DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dehgupz-5599f073-9d89-49b0-b1df-476137017b02.jpg

Upgrades

Duckman11

Potential Star
Registered
Hello all I am new to Daz. I got the Ayaan hair for G8F from the Daz store and it will only render on one character at a time.

If I try to put the hair on two models in the same scene the render will crash , this happens in 3Delight and Iray.

Anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance!

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Hello all I am new to Daz. I got the Ayaan hair for G8F from the Daz store and it will only render on one character at a time.

If I try to put the hair on two models in the same scene the render will crash , this happens in 3Delight and Iray.

Thanks in advance!

You could do each model separately with the hair then merge them both into the same scene. Hope this helps.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Thanks in advance!

Yeah it most likely memory issue. There is a limit to how many characters you can load in a scene depending on your computers memory. For me it's usually more than 3 characters and try to render mine shuts down. The way to work around this is rendering seperately. Also helps to be good in photoshop or some kind of image editor.

First thing is go ahead and make the scene with the 2 characters and SAVE IT.

Within that scene make a "Group" of each character. The way to do this is select the character in the scene. Go to the CREATE pulldown menu and scroll down to New Group. A pop up comes up. Under label type in a name like Character 1 or whateva. Then look at list of items in your scene and you will see the group name. Your character is inside that group now. The small eyeball to the left of the name is open. Click on that eyeball and it will close and your character will dissapear in the scene but still be there.

Now you can render with one character invisible even tho it is still there. THen come back and click the eyeball to see it and click the eyball on the character you just rendered to make that one invisible. Render again.

Put em together in photoshop. THat's how I do it. Somebody else might have a better way like @cashwhisperer

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Yeah it most likely memory issue. There is a limit to how many characters you can load in a scene depending on your computers memory. For me it's usually more than 3 characters and try to render mine shuts down. The way to work around this is rendering seperately. Also helps to be good in photoshop or some kind of image editor.

First thing is go ahead and make the scene with the 2 characters and SAVE IT.

Within that scene make a "Group" of each character. The way to do this is select the character in the scene. Go to the CREATE pulldown menu and scroll down to New Group. A pop up comes up. Under label type in a name like Character 1 or whateva. Then look at list of items in your scene and you will see the group name. Your character is inside that group now. The small eyeball to the left of the name is open. Click on that eyeball and it will close and your character will dissapear in the scene but still be there.

Now you can render with one character invisible even tho it is still there. THen come back and click the eyeball to see it and click the eyball on the character you just rendered to make that one invisible. Render again.

Put em together in photoshop. THat's how I do it. Somebody else might have a better way like @cashwhisperer

Yeah that's same why I would do it, compositing.

I have 32 GB of memory on my machine. How much do y'all have?

@DjMorpheus @THE DRIZZY @Duckman11 @tajshan

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Last edited:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Do you know how many characters you can load before you max out? I've never really tried more than 3, I think.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant to say 32-bit setup. My bad I can how that mishap on my part.

However on my pathetic system I have loaded between 6-8 characters but that is it.