Marques Brownlee.. Reflecting on the Color of My Skin

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's a very true statement and that is why we have to diversify and increase our numbers in certain spaces.
Say this shit loud. As I got older I understand the need for Jack and Jill type groups to provide black interactions with isolated folks.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
omg1.jpg
I would have been shocked if he WASN'T with a white girl to be honest.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
His circle is tech. You know how many fine ass Black engineers, doctors and scientist are looking for young eligible Black men?
He chose basic and white.

Miss me with the excuses on surrounding. What his mom didn't exist as a model?

He is the best at what he does though.
*Disclaimer: I never considered white girls long term anything.

Circle in this case isn't field of work, its social circles. In my case, I drifted away from some friends because I worked for myself. I ended up making more money than them, and my problems weren't their problems (per say). Without a "routine" I found myself in a different space than the people I grew up with. Hanging out and where we hung out wasn't necessarily something they had time for. Traveling wasn't either. The women I fucked with were in my social circle... strippers, wanna be models, and randoms. None of which were worth me dedicating time to. So if Marques hooked up with a white girl, it could be a phase or could be his preference. :dunno:

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Leave it to the BGOL contrarians. Calling a young black self-made black man a coon. Dude risked his whole brand to make a statement and you still call him a coon. And we wonder why more people don't speak up, this is why. There is no pleasing some of you fools.

Dude does everything you would want a young black man to do so what if he fucks a Becky, hell we all have or would fuck a becky 1st chance we get.

Go back to your role models like Dame Dash and the weed man 3 doors down in the brick house.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Same as all girls...Opportunity
And the forum — specifically this thread that females looking to live off their ovaries are simply not interested in a corny brother. He’s so smart but he can’t find a black woman to like. This is the same corny excuse given to Stevie wonder and their ilk.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As I type this, I'm listening to the video now. Here are my thoughts.

-It's good that he is sharing some of his reality. He's been good at being focused on doing videos only on his brand.

-We as listeners are at different stages in how we feel and how we wish we could see other people respond (for example, at one point in time, my uncle disliked Pres. Obama simply b/c he wanted to see Pres. Obama verbally bitch slap his critiques). That impacts how we take Marques' video.

-Based on comments, I'm thinking a lot of you don't know people in tech or been around some of those companies. Yes, it is dominated by people who are white (and I would say, Asian) but gotdayum I have seen a whole lot of fine women all different colors, especially Black, at these companies. Marques being more free in how he moves, that doesn't mean he is surrounded by typical work force employees at all.

-Black folks have been involved in sports other than Basketball and Football since time, it's sad to see comments that are judging him based on what physical activity he does. Hell, even this statement is an assumption and I really do hope I am wrong for it but I don't think so.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As I type this, I'm listening to the video now. Here are my thoughts.

-It's good that he is sharing some of his reality. He's been good at being focused on doing videos only on his brand.

-We as listeners are at different stages in how we feel and how we wish we could see other people respond (for example, at one point in time, my uncle disliked Pres. Obama simply b/c he wanted to see Pres. Obama verbally bitch slap his critiques). That impacts how we take Marques' video.

-Based on comments, I'm thinking a lot of you don't know people in tech or been around some of those companies. Yes, it is dominated by people who are white (and I would say, Asian) but gotdayum I have seen a whole lot of fine women all different colors, especially Black, at these companies. Marques being more free in how he moves, that doesn't mean he is surrounded by typical work force employees at all.

-Black folks have been involved in sports other than Basketball and Football since time, it's sad to see comments that are judging him based on what physical activity he does. Hell, even this statement is an assumption and I really do hope I am wrong for it but I don't think so.

The only person that spoke about the sports he played in this thread is me.

And it was far from “Judging” him. It was to display what types of circles he’d run into playing those specific sports.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the funny shit ! These dudes want black men to live up to the tattooed, buck negro stereotype. I'm a big dude, but I had to explain to my wife one time that at my size people have this preconceived notion that somehow I'm always ready for a fight, or they size me up, when in reality I just want to chill in prospect park listening to potishead.
Bruh I feel ya, being a big dude most of my adult life, every time I walk in a room especially with white folks first thing that come out of their mouth is do I play for the Bears..smh lol you always have to be aware of your demeanor, try not to intimidate to make these white folks feel uncomfortable. Then after I have a conversation with them, they be like you are so nice. Smh!

