Marvel Cinematic Universe on going: Trusted source reveals Phase Four films 2019 SDCC OFFICIAL UPDATE!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
UncannyX-Force15-01.png

UncannyX-Force15-02.png

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You have to admire Kevin Feige.
As a Comic Book FAN, not a bean counter, working the Hollywood grind, Dude had a vision.
And he patiently got to this point of power.
Casting big-name actors for roles and a genre that were once considered beneath them.
And had no fear of diversity either.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
are they seeking out the best talent behind the camera though?
Capt Marvel is not only because of Bree Larson - that script /story sucked
they half assed that movie
There area plethora of female writers and directors that would have made a better movie than that

Post of the Day.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
are they seeking out the best talent behind the camera though?
Capt Marvel is not only because of Bree Larson - that script /story sucked
they half assed that movie
There area plethora of female writers and directors that would have made a better movie than that

I agree "CAPTAIN MARVEL" was a "mis-step".
But I still liked much of it except Brie Larson.

As I've stated in another thread on these MARVEL SDCC Announcements,
Don't count Kevin Feige out.
That Dude knows EXACTLY what he's doing.
In front of as well as behind the camera.
We would be talking about all of this if he didn't.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The most shocking announcement was Natalie Portman returning to the MCU i thought she was done with Marvel and Sci Fi .Thor: Love and Thunder means this movie will be 85% comedy !!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The most shocking announcement was Natalie Portman returning to the MCU i thought she was done with Marvel and Sci Fi .Thor: Love and Thunder means this movie will be 85% comedy !!!!!

I knew something was up when she had that endgame cameo

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ryan Reynolds hints his Deadpool character may be part of Marvel's upcoming Phase 5 story arcs
By BOBBIE WHITEMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:37 EDT, 29 July 2019 | UPDATED: 13:04 EDT, 29 July 2019

Ryan Reynolds has teased his Deadpool character could be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The 42-year-old actor hinted his foul-mouthed superhero could join Phase 5 of Marvel's story arcs in an Instagram he posted on Sunday.

He celebrated the five-year anniversary of the Deadpool test footage leak by sharing a detective-style peg board headed 'Who Leaked?' with red tape leading to all the suspects.

16634634-0-image-a-1_1564411144677.jpg

+4
'LeakAversary': Ryan Reynolds shared this 'Who Leaked?' peg board on Instagram on Sunday captioned, 'Investigation heading into year 5. Or as I call it, "Phase 5." I love conspiracy yarn'

16634670-7297969-Well_known_joker_The_42_year_old_seen_at_the_New_York_Pokemon_De-a-48_1564414274104.jpg

+4
Well-known joker: The 42-year-old, seen at the New York Pokemon: Detective Pikachu premiere in May, hinted his Deadpool could join 'Phase 5' of Marvel's story arcs

Ryan captioned it: 'Investigation heading into year 5. Or as I call it, "Phase 5." The point is, I love conspiracy yarn. #LeakAversary.'

ADVERTISING
Marvel announced the Phase 3 and 4 films at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this month but fans have been guessing at the Phase 5 movies since then.

Meanwhile, creator Rob Liefeld previously insisted that there will be a Deadpool 3.

Speaking to a fan on Twitter, he said: 'It will totally happen!!! Soon!'

He said earlier this year: 'Nothing like deadlines to clear your head... let me be clear Deadpool 3 will happen, some form, some fashion.

'That's not a concern to me. Disney paid $60 billion for Fox and Deadpool is the most valuable asset in today's market. Makes more than X-Men films.'

And Green Lantern star Ryan previously admitted to feeling lucky to have landed the Deadpool role.

'It's pretty limitless,' he told British chat show host Lorraine Kelly on her morning show in May 2018, just before the release of Deadpol 2.

16636272-7297969-The_not_so_super_hero_Deadpool_shows_of_his_blue_and_red_suit_in-a-47_1564414260479.jpg

+4
The not-so-super hero: Deadpool shows of his blue and red suit in the run up to the release of the second movie in the franchise in 2016

'I would say it's the role that I feel most privileged to have in my entire career.

'I feel like I was sort of born for it - I love Deadpool. The hardest thing on this set was keeping a straight face, but that's what a mask is for!

'There are takes in the movie where I know I'm cracking up laughing under the mask but I'm doing it silently, but I'm supposed to be listening to something serious.

'It's in there. If you watch you can kind of feel it.'

