Lil Uzi Vert: 'I'm Done With Music I Deleted Everything'

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lil Uzi Vert shocked fans Friday night when he announced his decision to step away from music.

"I wanna take the time out to say I thank each and every one of my supporters but I'm done with Music," he wrote on Instagram Stories. "I deleted everything. I wanna be normal ... I wanna wake up in 2013. You are free."

lil-uzi-vert-says-hes-done-with-music

Complex has reached out to Atlantic for comment.

Uzi was expected to release his sophomore studio album, Eternal Atake, sometime in 2019. The Philly rapper had been teasing the project for a minute, sharing singles, snippets, and controversial visuals. During a concert in early December, Uzi told the crowd that the much-anticipated album was finally completed, though he didn't share an expected release date.

It remains to be seen if Uzi sticks to his guns, but if he does, Eternal Atake would've marked his first proper release since 2017's Luv Is Rage 2.

You can check out reactions to the news below.

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/...Trending+Widget+threecolumn+Trending_DS+node3

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
liked the stuff i heard from him. hope the help he gets doesn't mess up his music.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lol juss was listening to that track with him and Nikki yesterday while handling some bizz... Welp guess he was like no more making me do strange things for them checks...question is will they allow him to go so freely

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_Uzi_Vert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_Uzi_Vert#Awards_and_nominations

Symere Woods (born July 31, 1994), known professionally as Lil Uzi Vert, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter.

Based in Philadelphia, Woods originally gained recognition following the release of his Luv Is Rage mixtape, which led to a record label deal with Atlantic Records under DJ Drama's Generation Now imprint.[5] Woods' climb into the mainstream began with the single "Money Longer", which debuted at number 92 on the Billboard Hot 100, his first entry on the chart. The subsequent mixtape Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World debuted at number 37 on Billboard 200 and was later certified Gold. Woods released two projects following Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World, one a collaboration with Gucci Mane. He was given his first Billboard number one single with a feature on Migos' single "Bad and Boujee", and later had his first top ten single with "XO Tour Llif3", which peaked at number 7. Woods' debut studio album, Luv Is Rage 2, was released on August 25, 2017, and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, later being certified platinum. His second studio album, Eternal Atake, is scheduled to be released in 2019.[6]

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y’all sound like y’all parents when they talked about the music y’all listened to

Let me borrow that grinch lambo for the weekend lil homie
Naw my parents didn’t have to worry about no fake emo depressed thugs with skinny jeans on. This shit ain’t what we listened to or what our parents listen to. Shit makes me wish for the days of Soulja Boy and Ying Yang twins and Tony Yayo.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Naw my parents didn’t have to worry about no fake emo depressed thugs with skinny jeans on. This shit ain’t what we listened to or what our parents listen to. Shit makes me wish for the days of Soulja Boy and Ying Yang twins and Tony Yayo.
They had to worry about some 120 lb dude with big ass pants down to his knees and a bunch of loud colors on. 10 20 years from now it’s going to be a lot worse hip hop artist than uzi

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Y’all sound like y’all parents when they talked about the music y’all listened to

Let me borrow that grinch lambo for the weekend lil homie
:lol: Sure do. I don't know who the fuck this rap cat is, but this generation likes what they like.

We're not supposed to get it. Been like that for decades now. I just remember all the bitter people in the 80s and 90s telling us what music used to be. Now folks running around calling music from that era classic. Never ending cycle.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
"I'm done with music so buy my new album"

8984.gif

Not the first time he's "deleted everything" from his Instagram. Some people will fall for ANY publicity stunt :rolleyes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_Atake
On 31 July 2018, which is also Uzi Vert's 24th birthday, he removed all posts from his Instagram profile except for two - a snippet about "New Patek" and the cover art of Eternal Atake. On December 9, Uzi confirmed that Eternal Atake has been finished and is set for release.

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol juss was listening to that track with him and Nikki yesterday while handling some bizz... Welp guess he was like no more making me do strange things for them checks...question is will they allow him to go so freely

Damn, I was thinking the same-thing.. Isnt he one of their up and coming artist??

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They had to worry about some 120 lb dude with big ass pants down to his knees and a bunch of loud colors on. 10 20 years from now it’s going to be a lot worse hip hop artist than uzi

Theres no way hip hop can last another 10-20yrs.. If it is, theres definitely something odd going on in the entertainment industry..

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol: Sure do. I don't know who the fuck this rap cat is, but this generation likes what they like.

We're not supposed to get it. Been like that for decades now. I just remember all the bitter people in the 80s and 90s telling us what music used to be. Now folks running around calling music from that era classic. Never ending cycle.

You speaking some truth here.

Theres no way hip hop can last another 10-20yrs.. If it is, theres definitely something odd going on in the entertainment industry..

Well, it's #1 right now so who knows. We are usually the ones who create the new music with some great creativity. Where will it come from now?

On a side note at least Uzi was helping upcoming artists from other countries.

This just came out this week.