Louisiana Creole contingent chime in here..

Is this woman black or white?

• Black

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • White

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

clitsational

Rising Star
Platinum Member
this woman was bullied online for claiming she’s black.​
ibyq4fq8h1vc1.gif

:cool:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
And as the Williams Sisters began to reach the end of their careers, There was an obvious search for the next Black female tennis star and when Madison Keys was spotlighted, she responded "I'm not white or Black, I'm just me, I'm Madison" and Black America basically never paid attention to her again. Naomi Osaka is Haitian/Japanese and acknowledged both sides immediately became beloved.
The Black community has never responded positively to people downplaying or seemingly rejecting their Blackness
This...

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
It’s definitely not an easy or simple solution.

It is an interesting contrast though. Effectively, if Louisiana creoles don’t subscribe to the rule, which is fine, I have no gripes with that, does it then open up Pandora’s box with the Rachel Dolezal’s of the world claiming blackness?

Rachel is white, her mother is white, her father is white the Dolezals are white, and the Creole woman in the video more than likely has relatives who are much darker and "Blacker" looking than she is. No Creole family is just full of white-looking people, all of them are going to have people who range from looking fully white, mixed or Black, it even happens amongst full-blooded siblings.

This is where the woman in the video and Dolezal differ. Dolezal can try to identify with the Black experience, the woman in the video, while looking white, is very much dealing with the effects of being Black (or not white) in America, which is partly why was she moved to tears.

If being judged strictly based on looks are no longer a, or in many cases THE determining factor, are we ready as a black community to accept anyone and everyone that chooses pops in? Is the cookout invite enough of a pass?

Do these young Gen-Z’ers who are microanalytical as you say, have a point? Is gatekeeping still the answer or are we moving on from it?

So much to dissolve

I'm still of the idea that most Black People in America and the Caribbean understand that "things" happened during slavery, such rapes, placages or people just didn't give a damn about the law and they did what they wanted to do and that caused the descendants of slaves to have varying degrees of European ancestry and gave us varied looks and hair textures and attempting gatekeep people out for reasons out of their control is not healthy for the community.

When it comes to these GenZ'ers, I understand that they feel that whiteness shouldn't be so exclusive and Blackness seemingly have a low barrier for entry but given that there will be no silver bullet solution, the best option is for humanity to drop the idea of race and see everybody as human but given the fact that society is seemingly moving backwards, we are probably a millennia away from that idea.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are Creoles all over the gulf as well as a sizable portion in Southern California.. I've heard things about the DMV but I'm not knowledgeable about that.

French Town in Houston’s 5th ward is creole spot.

My girl is from new orleans, her mother, sister, brother are all browned skinned. Her sister has a son, as light as the lady posted, with redish brown hair and blue eyes. Shit's crazy how certain genes just pop up.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw this shit on X and the comments were probably some of the asinine comments I've ever seen in my life. I could only attribute them to young people or tethers. Louisiana is not the only state where there's a plethora of people who are Black that look white. I thought Ohio was another state and I know there are a few others. Like muthafuckas never heard of passing for white what exactly do these people think people who were passing looked like.

When Vanessa Williams won the Miss America contest some people thought she was white
NYPICHPDPICT000015145563.jpg

GK Butterfield is apparently Black
Butterfield_George_K_.jpg

And Carole Channing is probably the most famous person that was passing
150418201521-fast-facts-carol-channing.jpg

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm like her but I'm mixed. I probably look like Adam Clayton Powell. When I was younger, most people knew I was mixed but as America became more diverse, people began to think I'm Hispanic. I was raised around black people and always thought of myself as black. I guess some people have a problem with that. I did a DNA test and I'm 33-40% African descent.

My mom is from the northern-eastern part of North Carolina, near the Dismal Swamp. There's a lot of light skinned people in the area. It was common practice for the slave owner to free their off-spring. The free people kept marrying each other and existed as a 3rd race in the area. Up until 1940, mulatto was an official race on the US census. Anyone who was lightskinned was considered mulatto. When I look at my family census, I could see in the same household, some family members were considered black and some mulatto.

Here's a controversial opinion. I don't have a problem with someone "passing". I don't do it but if you have a white parent and people think you're white and you want to be white, fine, be white. It's your life. It's gonna be a hard life because you're giving up family and friends. You'll have to listen to white people talking shit.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
My wife's cousin already looked white with blue eyes (shaved head) but his bone structure and facial features are negro. Whites always think he's one of them until this nigga gets ti chirpin. His twin brother Blacky was brown skinned af. Both parents were "black" (Creole Black).

Anyway, the fair skinned brother married a white chick and NICCA!... when I tell you them kids look straight caucasian....

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have some DNA 23ndme cousins who are 100% white looking like Britney Spears, whose timeline for 400yrs were all black until 1850. Most have 10-25% black DNA.

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw this shit on X and the comments were probably some of the asinine comments I've ever seen in my life. I could only attribute them to young people or tethers. Louisiana is not the only state where there's a plethora of people who are Black that look white. I thought Ohio was another state and I know there are a few others. Like muthafuckas never heard of passing for white what exactly do these people think people who were passing looked like.