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here are all Marvel's upcoming Phase 4 movies and TV shows

By Devan Coggan
July 22, 2019 at 07:48 PM EDT
FBTwitter

Loaded: 0%

YOU MIGHT LIKE
BILLY CRYSTAL AND DANNY DEVITO MADE KATE MULGREW CRACK UP ON THE SET OF ‘THROW MOMMA FROM THE TRAIN’
The Marvel Cinematic Universe went to Infinity, and now it’s going beyond.

Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home brought the studio’s Phase 3 to a close, with several beloved characters taking a bow and departing the franchise. (R.I.P., Tony, Cap, and Nat.) But the MCU is showing no signs of slowing down, and during Marvel Studios’ panel at San Diego Comic-Con this year, president Kevin Feige unveiled a massive upcoming slate, stretching to 2021 (and perhaps further).

EVERETT COLLECTIONL JASIN BOLAND/MARVEL STUDIOS 2017 (2)
Marvel’s Phase 4 includes both brand-new theatrical films and spin-off TV series on the upcoming streaming service Disney+ — with a mix of familiar faces and new characters alike. There are a few straightforward sequels in the works for heroes like Thor and Doctor Strange, while other characters (such as Loki, Black Widow, and Hawkeye) are finally stepping into the spotlight with their own solo projects. There’s no big group team-up movie to anchor the franchise, the way the Avengers films did in the past, and instead Phase 4 looks to be a collection of individual stories, all interconnecting.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
It also looks to be a deeply weird and ambitious phase. As the MCU has grown, Marvel has started to venture into stranger, trippier territory, and Phase 4 promises magic, multiverses, and general interstellar adventure. (Just look at the film title Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — that’s pure comic book craziness, and I, for one, am here for it.) This is a franchise that started with a story about a man building a high-tech suit of armor, and it’s since evolved into a galaxy-spanning macrocosm that includes time travel, Infinity Stones, and talking raccoons. Phase 4 looks to explore that universe even further, while also venturing into some previously unexplored corners.

Below, we round up everything we know about Marvel’s future plans.

Black Widow (May 1, 2020)

©MARVEL STUDIOS 2019
Black Widow may have met her end in Endgame, but Scarlett Johansson is reprising her role as the morally complicated spy in a solo movie. The character has appeared in multiple Marvel films over the last decade, beginning with Iron Man 2, but Black Widow (directed by Cate Shortland) puts her front and center.

“Where we find Natasha in her life at this point is very specific,” Johansson told EW at Comic-Con. “She really is in a dark place where she’s got no one to call and nowhere to go. She’s really grappling with her own self. When something huge explodes and all the pieces are landing, you have that moment of stillness where you don’t know what to do next — that’s the moment that she’s in. In that moment, you actually have to face yourself.”

Joining Johansson are Florence Pugh as a fellow assassin named Yelena Belova and Rachel Weisz as a woman named Malena, who has also been through the grueling Black Widow training program multiple times. The Handmaid’s Tale star O-T Fagbenle also appears as a fixer named Mason, who he says has a long history with Natasha. Also in the cast is Stranger ThingsDavid Harbour, who plays Alexei Shostakov, a.k.a. the Red Guardian, a costumed hero created by the Russians as a communist counterpart to Captain America.

So who will Black Widow be facing off against? Footage shown at Comic-Con revealed that the film’s primary villain is Taskmaster, a notorious mercenary and villain who, in the comics, can perfectly replicate any fight move he sees. Is one of the known cast members hiding under Taskmaster’s mask, or is it an actor we haven’t met yet? We’ll have to wait to find out.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (fall 2020)

MARVEL STUDIOS/KOBAL/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK (2)
The Marvel Cinematic Universe will soon be coming to the small screen. The Mouse House is launching its Disney+ streaming service in November 2019, featuring both archival content and new shows and movies. Marvel is hard at work on several new miniseries, starting with Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Scheduled to debut in fall 2020, the series will follow Mackie’s Sam Wilson (now carrying Captain America’s shield) and Stan’s Bucky Barnes, as they team up against Daniel Brühl’s Baron Zemo. We last saw Brühl’s baddie in Captain America: Civil War, and in a pretaped video message shown at Comic-Con, the actor revealed that Zemo is alive and well — and he wanted to “say hello to some old friends.” (The footage shown at Comic-Con also included a flash of Zemo in his familiar purple mask from the comics.)

The Eternals (Nov. 6, 2020)

ALBERT L. ORTEGA/GETTY IMAGES
There may be no new Avengers films on the schedule, but the MCU is introducing a new superhero squad. The Rider’s Chloe Zhao is directing The Eternals, about a group of ancient immortal beings watching over the Earth. Comics legend Jack Kirby created them in the ’70s, when he returned to Marvel after a brief time at DC Comics, and the 2020 film will follow the group’s clash against their longtime nemeses, the Deviants.

