Lil Uzi Vert: 'I'm Done With Music I Deleted Everything'

Discussion in 'Blackgirl Online' started by playahaitian, Jan 12, 2019.

1. playahaitian

playahaitian Well-Known Member Certified Pussy Poster

Lil Uzi Vert shocked fans Friday night when he announced his decision to step away from music.

"I wanna take the time out to say I thank each and every one of my supporters but I'm done with Music," he wrote on Instagram Stories. "I deleted everything. I wanna be normal ... I wanna wake up in 2013. You are free."

[​IMG]

Complex has reached out to Atlantic for comment.

Uzi was expected to release his sophomore studio album, Eternal Atake, sometime in 2019. The Philly rapper had been teasing the project for a minute, sharing singles, snippets, and controversial visuals. During a concert in early December, Uzi told the crowd that the much-anticipated album was finally completed, though he didn't share an expected release date.

It remains to be seen if Uzi sticks to his guns, but if he does, Eternal Atake would've marked his first proper release since 2017's Luv Is Rage 2.

You can check out reactions to the news below.

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/...Trending+Widget+threecolumn+Trending_DS+node3

2. p5ych3

p5ych3 Curry Is My God BGOL Investor

liked the stuff i heard from him. hope the help he gets doesn't mess up his music.

3. jack walsh13

jack walsh13 Jack Walsh 13 BGOL Investor

I hope he keeps his promise. Fuck him and his garbage ass mumble rap music. Take a few of these new weirdos with you too. :smh:

[​IMG]

4. stretchwallz

stretchwallz Superstar ***

Thank you for quitting

5. 850credit

850credit Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Not a fan but I would like to know what brought this on.

playahaitian likes this.
  6. tallblacknyc

tallblacknyc Well-Known Member Certified Pussy Poster

Lol juss was listening to that track with him and Nikki yesterday while handling some bizz... Welp guess he was like no more making me do strange things for them checks...question is will they allow him to go so freely

Jae and roots69 like this.
  7. tallblacknyc

tallblacknyc Well-Known Member Certified Pussy Poster

Uzi: stop it, I'm not a girl, don't do that to me

Execs: you maybe not a girl but you are our bitch

The Untouchable GDFOLKS and Jae like this.
  8. exiledking

exiledking Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Perfectly fine with me. Please stick to this resolution.

9. Helico-pterFunk

Helico-pterFunk Well-Known Member BGOL Legend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_Uzi_Vert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_Uzi_Vert#Awards_and_nominations

Symere Woods (born July 31, 1994), known professionally as Lil Uzi Vert, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter.

Based in Philadelphia, Woods originally gained recognition following the release of his Luv Is Rage mixtape, which led to a record label deal with Atlantic Records under DJ Drama's Generation Now imprint.[5] Woods' climb into the mainstream began with the single "Money Longer", which debuted at number 92 on the Billboard Hot 100, his first entry on the chart. The subsequent mixtape Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World debuted at number 37 on Billboard 200 and was later certified Gold. Woods released two projects following Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World, one a collaboration with Gucci Mane. He was given his first Billboard number one single with a feature on Migos' single "Bad and Boujee", and later had his first top ten single with "XO Tour Llif3", which peaked at number 7. Woods' debut studio album, Luv Is Rage 2, was released on August 25, 2017, and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, later being certified platinum. His second studio album, Eternal Atake, is scheduled to be released in 2019.[6]

10. Helico-pterFunk

Helico-pterFunk Well-Known Member BGOL Legend

11. rage

rage Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

I'm glad he did this,hopefully he can inspire some of those other young mumble motherf#ckers to do the same.

12. doggish_098

doggish_098 Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Y’all sound like y’all parents when they talked about the music y’all listened to

Let me borrow that grinch lambo for the weekend lil homie

thismybgolname likes this.
  13. keith6

keith6 Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

14. dtownsfinest

dtownsfinest Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Gay ass nigga lying.....he gonna drop some emo shit next week and say he was hacked.

15. dtownsfinest

dtownsfinest Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Naw my parents didn’t have to worry about no fake emo depressed thugs with skinny jeans on. This shit ain’t what we listened to or what our parents listen to. Shit makes me wish for the days of Soulja Boy and Ying Yang twins and Tony Yayo.

16. Slowhands

Slowhands Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

this new generation... :smh:

2 ONE 3 likes this.
  17. doggish_098

doggish_098 Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

They had to worry about some 120 lb dude with big ass pants down to his knees and a bunch of loud colors on. 10 20 years from now it’s going to be a lot worse hip hop artist than uzi

18. Esther

Esther Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Not enough attention

19. Esther

Esther Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Kris Kross would never!!

20. gene cisco

gene cisco Thulsa-master of noids. Super Moderator

:lol: Sure do. I don't know who the fuck this rap cat is, but this generation likes what they like.

We're not supposed to get it. Been like that for decades now. I just remember all the bitter people in the 80s and 90s telling us what music used to be. Now folks running around calling music from that era classic. Never ending cycle.

thismybgolname and roots69 like this.
  21. ldub1978

ldub1978 Member BGOL Investor

anytime an artist says that just means he's feed up with his record label. Im sorry but he will be back shortly

tallblacknyc likes this.
  22. Hotlantan

Hotlantan I'm not a player, I just fuck a lot BGOL Investor

"I'm done with music so buy my new album"

[​IMG]

Not the first time he's "deleted everything" from his Instagram. Some people will fall for ANY publicity stunt :rolleyes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Atake
    On 31 July 2018, which is also Uzi Vert's 24th birthday, he removed all posts from his Instagram profile except for two - a snippet about "New Patek" and the cover art of Eternal Atake. On December 9, Uzi confirmed that Eternal Atake has been finished and is set for release.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    EchoCrash likes this.
  23. Mr.Chuckles

Mr.Chuckles Chuckle BGOL Investor

Get ya money UZI

24. big enos burrnet

big enos burrnet Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

he really didnt have to announce it just leave we really wont notice him gone...

Alumni, TimRock and Ballatician like this.
  25. THREAD_CRITIC

THREAD_CRITIC Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Uzi makes good music

26. roots69

roots69 Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Damn, I was thinking the same-thing.. Isnt he one of their up and coming artist??

tallblacknyc likes this.
  27. knightmelodic

knightmelodic The Big Cat BGOL Investor

28. roots69

Take that group called the migos and the rest of those artist they parade around us dressed up in female gear!!

29. TEN

TEN Tensei - Admin Staff Member

30. keone

keone WORLD WAR K

Did us a huge favour

roots69 and therealjondoe like this.
  31. Dr. Truth

Dr. Truth Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Troll , nigga can actually rap

32. roots69

Theres no way hip hop can last another 10-20yrs.. If it is, theres definitely something odd going on in the entertainment industry..

33. yasky777

yasky777 Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

God is good!

jack walsh13 and 404moe like this.
  34. wwetv100

wwetv100 Well-Known Member BGOL Patreon Investor

You speaking some truth here.

Well, it's #1 right now so who knows. We are usually the ones who create the new music with some great creativity. Where will it come from now?

On a side note at least Uzi was helping upcoming artists from other countries.

This just came out this week.

35. thismybgolname

thismybgolname Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

He tried of DJ Drama