Man rents trailer, dumps 80,000 pennies on lawn to make final child support payment

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Petty as hell; no love lost is a vast understatement. :smh: :lol:

Dad dumps 80,000 pennies on mom's lawn as final child support payment. His daughter responds with kindness.
RICHMOND, Va. -- One Richmond family got a shocking delivery last month when 80,000 pennies were dumped on their front lawn. Now, they're using the money to help those in need.

"I just turned 18. When I was in the middle of class, my dad came by. He had rented a trailer," Avery Sanford, a Deep Run High School senior, said. "He pulled up in front of the house and turned the trailer on so it dumped out all the pennies on the grass and my mom came out and was like, 'What are you dumping in my yard?' She didn't know who it was until he shouted, 'It's your final child support payment."

The act had an impact on the teenager.
"It's not just my mom he's trying to embarrass, it's also me and my sister and it's upsetting that he didn't consider that before he did that," Sanford said.

Once the pennies were picked up, Sanford and her mom decided to turn a bad situation into a positive one.

Every penny of Avery's last child support payment will be donated to Safe Harbor, a domestic abuse center.

"Turning around and donating that money to moms and children in need, I feel like that really turns this situation into a positive. You can learn from it," Avery said.

Avery hasn't spoken to her father in years.
She said that the penny incident proved to her that she made the tough but right decision to stay clear. She said she had no interest in having a relationship with anyone who disrespected her mother.

"It's really hurtful and damaging to your kids when you do things like that. It doesn't matter if they're young or an adult, the actions of your parents will always have some effect on you," Avery said.

Avery's mother said she reported the incident to Henrico Police.

When reached by phone Tuesday, Avery's father said his actions were the result of 18 years of built-up frustration and his emotions got the best of him. He said the last thing he wanted to do was to put a further wedge between him and his daughter.

Last edited:

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I guess it may depend on the state...but I know somebody that had sent checks directly to his ex for several months and ended up in arrears with interest I believe because those direct checks were considered gifts, not payments by the court or whoever controls that shit. They had lived in AZ (where the divorce was done) and then NC... so not sure which state ruled that way.

I thought that you had to pay the court system and then the court sent the payment out.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depends on the relationship he has with them girls and how much the mother soured things between them.or..maybe he's just an asshole.i bet if it was boys he probably wouldn't have done that.

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He doesn't have to worry about ever having a relationship with his daughter now. When my relationship with my wife turned sour, I thought about doing shit like that, but as I grew, I realized that wasn't the way to handle stuff like that.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man he LOVED doing that shit.. especially the part when he told

her it was his LAST child support payment....

and she aint donate shit...

she used a non profit as free way to get them pennies off

her property..

she figured putting those pennies into penny rollers

was too much work for eight hundred dollars..

ol lazy ass.

LOL

she is slick tho, she told them daughters.. see how much

he loves YOU, flipped that shit and now he feeling

stupid because he daughters are mad at his ass....

that also just means he has no life.

a real dude wouldve just paid the money....

then that first check he didnt have to pay,

use that money to throw yourself a nice little party..

personally I wouldve saved up three months of child support

and take two vacations..

one just with the girls to let them know I will always be there for them..

and one just DOLO..... you KNOW what it is...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't know or care what beef he got with the mother...

YOU chose to lie with her

your KID doesn't deserve to see all that sh*t

and to make THAT kinda effort to be petty?

I doubt he put that much effort in trying to have an amicable relationship with HER for the benefit of the kid.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
I don't know or care what beef he got with the mother...

YOU chose to lie with her

your KID doesn't deserve to see all that sh*t

and to make THAT kinda effort to be petty?

I doubt he put that much effort in trying to have an amicable relationship with HER for the benefit of the kid.

I hear you, but from what the narrator says the kid chose not to speak to the father for years... There is always two side to the story.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hear you, but from what the narrator says the kid chose not to speak to the father for years... There is always two side to the story.

That's fine

Like you side we don't know EXACTLY why the kid stopped speaking to the "father "

Because if the supposed adult male role model mentor mature person in his life goes to the lengths to do THIS?