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
it's so much bullshit in this thread.. I work in IT. I've been going to tech conferences all over this country for 20 years

Defcon/Black Hat.....VMworld...Microsoft..Cisco connect.

them shits be full of black women. Full of black men with their black wives.

If you go to one of these events and don't get no pussy then you just don't want none.

i swear to God some of you niggas are dumb as a box of rocks.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh I feel ya, being a big dude most of my adult life, every time I walk in a room especially with white folks first thing that come out of their mouth is do I play for the Bears..smh lol you always have to be aware of your demeanor, try not to intimidate to make these white folks feel uncomfortable. Then after I have a conversation with them, they be like you are so nice. Smh!

“The Bears”?

Are they trying to insinuate that you suck? :lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it's so much bullshit in this thread.. I work in IT. I've been going to tech conferences all over this country for 20 years

If you go to one of these events and don't get no pussy then you just don't want none.

It appears that Marques works in a higher level of “Tech” than you and he stated out of his own mouth that he’s usually the only Black person at the majority of entities that he interacts with.

So I guess you’d be the one that’s dumb as rocks

giphy.gif

HellBoy

Platinum Member

You wont see Marques at Black Hat, Splunk, ServiceNow or any IT conferences.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
You wont see Marques at Black Hat, Splunk, ServiceNow or any IT conferences.
i'm fine with that..i'm speaking to the general IT culture. People act like like if you are in IT there are no black women around that we all date white women.

Is it disproportionately skewed white? yep. But there are plenty of black people in IT. Male and female.

Last edited:

HellBoy

Platinum Member
i'm fine with that..i'm speaking to the general IT culture. People act like like if you are in IT there are no black women around that we all date white women.

Is it disproportionately screwed white? yep. But there are plenty of black people in IT. Male and female.
True, there are a lot of us in the field. I make it my business to talk to anyone black at conferences, if possible. The company ACTIAN had an employee rep at the ServiceNow conference a couple years ago that was just my speed. I swear if I didn't have a family to go home to I would have asked her out. So its not hard to date black in IT, but this convo was about MKBHD's niche.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Is it disproportionately screwed white? yep. But there are plenty of black people in IT. Male and female.

Just curious, where are you located? I probably need to relocate.

In Ohio, I have only ever worked directly with one Black female in tech, maybe known of two others. Maybe 4 or 5 other Black men. This is with a 13 year career.

I will admit, I don't really go to conferences all like that, I've been only a few throughout my career. However, the few I've been to only once has there ever been one other black person.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Just curious, where are you located? I probably need to relocate.

In Ohio, I have only ever worked directly with one Black female in tech, maybe known of two others. Maybe 4 or 5 other Black men. This is with a 13 year career.

I will admit, I don't really go to conferences all like that, I've been only a few throughout my career. However, the few I've been to only once has there ever been one other black person.
I'm in Memphis..there's plenty of black people in the field around here. Now right now Im the only black
person in my shop.. but it wasn't always like that. and to your point I've been on business trips where I didn't see another black person for days lol.. but it's not like that to much nowadays

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
This is such a ridiculous statement. Have you ever taken an American history class? Some of the stuff allegedly done by European settlers is mind blowing. It seems like their behavior since arriving here has been appalling against non Europeans.

For a black man to date a white woman in America says my American history teachers can suck a dick. We care where you stick your dick because that’s where you’re going to spend most of your time unless you’re wilt chamberlain (and you know his feelings about black women). Nevertheless, where you spend your time is is clear indication on what you like and what you dislike. And if you choose to spend your time around people with a penchant for evolutionary genocidal procedures then yeah I’m going to put it out there and i say I may not like you.
So because he fuckin a white chic he's somehow been excluded from the experiences that come with being a black man in America?

I'm not getting into no drawn out war of words... just answer the question...

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So because he fuckin a white chic he's somehow been excluded from the experiences that come with being a black man in America?

I'm not getting into no drawn out war of words... just answer the question...
Reverse your question. How can experience what he has experienced and still fuck with a white woman?