The cast includes Angelina Jolie as Thena, Richard Madden as Icarus, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, Salma Hayek as Ajak, Lia McHugh as Sprite, and Don Lee as the big bad Gilgamesh.

“It’s about this group of incredible immortals,” Zhao teased at Comic-Con, “but through their journey, we really get to explore what it means to be human and humanity on our time on this planet.”

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Feb. 12, 2021)

CHRIS DELMAS/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
In 2021, Marvel will release its first film about a superhero of Asian descent. Meet Shang-Chi, a martial arts master played by Simu Liu. Liu is best known for his role on the Canadian sitcom Kim’s Convenience, and he’ll be starring in The Legend of the Ten Rings with Awkwafina and Tony Leung. Awkwafina’s role has yet to be announced, but Yeung will be playing the notorious Marvel supervillain the Mandarin. (Not the fake Mandarin we met in Iron Man 3 — the real one.)

WandaVision (spring 2021)

©MARVEL STUDIOS 2018
Paul Bettany’s Vision may have died in Avengers: Infinity War, but he’ll still be appearing with Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch in the new Disney+ series WandaVision. It remains to be seen what the series will actually be about, but Olsen has promised that “it’s going to get weird.

The show will also find Wanda Maximoff and Vision teaming up with Monica Rambeau. The character made her debut as a child in Captain Marvel, but in WandaVision, she’ll be all grown up and played by Teyonah Parris.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 7, 2021)

JAY MAIDMENT/MARVEL STUDIOS; ZADE ROSENTHAL/MARVEL STUDIOS
Speaking of Scarlet Witch, Olsen will also be starring opposite Benedict Cumberbatch in 2021’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Original Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson is returning for that one, and he promises that it’ll be “the first scary MCU film,” pitting Cumberbatch’s egotistical physician against all sorts of cosmic horrors.

Cumberbatch has said that although Strange was largely an authoritative, confident figure in Infinity War and Endgame, Multiverse of Madness will disarm the character and present him with some unexpected challenges. And according to Feige, the events of WandaVision will directly tie into the film.

Loki (spring 2021)

CHUCK ZLOTNICK/©MARVEL STUDIOS 2018
Throughout the MCU, Tom Hiddleston’s mischievous Loki has served as both universe-threatening antagonist and reluctant ally, but now he’s getting a story of his own. The Loki we all know and love died at the hands of Thanos in Infinity War, but the new Disney+ series follows the Loki who nicked the Tesseract and disappeared after the Avengers went back in time in Endgame.

“The question I get asked more than any other question in Endgame was, where did Loki go, and what happened to Loki?” Feige said at Comic-Con. “This series will answer where he went.”

According to Hiddleston, this Loki hasn’t yet become the sympathetic figure in Thor: Ragnarok; he’s still the narcissist and bad guy we met in 2012’s The Avengers. “There’s a lot of psychological evolution that is still yet to happen,” Hiddleston said.

What If…? (summer 2021)

ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY IMAGES
The MCU is getting animated. Marvel Comics has a long history of exploring alternate realities through its What If…? comics line, and now the MCU is doing the same through a new Disney+ series.

The show will explore ideas like “What if Peggy Carter picked up Steve’s shield to become Captain America?” and it’ll include the voices of returning Marvel stars like Michael B. Jordan, Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, Hayley Atwell, Chadwick Boseman, Karen Gillan, Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Neal McDonough, Dominic Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Natalie Portman.

Westworld’s Jeffrey Wright is also lending his voice as the Watcher, an alien being who observes different story lines throughout the multiverse.

Hawkeye (fall 2021)

©2016 MARVEL
Jeremy Renner is once again picking up Hawkeye’s quiver for a new Disney+ series. The show will follow Clint Barton as he trains a young Kate Bishop as his sharpshooting protegé, and based on the artwork Marvel teased at Comic-Con, it may be inspired by Matt Fraction and David Aja’s acclaimed solo comics run of the same name.

Now, fingers crossed that the show includes an appearance by Lucky the Pizza Dog.

Thor: Love and Thunder (Nov. 5, 2021)

JASIN BOLAND/MARVEL STUDIOS
Crank up the Led Zeppelin: Thor: Ragnarok’s Taika Waititi is returning to direct a new adventure with the Asgardian god of thunder. The aptly named Love and Thunder will hit theaters in 2021 and feature the return of both Chris Hemsworthas Thor and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Plus, as Thompson revealed at Comic-Con, the film will confirm Valkyrie’s status as the first openly LGBTQ superhero in the MCU.

