Manhattan empty apartments reach record high

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Them crakkkas know what the fuck they doin. My brother lives down there and he said the EXACT same thing you said. :smh:

o5IxMg.jpg
Yes they do. These city planners know how to get the existing renters and owners out. Probably got a line of consultants and other city planners across the country have successfully executed on neighborhood takeovers. 5,10,15 year plans laid out. Line the pockets of the aldermen and state reps, make real investments into mayoral campaigns, place various surrogates on city boards, school boards, oh yeah, executed. But usually they wait until the area is burned to a crisp with no hope of return and come swoop in, get it for cheap. Question is though, do you blame 'em? Cheap land, clean slate, money opportunity, leave a legacy behind for your children "See Billy, 30 years ago, I had a vision, now its yours". Can't go doing that shit too much in Manhattan; new construction down there cost millions. Where some see blight, others see opportunity. I'm too impatient, bought in an upcoming area, things did get better, but I had my first kid and I wasn't willing to wait it out while the area improved. Since I moved out property values have literally doubled in 6 years. This is the area around the United Center in Chicago. Chicago niggas know what I'm talking about.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
As soon as the price drops in some of these cities Black people will come flowing back in. Cacs are finding out that The gentrification bullshit ain’t worth it

Last edited:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
White Flight V2.0 is happening similar to what happened in the late 1960s and early 1970s when the Federal and State Govts started enforcing Brown V. Board and the Civil Rights Bill.

And you older cats remember what happened to the cities when they left. The jobs went with them and the cities turned into wastelands which helped the Drug War explode bringing in the Crack epidemic into the Black community in the 1980s.

And we all know what happened later.

For the past 20 years, White folks got tired of the long commutes for work into the cities from the suburbs and rural areas having 2 hour commutes one way. They also wanted to have full access to the amenities that cities had like nightlife, theaters, museums, parks, etc.

And that brought in Gentrification into the cities with White folks moving in and renovating areas that were dead bringing in their coffee shops, yoga studios, art galleries. The communities changed with infrastructure being improved, schools being invested in, improved response from 9/11 along with other things.

Then this virus popped up and threw a wrench into shit. Folks were quarantined and stuck in their little 700 sq. ft. apartment. They had no storage for extra food and supplies. There was no room for their kids to play or conduct other activities. And the apartments were not setup to have seperate living space, space for home schooling and to have a home office to work at home.

Now that employers have discovered they can have their employees work at home and get more productivity out of them. There is no need to live in a cramp inner city apartment.

They can now relocate back to the suburbs and get themselves a large 2500 sq. ft two story home with plenty of rooms for living space, home school and a home office. Plenty of space to store extra food and supplies for large freezers/fridges in the garage. And a large backyard for children to run and play secure and safe.

In the Bay Area where mofos in the tech sector making 500k/yr and unable to find someplace to live. They can now relocate out of state like Reno, NV or Boise, ID making their salaries and living like the Rockerfellers.

They can always come back to the city staying at a Air BnB, hotel or with a friend or relative when they get the urge for some city life.

ALL of this. Its good reading someone noticing the same thing. I was waiting for another downturn to get a property "on sale" in the Bay, but this Coronavirus is adding a new dimension. Without work being geographical, things get less predictable.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've had customers looking out for me to check on apartments in their buildings by Union Square where I work.
I've been hearing about people moving out around that area for the last few weeks now.
Though I have plenty of transit access living in Harlem,
I'm ready to step to a larger space now.
And to be a bit closer to work.

I've been telling people for the last few years that this shit was going to happen.
COVID19 and the various George Floyd Protests just sped up the reality.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've had customers looking out for me to check on apartments in their buildings by Union Square where I work.
I've been hearing about people moving out around that area for the last few weeks now.

I've been telling people for the last few years that this shit was going to happen.

You trying to get a bigger spot in the village? Usually apartments uptown have way more space.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You trying to get a bigger spot in the village? Usually apartments uptown have way more space.

There are quite a few large apartments in Greenwich Village and the Lower EastSide.
Been to quite a few of them over the decades due to Customer Party Invites, dinners, etc.
Newer apartments being built are way smaller in space these days.
But I feel that any Rent decrease will end up being minimal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Holla at me if you hear anything on a 2 bedroom fam.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
decreased... Like I said greed gonna cause the collapse and fire sale for downtown condos and property... Jewrific

we discussed this AWHILE ago

I was telling dudes on here there were spots available around the f*cking MET of all places

didn't make no sense till you started hipping me to the game on different levels

white folk moving, old folk dying leaving rent stabilized apartments available for the first time in decades, housing officials cracking down on landlords being shifty and shady rents were getting WAY to high etc etc

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
There's a lota vacancies in buildings by the MET right now?

