Lovecraft Country - HBO series Official Thread - Premieres August

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Based on Matt Ruff 's novel of the same name, Lovecraft Country follows Atticus Freeman (Jonathan Majors) as he meets up with his friend Letitia (Jurnee Smollett) and his Uncle George (Courtney B. Vance) to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America in search of his missing father (Michael Kenneth Williams). This begins a struggle to survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the terrifying monsters that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback.

Lovecraft Country is executive produced by Misha Green, who also serves as showrunner, J.J. Abrams, Jordan Peele, Bill Carraro, Yann Demange, Daniel Sackheim and David Knoller; based on the novel by Matt Ruff.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
how you see it?

Got access

how u gonna say something like that and then go to sleep on us?

I'm not going to spoil anything that happens so I'm just looking forward to the reactions from everyone I know there will be strong reactions

I haven't seen the entire season

However it's going to easily be a hit around here.

No other way around that

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you had told me a few years ago that HBO was going to have a superhero show dealing with racism, then follow that with a supernatural horror series dealing with racism in the 50s... Two shows with Black leads, not supporting characters... I would've been like... :hmm:

Especially when you remember they used to be hot and heavy to produce Benioff and Weiss' show about Black people still being slaves in America. :smh:

Nice course correction, HBO.

Saw the pilot the other day and really enjoyed it. I'm expecting the usual complaints like "it's focusing too much on race and not horror," and missing the point entirely. But fuck them. Lovecraft Country doesn't look like anything we've seen before. Bring on the season.

J.A.

New Orleans Legend
BGOL Patreon Investor

If you had told me a few years ago that HBO was going to have a superhero show dealing with racism, then follow that with a supernatural horror series dealing with racism in the 50s... Two shows with Black leads, not supporting characters... I would've been like... :hmm:

Especially when you remember they used to be hot and heavy to produce Benioff and Weiss' show about Black people still being slaves in America. :smh:

Saw the pilot the other day and really enjoyed it. I'm expecting the usual complaints like "it's focusing too much on race and not horror," and missing the point entirely. But fuck them. Lovecraft Country doesn't look like anything we've seen before. Bring on the season.

Any links for the pilot

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

anyone talking THAT sh*t?

Flush em

I was captivated from the OPENING 3 minutes which were FANTASTIC..

and the way the horror mixed in?

Perfect

I think the editing and pacing has been exemplary the switch in tones, the constant foreboding?

This made me SERIOUSLY consider getting HBO Max

and i already got my bgol+ lifetime membership

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Got access

I'm not going to spoil anything that happens so I'm just looking forward to the reactions from everyone I know there will be strong reactions

I haven't seen the entire season

However it's going to easily be a hit around here.

No other way around that

your pen game would FIT this perfectly
the little girl comic book artist is EXACTLY in your wheelhouse
cuz

EXACTLY

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

sidebar..

jurneee>>>>>>

is looking f*cking AMAZING in this

@ViCiouS