When Vanessa Williams won the Miss America contest some people thought she was white
NYPICHPDPICT000015145563.jpg

GK Butterfield is apparently Black
Butterfield_George_K_.jpg

And Carole Channing is probably the most famous person that was passing
150418201521-fast-facts-carol-channing.jpg

Her son
df2bb5d551078af0ce7c03f421a92c16.jpg

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm like her but I'm mixed. I probably look like Adam Clayton Powell. When I was younger, most people knew I was mixed but as America became more diverse, people began to think I'm Hispanic. I was raised around black people and always thought of myself as black. I guess some people have a problem with that. I did a DNA test and I'm 33-40% African descent.

My mom is from the northern-eastern part of North Carolina, near the Dismal Swamp. There's a lot of light skinned people in the area. It was common practice for the slave owner to free their off-spring. The free people kept marrying each other and existed as a 3rd race in the area. Up until 1940, mulatto was an official race on the US census. Anyone who was lightskinned was considered mulatto. When I look at my family census, I could see in the same household, some family members were considered black and some mulatto.

Here's a controversial opinion. I don't have a problem with someone "passing". I don't do it but if you have a white parent and people think you're white and you want to be white, fine, be white. It's your life. It's gonna be a hard life because you're giving up family and friends. You'll have to listen to white people talking shit.
What about Someone like Rachel Dolezal? Would you have a problem with that? She married black, had black kids, and gave up her previous white family and friends.

You could say she was down with the struggle.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm seeing a white lady with a possibly white passing "grandpappy"......

Ehh at a certain point you "mix" your melanin out of the gene pool.....

Take a mfkr that's white passing then add 2 generations of breeding with whites. That seems to qualify as mixed out.

Just my 2 cents

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BGOL Fam. On all I love I know her. She is not lying. Them tears are pure. But I wouldn't let anyone get to me like she is doing. She lives in Slidell or maybe Lacombe. Not going to blast her name but she rolls with my sisters. I didn't know she was all over social media like that. But I have pics of her at cookouts. I know her dad and used to date her 1st cousin. Girlfriend/boyfriend type shit. Young days. But she legit. What fucks me up is yo ass black lol. We have a nickname for that. ponce blanc.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My family is Creole and I have quite a few relatives that look similar to this woman. They are all from Louisiana and none of them seem to be as sensitive as this woman. They are all really proud to be Creole too.

I guess my family is the only one with people.of all different shades of Black. Shit head to my family reunion summer cookout and her appearance is common. I don't look like her but my cousin's do, and nobody has married white people.

I feel for her, but gotta stop reading the comments.

That's the thing, her grandfather appears to be white passing, but he's hugged up with a white women, and her mother doesn't appear to be white passing at all.....

And if the mom got pregnant by a white man....

But if 2 white passing people have kids and then those kids have partners where both parents are white passing...... where do we call the line and say yall aren't WP anymore?

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What about Someone like Rachel Dolezal? Would you have a problem with that? She married black, had black kids, and gave up her previous white family and friends.

You could say she was down with the struggle.
It's an entirely different situation. She's not passing. She's lying. She doesn't have a drop of black blood in her.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
This "White passing" bullshit sounds silly

But a real-time example would be interracial relationships between white people and Black Creoles.

Since Katrina the taboo on interracial relationships around here has largely died down when fair-skinned or white-looking Creoles, especially those with straight or loosely curly hair mix in with white people, they end up with kids that look like Isaiah Hartenstein

How they navigate being half Black and half white is going to be interesting going forward

gw1933

Rising Star
Registered
This discussion got everybody at everybody neck on twitter.

I wasnt surprised when I seen Caribbeans and Africans say light skinned creoles arent Black, but it shocked me when I seen some FBA/ADOS saying they werent Black as well.......

Even some lighter skin Black Americans who arent too far removed from the lady in the video were saying she wasnt Black

Last edited:

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
800px-Dutch_Morial_Crop_1985.jpg

This is Ernest Morial first Black Mayor of New Orleans. Outsiders would probably think dude was a white man.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
This discussion got everybody at everybody neck on twitter.

I wasnt surprised when I seen Caribbeans and Africans say light skinned creoles arent Black, but it shocked me when I seen some FBA/ADOS saying they werent Black as well.......

Even some lighter skin Black Americans who arent too far removed from the lady in the video were saying she wasnt Black

The word creole trended on Twitter for nearly 4 days straight and it might trend again tonight.

For a minute Creoles tried to explain it but a lot of people weren't having it and it just turned into "fuck you, mind your business", which might feel good to say but isn't productive.

These youngsters are taking aim at the "one drop rule" but are going about it in a divisive way.

Louisiana is just a strange place when it comes to race, not matter how you cut it.

Italians begin mass immigration to New Orleans in the 1880s.

What do you think happens when you drop, olive skinned, curly, dark haired having people into reconstruction-era New Orleans?

You end up with Blacks with Italian last names.

Last edited:

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I wonder what the tethers would say about Vanessa Williams. She has blue eyes and sometimes her skin is maybe a shade or two below white folks but she doesn't suffer from white DNA like Jasmine Guy(probably because both of her parents or Black). On another note I watched some of the NFL draft yesterday and saw a lot of Emanuel Acho's hit the league. I can't help but wonder if in the years to come whether these guys will be a problem like Acho and have the same fucked up opinions like that dude.