we discussed this AWHILE ago

I was telling dudes on here there were spots available around the f*cking MET of all places

didn't make no sense till you started hipping me to the game on different levels

white folk moving, old folk dying leaving rent stabilized apartments available for the first time in decades, housing officials cracking down on landlords being shifty and shady rents were getting WAY to high etc etc

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Madison ave and 5th ave dying

and AGAIN you yelled this EARLY

Corona EXPOSED a WHOLE lot of business that BEEN teetering on failure

in fact a WHOLE lot of so called business experts millionaires and billionaires

who REGULARLY CRITICIZED PUBLICLY AND LOUDLY regular working folk

for having high credit debt, no savings, not "understanding" money...

notice is was SPECIFICALLY THEM crying loudest.

and then notice who THRIVED during this

or even just SURVIVED

so many of these so called rich folk were in SERIOUS debt had bad dealings leveraged as f*ck and didn't know how to adjust.

and had the NERVE to criticize working folk

(and large groups of working folk and especially "underground" hustlers have been doing well)

Last edited:

PaYpA

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn so, for someone that was considering moving to Atlanta what’s a good area to live in? What’s better condo/house/loft apartment complex?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
and AGAIN you celled this EARLY

Corona EXPOSED a WHOLE lot of business that BEEN teetering on failure

in fact a WHOLE lot of so called business experts millionaires and billionaires

who REGULARLY CRITICIZED PUBLICLY AND LOUDLY regular working folk

for having high credit debt, no savings, not "understanding" money...

notice is was SPECIFICALLY THEM crying loudest.

and then notice who THRIVED during this

or even just SURVIVED

so many of these so called rich folk were in SERIOUS debt had bad dealings leveraged as f*ck and didn't know how to adjust.

and had the NERVE to criticize working folk

(and large groups of working folk and especially "underground" hustlers have been doing well)
those rich cacs were product of the machine..once the machine was broken they no survival nonadapting ways kicked in.. Minorities was like ah more bad news well that's just another tues for us.. Than we said hey if I'm not dead I'll find a way to move pass another roadblock

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
those rich cacs were product of the machine..once the machine was broken they no survival nonadapting ways kicked in.. Minorities was like ah more bad news well that's just another tues for us.. Than we said hey if I'm not dead I'll find a way to move pass another roadblock

^^^^^^^

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
White Flight V2.0 is happening similar to what happened in the late 1960s and early 1970s when the Federal and State Govts started enforcing Brown V. Board and the Civil Rights Bill.

And you older cats remember what happened to the cities when they left. The jobs went with them and the cities turned into wastelands which helped the Drug War explode bringing in the Crack epidemic into the Black community in the 1980s.

And we all know what happened later.

For the past 20 years, White folks got tired of the long commutes for work into the cities from the suburbs and rural areas having 2 hour commutes one way. They also wanted to have full access to the amenities that cities had like nightlife, theaters, museums, parks, etc.

And that brought in Gentrification into the cities with White folks moving in and renovating areas that were dead bringing in their coffee shops, yoga studios, art galleries. The communities changed with infrastructure being improved, schools being invested in, improved response from 9/11 along with other things.

Then this virus popped up and threw a wrench into shit. Folks were quarantined and stuck in their little 700 sq. ft. apartment. They had no storage for extra food and supplies. There was no room for their kids to play or conduct other activities. And the apartments were not setup to have seperate living space, space for home schooling and to have a home office to work at home.

Now that employers have discovered they can have their employees work at home and get more productivity out of them. There is no need to live in a cramp inner city apartment.

They can now relocate back to the suburbs and get themselves a large 2500 sq. ft two story home with plenty of rooms for living space, home school and a home office. Plenty of space to store extra food and supplies for large freezers/fridges in the garage. And a large backyard for children to run and play secure and safe.

In the Bay Area where mofos in the tech sector making 500k/yr and unable to find someplace to live. They can now relocate out of state like Reno, NV or Boise, ID making their salaries and living like the Rockerfellers.

They can always come back to the city staying at a Air BnB, hotel or with a friend or relative when they get the urge for some city life.
It was mainly the younger generation moving out to the city. I work with plenty a white people 40 and above and they never had a thought in their head about moving from the end of long island. They do that
2-3 hr commute happily

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can believe it! You see new buildings going up & all I can think about it is...”Who’s going to be able to afford this and where are these people coming from?”
U have a lot of investors Over seas who buy them without ever even seeing them. Them buy them and hold them for the appreciation

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
rents rarely decrease, they just don't increase as fast.
this is what i feel generally across the board , it wont decrease much in most places maybe at most a10% deduction
I disagree with both of you if those apartments stay empty for a very long time especially in this funny economy those rent prices are going to drop

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah white people been slowly moving out of Atlanta I’m noticing that now they going back out into the suburbs or North Georgia. In Atlanta case is a whole bunch of things going on but one part of the puzzle is the mayor Telling black homeowners to truth.
Huh..no they not. Them fools all over downtown Midtown west Midtown. What are u talking about...