Also joining the cast is Natalie Portman, who will be returning as Jane Foster. This time, however, she’ll be wielding Thor’s hammer Mjölnir herself. Waititi has said the story will be inspired by Jason Aaron’s comic book series, which followed Jane as she took on the Asgardian god’s powers and transformed into the Mighty Thor.

Blade (release date TBD)

CHRIS DELMAS/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
With all the news that Marvel dropped during its 2019 Comic-Con panel, perhaps the most unexpected and exciting was the announcement that Mahershala Aliwill be playing a new version of Blade. According to Feige, Ali called Marvelafter he won his second Oscar (for Green Book) and told them he’d be interested in tackling the iconic vampire hunter. Luckily for all of us, the studio immediately said yes.

The film does not yet have a director or release date.

Captain Marvel 2 (release date TBD)

©MARVEL STUDIOS 2019
Also in the works is a sequel to 2019’s Captain Marvel. A release date and director have yet to be announced, but Brie Larson will presumably be returning as the Air Force-pilot-turned-interstellar-superhero. Hopefully, a sequel means we’ll also see the return of Carol Danvers’ cat flerken, Goose.

Black Panther 2 (release date TBD)

©MARVEL STUDIOS 2018
Ryan Coogler is also returning to write and direct a sequel to 2018’s Black Panther, which is expected to start shooting in late 2019 or early 2020. There’s no release date yet, but the film will return to Wakanda and once again follow Chadwick Boseman’s righteous warrior-king T’Challa.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (release date TBD)

FILM FRAME/©MARVEL STUDIOS 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is also back on track. Original writer-director James Gunn was fired after old, offensive tweets resurfaced, but after he apologized and cast members rallied to his defense, Disney reinstated him in March.

The new Guardians isn’t on the Marvel release schedule yet, but Gunn is expected to go into production on the film after he wraps Warner Bros. and DC’s Suicide Squad sequel.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
incrediblehulk.jpg

As a true comic connoisseur, one who owns several first editions, collectors editions, etc. including a CGC 8.5 Lobo #1. (if you do not know what I'm referring to, then just accept my comic prowess) I felt the need to exit the lurker dungeon to address this craziness. 1st, I have no stake in the game. Meaning, I like watching comic based movies period, DC and Marvel. I'm hopeful that some of the others (yes, there are other comic creators) will begin developing films.

But, getting to my point.....2008's Hulk is worst than ANY DCU movie period. No debate. If anyone says it wasn't a MCU movie, then you must exit this conversation and allow the adults to speak. Additionally, when it comes to lack luster films, one could also easily talk about Iron Man 2, Age of Ultron, and a couple of other very non memorable films. Please do not bring up revenue, because awards and money has never been a true measure of quality or greatness. Eminem has sold more albums, won more awards, and made more money than most of your favorite artists, is he in your playlist? Not mine. Conversely, Jimmy Hendricks, Tupac, B.I.G., Run DMC, Chuck Berry, and Diana Ross never won a grammy and some on this list were never rich rich.

Now, time for the rant and Coldchi, this isn't directed at you brother. This is a jovial rant from years of reading and watching some of the millionaires of bgol become bandwagon comic fans. When did it become the thing to dick ride a production company? MCU is the Rebranded production company of Marvel who finally got it right. And man, did they ever get it right. Someone must have made a deal with the devil. But, whether you agree or not, Marvel has put out movies prior to the MCU. We can get into semantics, we can talk "creative control" etc., however, the fact remains that movies like Howard the Duck were made in partnership with Marvel allowing Marvel to use other studios to create the films. Fact is, DC Comics had its film run, now its Marvel's turn. Enjoy it. I am always quite amused how we are so excited about Jews and other mayo executives making money off of these movies. True Cognitive Dissonance.

Lastly, let me be the first to say and I hope I'm quoted in the future.....Joker will be the best comic based movie of the year. It may not make as much money as "put your favorite movie here." But, it will have true longevity and will live long in the lore of comic greatness.

As I run full speed back into the lurker's dungeon let me say that Maliah Michel is fat. Cherokee is sloppy, and Bria is.......(slams lurker dungeon door)
Just felt like bumping this post and my reply from a year ago because of the other Joker thread. I remember catching so much heat because of my then unpopular opinion.

