Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dezdcoe-d0b10d04-9c89-45e8-8f2e-ff843bf6e1ae.jpg

Still Standing

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Another Test Render - Swaying Booty Clap

Genesis 1 is your best friend when it come to animation.

First off, it actually works with the IK system, aka ActivePose tool and pinning. The swaying back and forth was created with Genesis 1 by me simply pinning the figure to the floor and pulling the body back and forth on certain keyframes with the ActivePose tool . I then saved it as an animated pose preset, and applied it to G8F, with the G3F Pose adjustment. That's when I added the thigh and booty movement. I tried various methods using G3F to create that sway, and after hours, I said fuck it, I'll take my chances with Genesis 1. And with G1 I created that sway in 2 minutes.

:hithead:

Now that I have GenX fully functioning and a G8 to G3 morph converter, I can theoretically downconvert all my G8 Characters/Morphs down to Genesis 1. For animation it would sure make things a hell of a lot easier. Seriously considering taking a day or two to organize and convert all my vital shit.

mCasual has these scripts, in particular AutoLimb2015 that allows you to have somewhat of an IK system using Genesis 3. It works, but using Genesis 1 is just so much easier and straight to the point. Plus Genesis 1 can use G2 poses.

The best scenario is to have twin G1/G8 for all products. It's the best of two worlds in a way.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Next computer I get is gonna be a beast so I can get into animation as well. Shit is wild.

Yeah, one thing I'm learning,

you're gonna need either autodesk motionbuilder or reallusion iclone with 3dxchange. These are only available on windows so I'm about to cop a cheap windows machine until I'm ready to go all out with a beast machine.

Those programs help you properly retarget bvh/fbx files from plask.ai. Either that or buy a yearly membership to deepmotion.com.

This ai motion capture shit is crazy! You can make a feature length film by your fucking self!!

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I'm transcribing this runaway sequence, I'm about halfway through.

9b391d2675f978ae5f2d5e8bf6834b2d39061257.gifv

d680758423ee73ca3dfdd9dd07f49e28c16039a2.gifv

It's animated on 2's mostly, meaning that there is a distinct pose every two frames (at 24fps). I did the poses manually, took me about 30 min to get up to this point. This is akin to the traditional 2D way of animating, rather than using the automatic motion tweening generated by the computer. This is the same approach used on the latest spiderman movie. It's relatively easy to do, just a slight bit time consuming I would say.

3323015193e031281b5aac25c4751a65b7c778c2.gifv

In Daz , to copy a frame you go to Edit>Figure>Memorize>Memorize Figure Pose.
To paste a frame you go to Edit>Figure>Restore>Restore Figure Pose.

So I would arrange a pose on one frame, copy it to the next frame. Then on the 3rd frame, arrange the next pose, then copy it to the next. Rinse and repeat.

The next thing I want to try is if I can take anime snippets and plug them into motion capture AI (plask) to see if it will copy the animation. If I can do that, shiiid it's on!

Hell, now that I think about it, I can use plask to do build a library of dances and then sell the bvh/fbx files to people on second life, sims, unreal, unity, etc!!

money.gif

Last edited:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Yeah, one thing I'm learning,

you're gonna need either autodesk motionbuilder or reallusion iclone with 3dxchange. These are only available on windows so I'm about to cop a cheap windows machine until I'm ready to go all out with a beast machine.

Those programs help you properly retarget bvh/fbx files from plask.ai. Either that or buy a yearly membership to deepmotion.com.

This ai motion capture shit is crazy! You can make a feature length film by your fucking self!!

On this, I also found out it could be done in Maya too, so for Mac users you don't have to cop a pc to get shit done.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I purchased GenX with the addons for Genesis 2 & 3. This allowed me, after an exhaustive search on how to actually fucking do it :angry: , to transfer a morph from V4 to Genesis 3, and subsequently to Genesis 8. This is a V4 character from Reciecup named Aiyelle, transferred to G8F.

8b95b2937ef0c37a1e29cff4f595adc939097a40.jpg

I like the curvyness of a lot of the v4 characters, especially in the hips and the gap between the legs. It's something very distinct to V4.

And like I've said before, I fuck with Reciecup characters. She hit on the nail when it came to African-American facial phenotypes. I got most of her characters, I found some obscure website with all her old work so I purchased all the rest that I didn't already have. Now I'm planning to transfer all her stuff to G8.

Last edited:

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
WIP
This is my digital paint style, I dove deep into that Visual Style Shader until I really understood all the parameters.
Also came up with lighting presets to work well with the shader.

7e0f4524f37289a1c87fa67ff997c091cd913241.jpg

I also came up with 7 different skin tones using VSS. Ready to roll!! (No.7 is in the pic above)

009ab31b0081a2b67ec55f9c4aaa2db9ac6d1f58.jpg

Next thing is converting hair to toon style with VSS.