post-credits scene. It would be strange to not have him in a GotG film at this point.

We don't know his powerlevel or his overall importance in the scheme of things yet though. He may turn out to be an important character.

I have no problem introducing a relatively obscure character in an established franchise. It prolly would've helped Black Adam if they had done the same there, right @playahaitian ? (Forgive me, fam :roflmao:)