This post aged well like fine wine.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Just felt like bumping this post and my reply from a year ago because of the other Joker thread. I remember catching so much heat because of my then unpopular opinion.

This post aged well like fine wine.
first of all, watch what you say about Cherokee.

Hulk is not worse than BvS. I will never forgive that movie.

but i did enjoy Joker more than End Game. The end of End Game was great, but everything before that kind of bored me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

but i did enjoy Joker more than End Game. The end of End Game was great, but everything before that kind of bored me.

WHAT!?!??!?!?!?!?!

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
WHAT!?!??!?!?!?!?!
it did, the beginning was cool, but the middle part dragged. Im not saying i hated it or didn't understand it. I know it was necessary and they had a story to tell. Movie can't be all action, but i just wasn't impressed with most of it. Now if i rewatch the movie like i have several times, i woudln't fast forward anything.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
it did, the beginning was cool, but the middle part dragged. Im not saying i hated it or didn't understand it. I know it was necessary and they had a story to tell. Movie can't be all action, but i just wasn't impressed with most of it. Now if i rewatch the movie like i have several times, i woudln't fast forward anything.

So it doesn't bore you anymore

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

Sorry, BvS was actually better than both Hulk movies as well as all of the Fantastic Four movies and the last couple of X-Men movies.

However, I still will watch all of them because I like comic books vies and my sons love watching comic book movies as well.

I agree with you on Endgame. What has people so drawn into Endgame is the brilliant cinematography. One can not deny the great CGI, colors, and music. This is what makes it hard for other comic movies to compete.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Sorry, BvS was actually better than both Hulk movies as well as all of the Fantastic Four movies and the last couple of X-Men movies.

However, I still will watch all of them because I like comic books vies and my sons love watching comic book movies as well.

I agree with you on Endgame. What has people so drawn into Endgame is the brilliant cinematography. One can not deny the great CGI, colors, and music. This is what makes it hard for other comic movies to compete.

life long comic reader here since 1984.

nigga please.

BvS is one of the worst comic movies ever made. Ang Lee's Hulk was before its time and is a good movie. People just wanted to see HULK SMASH. I'm grown. I got it. X-Men DOFP and FC are the best of the X-Men series, hands down. BvS doesn't even come close.

Endgame was a masterpiece. It was the culmination of a 20+ movie sequel. The fact the they pulled that off is a miracle.

Your opinion on BvS negates any comic cred you have. That wasn't just a bad comic movie. It was a bad movie overall from a number of angles. I don't have the time to get into it. After all the promise that Man of Steel promised ugh, don't get me started. And Man of Steel was another great movie, btw.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
You honestly can not say that Dark Phoenix was a great movie. It wasn't the worse, but definitely wasn't great. The Logan movie was by far my favorite X-men movie.

Additionally, me saying that I liked BvS better than both Hulk movies as well as all of the Fantastic Four movies does not mean I did not enjoy the movies. It only means I just like BvS better. I just like darker comics. BvS was far from perfect or even a great movie. The Martha part is cringeworthy. But, it was entertaining nonetheless. Now, the JL movie is another conversation.

Endgame was great. Never said it wasn't. But, it wasn't the best movie ever made. It had multiple plot holes as well as inconsistencies of the characters. Still, it is really good.

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
You honestly can not say that Dark Phoenix was a great movie. It wasn't the worse, but definitely wasn't great. The Logan movie was by far my favorite X-men movie.

Additionally, me saying that I liked BvS better than both Hulk movies as well as all of the Fantastic Four movies does not mean I did not enjoy the movies. It only means I just like BvS better. I just like darker comics. BvS was far from perfect or even a great movie. The Martha part is cringeworthy. But, it was entertaining nonetheless. Now, the JL movie is another conversation.

Endgame was great. Never said it wasn't. But, it wasn't the best movie ever made. It had multiple plot holes as well as inconsistencies of the characters. Still, it is really good.

Any X-Men movie based around Jean Grey ended up being terrible in addition to being horribly miscast. They had such great source material and fucked it all up. Keep in mind i mentioned DOFP and FC. Logan was also great. Those were legit X-Movies. I didn't mention any others. The rest are meh to me.

All of the Fantastic Four movies are not great. The last one had promise but they fucked up the script. JL and BvS are awful and were just an attempt to speed up the process that Marvel laid out over 20+ movies. Dumb strategy.

I also prefer the darker comic movies. But a bad movie is a bad movie. I want to see the Snyder cut of BvS since that is allegedly what the original vision was. What was released is an awful movie.