Magic Johnson Out Here Coppin Pleas

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
He did it to clear his name,which he did a decent job of doing and now lets see what the lakers will do under the control of someone who thought he could do better.Good luck Lakers and their fans....Lebron will be a NY knickerbocker after the storm

At 38 years old?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
The stans couldnt wait to trash Magic too when this first popped off. :smh: The stans idols dont address white supremacy or politics in or out the NBA so they ignore it too. Plus it was another opportunity to trash LeBron and blame him.

Magic just admitted that running the Lakers wasn't a priority. What do you think the shareholders at apple would say if Tim Cook said "I have other business interests that take priority and I make more money running than apple, but I'm still the decider here."

Who signed that team? Who let Lopez walk, traded Zubac for nothing? Drafted 2 slow footed CAC's last year? If that wasn't his call then he should say that also.

How does Magic doing this help your boy recruit players? Like I said, would you put up with this bullshit just to play with Lebron and a roster of nobodies?

The entire front office is a travesty, with the Rambis family acting like the shit is game of thrones to Rob acting like littlefinger and shit. I just wish he would have waited until some of the smoke cleared before he threw this grenade.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Magic just admitted that running the Lakers wasn't a priority. What do you think the shareholders at apple would say if Tim Cook said "I have other business interests that take priority and I make more money running than apple, but I'm still the decider here."

Who signed that team? Who let Lopez walk, traded Zubac for nothing? Drafted 2 slow footed CAC's last year? If that wasn't his call then he should say that also.

How does Magic doing this help your boy recruit players? Like I said, would you put up with this bullshit just to play with Lebron and a roster of nobodies?

The entire front office is a travesty, with the Rambis family acting like the shit is game of thrones to Rob acting like littlefinger and shit. I just wish he would have waited until some of the smoke cleared before he threw this grenade.

Yeah, I have mixed views of that. He did say he went to Jeanie and told her that I wouldn't be full time.

At that point she should have gone to someone else. Magic could have still been involved and helped recruit players and give advice.

And if I'm working 40-60 hours a week and someone else is working 20, I might feel a type of way.

All in all, I think Jeanie is the real problem. She needs to stop running it like a family business and like a real sports franchise with some structure. Going to Phil after his bullshit with the Knicks and Kurt and Linda Rambis. :smh:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah, what he describes is standard white boy workplace fuckery.

Yup. I didnt grow up around cacs so when i first started working i didnt know about the "workplace politics". Even when I caught up to the game i was at a disadvantage cause i never learned how to fake it with them.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I thought it was only for 2 years...if not,he will be everything but a knick

It's two more and an option

Lebron would be turning 37 if you would be able to get him. Why in the world would you want a 37 year old player?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Yeah, I have mixed views of that. He did say he went to Jeanie and told her that I wouldn't be full time.

At that point she should have gone to someone else. Magic could have still been involved and helped recruit players and give advice.

And if I'm working 40-60 hours a week and someone else is working 20, I might feel a type of way.

All in all, I think Jeanie is the real problem. She needs to stop running it like a family business and like a real sports franchise with some structure. Going to Phil after his bullshit with the Knicks and Kurt and Linda Rambis. :smh:

That's all I'm saying. If Magic was there 24/7 Rob would be gone, Rambis would be gone and the shit would be better off. You can't soft play the game like that. If he was there more, he would have peeped game earlier and forced Rob out or left. That would have happened a long time ago.

Now it's a shit show, the team is in shambles and more than likely Bron will ask out. Go to Philly with the kids and get back to the finals, don't stay here and get fucked over by this shell of an organization.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is insane.

I can't believe it but i think Jennie being a woman in this day and time is PROTECTING her from real criticism.

None of this makes sense.

And i believe every word Magic said on First Take...

I do not AGREE with everything

But i think he told the honest truth.

And the screwing up the Ty Lue hire was the evidence

Plus Rob and Kobe

The Rambi...

The 2 other Buss boys

The backstabbing on all levels.

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
So wait a minute
Lebron wanted a heads up that magic was leaving
The irony

No irony there.

Lebron is not a GM who recruits players and sells them a dream of building things together.

Also, while I really appreciate Magic airing out these cacs, the truth is the more he exposes them the more he kills their chances of getting any free agent.

Magic really said with a straight face that their strategy is to let Lebron do all of the recruiting this summer.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
No irony there.

Lebron is not a GM who recruits players and sells them a dream of building things together.

Also, while I really appreciate Magic airing out these cacs, the truth is the more he exposes them the more he kills their chances of getting any free agent.

Magic really said with a straight face that their strategy is to let Lebron do all of the recruiting this summer.