I feel like every bad thing the mother allegedly said about him...

must have been a gross understatement

As a father I can't agree with ANY of this with a kid, never.

And honestly even as a husband in a divorce

Why do this?

Clout? Internet infamy?

This ain't hoe or bitch sh*t cause women I know who have been abused molested by a man didn't even go to this extreme when they could have.

This modern culture embracing pettiness as a virtue is going to be a serious part of our continued spiral downward.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I guess it may depend on the state...but I know somebody that had sent checks directly to his ex for several months and ended up in arrears with interest I believe because those direct checks were considered gifts, not payments by the court or whoever controls that shit. They had lived in AZ (where the divorce was done) and then NC... so not sure which state ruled that way.
You can petition the court for either one. Depending on if you and your bm can agree on the arrangement.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As I've gotten older I've tried to stop making snap judgements based on one perspective. We don't know what kind of hell that woman and daughter may have put the man through. He could feel like a slave set free and wanted to celebrate. We have no idea what his motive is so I'm not clowning him or calling him names.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
That's fine

Like you side we don't know EXACTLY why the kid stopped speaking to the "father "

Because if the supposed adult male role model mentor mature person in his life goes to the lengths to do THIS?

I feel like every bad thing the mother allegedly said about him...

must have been a gross understatement

As a father I can't agree with ANY of this with a kid, never.

And honestly even as a husband in a divorce

Why do this?

Clout? Internet infamy?

This ain't hoe or bitch sh*t cause women I know who have been abused molested by a man didn't even go to this extreme when they could have.

This modern culture embracing pettiness as a virtue is going to be a serious part of our continued spiral downward.

Still... I hear you. But now you are throwing a lot of other unknowns, atrocities, and possibilities in there on a woman's behalf. We don't know if that kids is some seriously disrespectful little ass-hat, turned out because her mother sullied her vision of her father because of her pettiness.

In reference to clout, etc... The father wasn't the one that made that video and posted.

"This modern culture embracing pettiness as a virtue is going to be a serious part of our continued spiral downward."...very true. But just as true....This modern culture of blindly embracing the woman's point of view any time there is a dispute with a man is a serious part of the current spiral downward..

I'm not condoning what do did, but sometimes everything isn't as it seems...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Still... I hear you. But now you are throwing a lot of other unknowns, atrocities, and possibilities in there on a woman's behalf. We don't know if that kids is some seriously disrespectful little ass-hat, turned out because her mother sullied her vision of her father because of her pettiness.

In reference to clout, etc... The father wasn't the one that made that video and posted.

"This modern culture embracing pettiness as a virtue is going to be a serious part of our continued spiral downward."...very true. But just as true....This modern culture of blindly embracing the woman's point of view any time there is a dispute with a man is a serious part of the current spiral downward..

I'm not condoning what do did, but sometimes everything isn't as it seems...

you 100%

but bro it don;t matter WHO video taped it it was TAPED IT WAS PUBLICLY SEEN

HE DID THIS FOR ATTENTION.

PERIOD

I don't care what his kid did or his baby mama did.

As a MAN this is NOT the way

this is not how you lead by example.

If he could go to THAT length to do that f*ck shit?

then that man should have the skills to better resolve any disagreements he had with her or his child

or just NOT.

just act like they dead then

Because THIS?

Only breeds more anger resentment hurt embarrassment.

Trust bro I UNDERSTAND what POSSIBLY this man might have went through we ALL heard the horror stories

I worked in a shelter with dudes who got DESTROYED off some messed off divorce etc

But THIS ?

nah NOTHING that kid did deserved that.

but PLEASE allow me this little extra extra

there GONNA be a day that father is going to want to reconnect with his son...

I seen MANY times

and if that now man himself HATES his father forever for that or becomes a horrible person who marks THAT specific movement as a turning point

was it worth it?

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
dude did all that over an $800 payment

800 dollars to lose the respect of your daughter, prolly forever. :smh: