Man... I'm 28 min 19 sec Into Kevin Hart's New Netflix Special 'No F**ks Given' & I Literally Haven't Laughed or Even Smirked Once

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
PsiBorg
Some comedians are funny and some are silly. Patrice O'Neal was one of the most funniest MoFos ever. Dave Chappelle is Funny. Katt Williams is funny.

Kevin never was funny to me. He's in the silly department along with Mike Epps, and Marlon Wayans. You couldn't pay me to watch Kevin Hart doing stand-up. But, I'll watch some of his movies.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I've honestly never found his stand up to be funny:dunno:

I find him funny overall especially in interviews qnd things of that nature but I've felt the way you're feeling now when watching all of his specials.

Yeah. Like when he was on the Foxx Hole and was roasting Jamie.. he was hilarious.. he's good in interviews... I always thought his standups were weak but they aren't even watchable now. I couldn't even get through 5 minutes of the last one..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You know what?

I think Kevin needs to forgive JT Jackson

cause Kevin has done much worse excoriation to Netflix with these so called comedy specials.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
At this point, I'm only finishing it out of morbid curiosity... shit is weak as fuck.

Bruh.... You literally took the words out my mouth. I watched it yesterday and may have chuckled once or twice the entire special. It was pure trash... He robbed Netflix (actually the subscribers) for millions for a sub par comedy show.

sneakerpimp325

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
It wasn’t bad. Especially since every comic is clipped in terms of getting the normal reps in for shooting a special. With no covid, he’s hitting the road to work it out.

I also look at it like he’s 8 albums in and most people feel like his first 2 was his best 2. That’s also understandable because that’s when he was coming up. So he was hungry financially. By album 8, dude is paid and he’s not a social commentary comic like a Dave or Patrice or even Katt so his range of jokes have always been his kids and family life.

Kevin is the guy that’s gonna say some silly shit, say some catchphrases and call it a day.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read that yesterday...

This bitch
e810efe4356581eacca13973fb02a3078e-kathry-vanarendonk-2019.2x.rsquare-zoom.w125.jpg

sounded like she wanted to beat the shit out of Kevin! :roflmao:
Karen ain't lie one time, but she did sound like she had a score to settle with the nigga though. :lol:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
First two special where funny, his material about his disfunctional family was his best, after he got all he could out of that all that was left was a short goofy rich guy with not a lot to say. But shit his lane is movies now and I'll say that he's pretty funny in things like jumanji so he'll be fine I'm sure.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The last half was better

is that dice in your back pocket

BOP

like the 7am bike ride and how he came back to the daywalker bit

boxing vaseline...headgear

protesters with one arm

Im gonna wipe you good....gotta get it out man...imagine how I feel....this is my first famous ass

I thought it was better than his last couple

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
If young whites find him funny that's all he needs at this point...he don't need the Black vote no mo.

Bruh, you got that right!! Thats what happens when you sellout!! Your out to please a whole different group of viewers!! When you see these so called entertainers on mainstream media selling brut, javon, avon and old spice products that your grandfather wore.. Thats your first sign they have soldout and if you look enuf you can notice certain signs are thrown on the tv or media/social media platforms!! And they are going to do and say whatever his handlers put in front of him

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You right on!! The sad thing is, you can see his handicaps when he preforms!!
It's weird that a comedian as seasoned as he is can't tell when to let a joke go. It's like he thinks that repeating the same gag will get funnier the more he says it, but it actually just gets increasingly more awkward with the crowd forcing laughter. Like niggaaaa... shit wasn't that funny in the first place; it damn sure ain't funnier in the third place.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lol saw it last night and thought it was weak sauce I was wondering when somebody was gonna make a thread on it

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
It's weird that a comedian as seasoned as he is can't tell when to let a joke go. It's like he thinks that repeating the same gag will get funnier the more he says it, but it actually just gets increasingly more awkward with the crowd forcing laughter. Like niggaaaa... shit wasn't that funny in the first place; it damn sure ain't funnier in the third place.

Oh, he knows that shit aint funny.. But to keep getting that check he gotta repeat those lines and keep showing up for those dead ass old spice 15min commercials!! You know how the game is played..

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
I watched it.

It made me chuckle a couple of times. (The 7am dick sucking whore bit) made me laugh.

But for the most part, he stayed in his comfort zone, talking about his family and fame.

2020 has been such a year....and he chose not to tackle any of it. (He spoke on having COVID, but it wasn’t really funny)

He’s a “safe” comedian, meaning you know what you’re going to see when you see him.

And that’s why you can never put him in the same space as a Chapelle. Cause I don’t know where Dave is going next. Sometimes it wouldn’t be a joke, just some real shit, and I’m still hooked.

Yet Kev refuses to take that chance and as a result, his routine is getting boring

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She spent so much time harping on the Oscars situation and reiterating how bad his response was and how inept his apologies were. I think that she's probably a rainbow flag Karen of the variety that was mad Dave Chappelle for his special
Sounded like he buttfucked her raw with no lube and she still mad about the situation... she used his standup as a front on what she really wanted to say about him

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Some bullshit...I'm not laughing just cause he's successful, but that's what they are betting on :smh: shits sad, I guess when you making money you stop giving a fuck, he gone have to do better than this next time to get me to waste my time again...but I'm sure his diehard fans won't care.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was never funny to me or anyone i know. He's appealing, like SNL members. Nobody laughs at SNL or at the late show monologues from Conan to Leno. They aren't famous because they're funny; they are famous because they are marketable. Prime example is Will Smith could do a Netflix special and it would get more views than any actual comedian and he's not remotely capable of doing it BUT people like Will. Same for Tracy Morgan--NOT funny but likable enough to put in movies. Hart is a terrible standup but box office gold so they industry has to keep him out there for his movies not his standup.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He never was that funny and I think he needs to focus on acting fulltime.

Funny his best movies were done with Dame Dash lol just don't let him know that.

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
Not the biggest Kevin Hart fan but dude was made for Network TV. He's a good actor that can hold down a show for an half hour.
The problem with Kevin is that viewing habits have changed and sitcoms are no longer the norm. He not a quick hitter shock joker and he he can get tiring in long formats like movies. It like South Park. Great for an half hour and shitty if you have to watch farty pooty jokes after two hours.

He's already done a mock reality show that made fun of himself. I think late night comedy would be a good look for him but that seems to be white boy territory even though a network CBS could use a star like Kevin.

Kevin had to take the Netflix money but I think Kevin would be much better suited for TV or Vegas were he can work out the bugs before he presents to the public. Niggas are forgetting about when Dave first came back to stand. I live in a city were a lot of comedians have done their "beta" shows and Chappelle bombed when he first came back after his layoff.

People were saying he was washed just like they say Eddie was washed. Kevin has plenty of talent, he just needs a vehicle that displays his talent in the correct manner. Im not a big fan but I know dude still has talent.