Louisville Police and National Guard kill unarmed black local businessman David McAtee

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
we would know the circumstances if ANYONE had their camera on.
The Minnesota police department first statement said that Floyd was resisting arrest. I think they even doubled down on it. And it’s been more than a week and they haven’t released the police cams. Maybe they’re hoping for a Chicago style cat and mouse game of taking it to the court for its release.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does that mean? Who is the swine? Is that a back handed RIP?
If so no, need for that. Just say RIP.
You answered the question yourself. “He fed them so they should know him and be cool with him.”

not a backhanded RIP but as the poster below you stated, 12 pigs all bodycams off? Yeah... something is rotten in the state of Denmark, brotha.

Jinx72

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Well more video is out now. The bbq owner fired a shot outside his business door then was hit by a fatal shot from police. 2 different camera angles show him shot his gun. Smh

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP.....aren't you tired of saying that?aren't you tired of them taking away us right or wrong just because we're black?How many more of us will have to die?you,me,some related to you or know?

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Police: Video shows BBQ restaurant owner who was killed in Louisville had fired a gun

By BRUCE SCHREINER & REBECCA REYNOLDS YONKER
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:46PM

https://abc7ny.com/david-mcatee-death-killed-louisville-curfew/6227440/

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Video shows that a popular barbecue shack operator fatally shot while police and National Guard soldiers were enforcing a curfew in Louisville fired a gun as officers approached his business, the city's acting police chief said Tuesday.

The video showing David McAtee opening fire was obtained from security cameras at his business and an adjoining business, acting police Chief Robert Schroeder said. It shows McAtee's actions while officers were trying to clear a crowd from a parking lot, he said.

"This video appears to show Mr. McAtee firing a gun outside of his business door as officers, who are using pepper balls to clear the Dino's (Food Mart) lot, were approaching his business," Schroeder said. "This video does not provide all the answers. But we are releasing it to provide transparency. It does not answer every question, including why did he fire and where were police at the time he fired?"

Police said they were responding to gunfire from the crowd.

McAtee was shot early Monday amid waves of protests in the Kentucky city since last week. But witnesses said the crowd had nothing to do with the demonstrations.

The demonstrations were set off by the deaths of a black woman from Louisville - Breonna Taylor - and a black man in Minneapolis - George Floyd - in encounters with police. Witnesses

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said he showed the video to McAtee's mother before it was released.
This is a difficult piece of the story to process," he said. "But I believe in transparency and I've heard the community demands that we share information as quickly as were able."

Witnesses said people were gathered to have a good time, not to protest.

Kris Smith said he was at a restaurant - "just outside having a good time, having drinks, eating barbecue" - when the soldiers arrived.

"As soon as I walk to my car they jump out with the sticks, the police jump out with their sticks and their shields and stuff on," Smith said. "It looked like something out of a movie. It looked like a freaking war zone."

On Monday, Fischer announced the firing of Police Chief Steve Conrad after he learned that officers involved in the shooting failed to activate body cameras at the scene. Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear had demanded the release of police video. Beshear later called the lack of body camera footage unacceptable.

Beshear authorized state police to independently investigate, promising the probe will be conducted in an "honest and transparent way that will not take months."

Late Monday afternoon, a huge group stretching several city blocks marched peacefully from downtown Louisville to the spot where McAtee was shot. Some motorists honked horns and raised fists in solidarity.

Hundreds of protesters regrouped later Monday night at downtown Jefferson Square and riot police standing shoulder to shoulder advanced amid bursts of fired tear gas, dispersing the crowd. Military-style vehicles could later be seen occupying the emptied-out square.

Louisville's curfew has been extended until June 8.

Protesters have been demanding justice for Taylor, who was killed in her home in Louisville in March. The 26-year-old EMT was shot eight times by narcotics detectives who knocked down her front door as they attempted to enforce a search warrant. No drugs were found in the home.

Floyd died after a white Minneapolis police officer put his knee on the handcuffed man's neck for several minutes, even after he stopped moving and pleading for air.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
damn - what a way to go - so does that mean they were supposed to have cameras on at all times? im still confused ...

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
Yes if you are on duty your camera supposed to be on
hmm ok well thats interestng - most body cams that they keep on only hold about 10 seconds that gets overwritten unless the officer actually pushes a button to make it record - and i dont think anyone has cameras that are on all the time - like if they are eating or not reaponding to a call the cameras can be off ...

just weird - seems like a pot of stuff went down before all the facts were known ...

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
hmm ok well thats interestng - most body cams that they keep on only hold about 10 seconds that gets overwritten unless the officer actually pushes a button to make it record - and i dont think anyone has cameras that are on all the time - like if they are eating or not reaponding to a call the cameras can be off ...

just weird - seems like a pot of stuff went down before all the facts were known ...
wow

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered
"Police: Video shows BBQ restaurant owner who was killed in Louisville had fired a gun."

:angry: THOSE! LYING! MUTHAFUCKAS! He didn't fire shit. He was waving his hand trying to tell the cops everything was cool. Are they trying to say that the gun the dude in the blue shorts dropped was his? This fucking country man....:smh:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
I dont see a gun. ANYWHERE. It looked like he was waiving at somebody. Trying to get those kids in there and out of the way. Somebody fucked up and shot. The other cops shot too and now this man is dead.

:angry:
oNE

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So this police gang murder has video?

question: why is this not blown up like George Floyd?

and I don’t care if McAtee went full :gun03: on them. If the body cams were turned off, they should all be terminated immediately for breaking protocol.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the owner had some grill tongues in his hand that he was taking meat off the fire with. i didnt see a gun. he look like he was motioning to say something

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ok 2 things,

1st he did have a gun on his right hip in a holster. Its clear as day in multiple angles and multiple points in the video. And around the 2:11 mark he does "appear to" reach his right hand onto the weapon and pull it out as he is heading out the door.....
And at 2:32 the woman holding the door points to it and is afraid to pick it up.

With that said

2, around 2:18 in the video I see what appears to be a ricochet or part of the the door frame splintering as if it was shot at to the left just as the last the last person walked into the business....

My assumption/ estimation is....

He heard the shooting, whether it was rubber bullets or real who knows, he pulled his piece cuz it was literally against the side of his business and to his door ... he returns fire maybe not knowing its the cops or because he felt he was being shot at, so it doesn't matter....then the cops claim to return fire when in fact this video shows before he was back outside, the police were shooting....

All this in the context,..... why would police shoot into a crowd/ business with a lot of people in in?

If there was someone else outside the business shooting at the police.......you still don't just shoot into a crowd of people....

With that being said, the police were wrong as fuck shooting at a crowd and into an occupied and open business

Last edited: