LeVar Burton wants Jeopardy producers to know he's the best person to host - SIGN THE PETITION! UPDATE: LeVar says 'the fix was in'

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
But Wayne pulled it off.. having a skit made dosent mean it’s guaranteed to be good.. Wayne executing it was why it worked.. a lot of people could’ve failed attempting it.. also got to consider the skit existed based on Wayne career prior.. Wayne created that good guy image himself.. the him going dark was an idea.. it made for good tv which also was a good look for Dave being that Wayne agreed to the skit and him actually pulling it off is why people can still talk about it.. Wayne was gonna more likely find another career opportunity even without that skit due to his good guy image.. it just made the hood accept him after kinda looking at him as a cornball

completely agree

but even Wayne admits that Chappelle being genuinely remorseful that the previous skit hurt him and then doing the follow up...

bought him some much needed cred

I was always a fan of his cause I understand being a song and dance man like that?

is RARE as f*ck

people STILL don't understand what a damn entertainment genius Sammy Davis was

comedy dance tap marksman lasso singing various instruments

folk like Wayne, Jaime Foxx and Will Smith Christopher Walken...

they don't MAKE them like that anymore.

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
170508579_308422800647556_3004294842161051156_n.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
LeVar Burton Will Fly Twice As High As Jeopardy!’s Next Guest Host
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax

2083ab60e09489e21b1fb79f0aa69b7321-levar-burton.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Rich Fury/Getty Images
Take a look, it’s in a blog post. Reading Rainbow and Star Trek legend LeVar Burton is among the final slate of guest hosts for Jeopardy!, following Burton’s heavy campaigning for the gig over the past few months. Jeopardy! confirmed today that joining Burton will be anchor-commentator George Stephanopoulos, broadcaster Robin Roberts, journalist David Faber, and sportscaster Joe Buck, whose slate of episodes will conclude the show’s 37th season. These five hosts will be behind the lectern for an entire week of episodes (or five episodes) each, and as with all previous guest hosts, the show will compensate them by making a donation to their charity of choice. “Thank you to all y’all for your passionate support! I am overjoyed, excited, and eager to be guest-hosting Jeopardy!, and will do my utmost best to live up to your faith you in me,” Burton tweeted when the news became public. “You made a difference! Go ahead and take my word for it, this time.” Troy Barnes must really be thrilled.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why LeVar Burton Would Make A Good Permanent Host Of Jeopardy, According To Star Trek's Gates McFadden
MICK JOEST
PUBLISHED: MAY. 2. 2021 3:05 PM
After a lot of campaigning on the internet, LeVar Burton will finally get his chance to host Jeopardy!. Of course, the Star Trek actor has been pretty upfront that he'd like to take the job in a more permanent capacity if the show would have him. To get the lowdown on what would make LeVar Burton a great long-term host for the gig, I decided to ask one of his former co-workers, Gates McFadden.

McFadden, who spoke to LeVar Burton and her other Star Trek fans for her upcoming podcast Gates McFadden's InvestiGates: Who Do You Think You Are?, was kind enough to speak to me ahead of its premiere on May 12th. The actress spoke about how well she thought Burton would do in the Jeopardy! gig and explained her ties to the family of Alex Trebek:

I think he’d be fantastic. He’s super smart, he’s such a role model and icon for so many people. And, he’s very savvy about all of that, he’s a wonderful host. I knew Alex Trebek because his son and my son were in the same class at school in Los Angeles. Lovely family, the Trebek family. So sad that Alex died so young really, because I think he could’ve gone on until he was 120.

Jeopardy! has not announced a permanent successor for Alex Trebek yet, but it has welcomed several celebrities and former champions to fill in on the show in the interim. LeVar Burton was a popular choice for the job long before he was ever actually announced to be on the show. A petition even emerged for Burton to get the job full-time, which the actor shared on his social media.

Burton has been campaigning for the Jeopardy! job for a while, and it seems, according to Gates McFadden, that he's got the confidence to think he could pull it off. The Star Trek actress recalled a conversation with him before the news of his hosting was announced and how she could see he had potential as host:

We’ll see. After Alex died I was talking to LeVar and it was a couple weeks later and I said ‘Oh God, you’d be a perfect host,’ and he said ‘I know I would.' [laughs].

As mentioned, Gates McFadden talked with LeVar Burton and others for her upcoming podcast. Other guests for Gates McFadden's InvestiGates: Who Do You Think You Are? include Jonathan Frakes, Wil Wheaton, Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, John de Lancie, Robert Picardo, Michael Westmore, Nana Visitor, and Denise Crosby, plus others. The podcast will feature conversations not just about Star Trek but about their personal lives as well.

Gates McFadden's InvestiGates: Who Do You Think You Are? premieres on major podcast platforms Wednesday, May 12. For more on CinemaBlend's conversation with Gates McFadden, be sure to read up on what she had to say about Star Trek: Picard and the possibility of an upcoming appearance.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

he God Equation author, physicist Michio Kaku, reveals he’s a Star Trek fan, in conversation with LeVar Burton
News

Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku and Star Trek: The Next Generation’s LeVar Burton

MAY 2, 2021 - Last week, we told you about a special, virtual conversation happening between Star Trek: The Next Generation actor LeVar Burton and noted physicist Michio Kaku at the 2021 Chicago Humanities Festival. During the event, the pair discussed Kaku’s latest book, The God Equation: The Quest for a Theory of Everything, among other topics spanning pretty much the breadth of the universe. When it comes to Star Trek, both men agreed the worlds of science and science fiction are definitely related, with Star Trek inspiring the scientists and engineers of tomorrow.
Posing a scenario in which Captain Kirk flipped open his hip mounted communicator to call the Enterprise, Burton suggested that someone, somewhere was inspired. Continuing, Burton said, “That child probably grew up and became an engineer, a scientist, a designer of product, and is responsible for a piece of technology that is more common on this planet than a toaster. At least it has been in the past. That's a flip cell phone.”

Burton’s scenario isn’t far-fetched. As it turns out, Kaku is a lifelong Trekkie. During their conversation, Kaku admitted that he, too, was inspired by science fiction as a child. “I was hooked,” Kaku told Burton. “I mean, what's there not to love? Space monsters, ray guns, invisibility shields, [underwater cities]... I was hooked.” Kaku described how he was curious about things like warp drive, the fourth dimension, and hyperspace as a child. That curiosity drove him to become a physicist, seeking an understanding of the ideas that fascinated him as a child.
To read Dr. Michio Kaku’s latest book The God Equation: The Quest for a Theory of Everything, visit Bookshop.org, Amazon.com, or wherever you get your books.