Learning Daz 3d

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Daz Animation Study Update

Daz's IK chains are very basic. You don't get a full rig with dynamic IK switching. I understand why people export daz characters to animate them in Blender and then come back to Daz if they want to render in Daz. And from what I understand, you can use the diffeomorphic plug-ins to go back and forth. In a professional setting where all animations are required to be done from scratch OR you have to animate any and everything that comes at you, Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, etc is the way to go.

With that said, with Daz you have:

1. Aniblocks
    1. can easily be altered with sub-tracks using Animate2
    2. can easily be converted to keyframes on the timeline (and back).
  2. Mixamo
    1. the whole collection can be used with Genesis 1-8
  3. 3rd Party Animations
    1. Many other animations are available from renderosity, renderotica, renderhub, etc
  4. Tools like 3DU Pose Architect that make it easier to pose and animate rather than setting the poses manually yourself.
  5. mCasual plugins, his whole collection is essential.
  6. AI mocap
    1. you can make a video of your motions and then have AI apps like plask.ai give you an fbx or bvh of the animation, though you'd have to retarget it in a program like MotionBuilder or Maya to get it to work in Daz.
  7. Poses
    1. endless poses available can be starting points for animations used with ik chains
So there are a lot of tools that will help you get top notch animations without leaving Daz. And there are workarounds.

For the kind of work I'm doing, I don't really need to leave Daz. I have enough tools to get what I need done. In the video below, this dude shows an example using FK/IK switching for this Spiderman sequence. Could I do this in Daz? Yes, but it probably wouldn't be as clean as it would be in Blender. And it probably would take longer. And a bit more difficult to pull off....but it can be done. You just would need patience and a lot of add-ons....then again, you need that for Blender too.

que'd at 00:24 sec

All that said, I do wish Daz had some more advanced tools when it came to IK, but I can work with what it's offering now.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
survival_of_the_fittest_by_acidjazzguitarist_dfisdyx-pre.jpg

Survival of the fittest

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Fuckin around wit ai but it has it's limitations tho I can get shit done a lot faster and don't have to wait until I can afford a new computer to render these types of images

What ai you fucking with?? You running it on daz images??

I'm about to start fuckin with this shit:

I don't think I'm upgrading to Gen 9. I can do better with Gen 8 + AI on the realism tip or ANY art style for that matter.

I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of Gen 8. I have so much shit, YEARS worth of assets to deal with. And I'm looking at Gen9 and see no major improvements, just another figure. They said it's supposed to be better with animation but I'm not seeing how :dunno:

Last edited:

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What ai you fucking with?? You running it on daz images??

I'm about to start fuckin with this shit:

I don't think I'm upgrading to Gen 9. I can do better with Gen 8 + AI on the realism tip or ANY art style for that matter.

I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of Gen 8. I have so much shit, YEARS worth of assets to deal with. And I'm looking at Gen9 and see no major improvements, just another figure. They said it's supposed to be better with animation but I'm not seeing how :dunno:

I'm in same situation. Too many assets in Daz to leave. The only problem with the ai stuff is not customizable as far as using same characters or posing them. But I can integrate it with daz somewhat as far as what I can see so far. I just mainly like that I can get the look I want without having a super computer. Right now in Mid Journey and Stable Diffusion

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
WIP
This is my digital paint style, I dove deep into that Visual Style Shader until I really understood all the parameters.
Also came up with lighting presets to work well with the shader.

7e0f4524f37289a1c87fa67ff997c091cd913241.jpg

I reworked this image, added lines using Daz's Scripted 3Delight Outline Renderer. Then did a little post work in photoshop. I'm trying to remove the cgi-ness and make it look more like it was digitally painted. I think it's almost there, but on the next batch of images I produce, it'll be on point .

7nDD1xY.png

Last edited:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
the_dragon_princess_of_khelariah_by_acidjazzguitarist_dfj79nh-pre.jpg

The Dragon Princess of Khelariah

So you're able to get a consistent look with the ai? What you're posting looks very consistent to me.

I messed around with novel ai last night and was blown away. I see what you mean about limitations, especially on characters, but for backgrounds???

:dance::dance::dance:

I typed in "studio ghibli" and uploaded some pics and damn near fainted! This shit is fucking crazy!!

I just decreased my workload by 50% with this shit!

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you're able to get a consistent look with the ai? What you're posting looks very consistent to me.

I messed around with novel ai last night and was blown away. I see what you mean about limitations, especially on characters, but for backgrounds???

:dance::dance::dance:

I typed in "studio ghibli" and uploaded some pics and damn near fainted! This shit is fucking crazy!!

I just decreased my workload by 50% with this shit!

Yeah thas the main thing for me is the saving of time. Man for me to render this shit would take days bro. I have the same idea about the backgrounds and then doin the compositing in photoshop.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Yeah thas the main thing for me is the saving of time. Man for me to render this shit would take days bro. I have the same idea about the backgrounds and then doin the compositing in photoshop.

Amen!

I'm listening to video right now, this dude is whining about ai, calling it theft,

I'm like, FOH!

What's the difference between me studying somebody's work and then synthesizing the concept to create a new piece of art vs. a computer doing it??

The nerve of an American white man to talk about stealing somebody's work and not getting credit. :smh:

Bloom's Taxonomy 101

1. Knowledge
2. Comprehension
3. Application
4. Analysis
5. SYNTHESIZE
6. Evaluation

This is exactly what AI does, it's ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, and it works on the same principles as the human brain, it's just that it works much faster than the human brain. I don't see it as theft. I don't see it as copyright infringement. You can't copyright style, only composition and the image/sound itself.