He's saying that Lebron didn't give his former teammates and friends a heads up when he left.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
So wait a minute
The irony
This part. :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

9lT4en.jpg

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
This is insane.

I can't believe it but i think Jennie being a woman in this day and time is PROTECTING her from real criticism.

I fo not AGREE with everything

Plus Rob and Kobe

The Rambi...

The 2 other Buss boys

Notice every time they talk about her they preface it by saying "she is a wonderful woman, wonderful owner, wonderful busineswoman..."

But when you look at the facts she's one of the worst owners in the league.

She got some big titties though...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
nam
So wait a minute
The irony

He's saying that Lebron didn't give his former teammates and friends a heads up when he left.

naw fam...that ain't the same thing at all at least to me

But yeah on the face you can say that.

Since Bron aint tell Gilbert, Wade or Riley.

But Magic the PRESIDENT.

either Lebron a player or he is NOT.

it can't be BOTH

cause them he should be the highest paid player and have front office decision making powers.

LeBron was a FREE AGENT making power moves.

Magic was a a front office BOSS with the power and responsibility as such,

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
AllUniverse17 said:

[BGOL Bron hater]"I don't feel sorry for him. He did it to himself! This is karma for what he did to Dan Gilbert, Pat Riley, and every other white coach or exec he flexed power on. He been needed to be put in his place. Go Kobe! Go MJ!"[/BGOL Bron hater]

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The FO is a travesty, and that’s all Jeanie Buss’s fault. According to Magic, he informed Jeanie that he was going to still run his business full time, however, Jeanie still wanted him.

Magic wanted to be the shot caller and have others like Rob do the day to day operational stuff. Rob encroached on that understanding by bad mouthing Magic.

I think Rob got in Jeanie’s ear about Magic lack of presence and she started listening to him and others more over Magic. Understandably, that shit can easily happen when things aren’t going right.

All in all it’s a bad situation but I learned a lot about Magic today. He ain’t going to be punked around in White Corporate America and smile while watching his power slip...he walked out because his understanding of his role changed. So often we as Black people suffer through that shit in corporate America.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
The FO is a travesty, and that’s all Jeanie Buss’s fault. According to Magic, he informed Jeanie that he was going to still run his business full time, however, Jeanie still wanted him.

Magic wanted to be the shot caller and have others like Rob do the day to day operational stuff. Rob encroached on that understanding by bad mouthing Magic.

I think Rob got in Jeanie’s ear about Magic lack of presence and she started listening to him and others more over Magic. Understandably, that shit can easily happen when things aren’t going right.

All in all it’s a bad situation but I learned a lot about Magic today. He ain’t going to be punked around in White Corporate America and smile while watching his power slip...he walked out because his understanding of his role changed. So often we as Black people suffer through that shit in corporate America.

True, but showing up when you have time and simply delegating all the responsibilities to a cat you just met was asinine.

Magic needed more hands on time, and if that meant a cut of the team or something else to make it worthwhile to him he should have done it.

He made a lot of mistakes as the face while Rob sat in the cut getting his littlefinger on to Sansa aka Mrs Buss.

That whole trade all them ninjas shit was on him and Clutch, now the CAC owner of the Pels is like kick rocks.

Every body hates Rob and nobody respects Rambis as an executive or coach.

We done for unless Bron can convince KD or KL to play with him and they make sure to run off the coach and put J Kidd on the bench full time.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

This is why when they started telling more about Jeanie and her relationship with The Rambis', Phil and Rob I was glad he left.

She worked on the business end for years with Tim Harris, so that explains why he went to Magic.

If you want someone to run the time, either you want them to do it, or you don't. That's pretty crazy that you're the president of basketball operations and you can't even make decisions.

True, but showing up when you have time and simply delegating all the responsibilities to a cat you just met was asinine.

Magic needed more hands on time, and if that meant a cut of the team or something else to make it worthwhile to him he should have done it.

He made a lot of mistakes as the face while Rob sat in the cut getting his littlefinger on to Sansa aka Mrs Buss.

That whole trade all them ninjas shit was on him and Clutch, now the CAC owner of the Pels is like kick rocks.

We done for unless Bron can convince KD or KL to play with him and they make sure to run off the coach and put J Kidd on the bench full time.

You need to stop blaming Magic for this

What was Magic supposed to do once AD and Maverick made that move?

Ignore it and not do anything? Not make any offers?

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You’re probably right, the person for the job needed to be more hands on. However, Jeanie wanted Magic and accepted his terms.

(0_0)..l.. finger

A GOD
Certified Pussy Poster
This is insane.

I fo not AGREE with everything

Plus Rob and Kobe

The Rambi...

The 2 other Buss boys

A year ago...

I call Magic