DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
declefz-c5bfb1d3-cb1d-42c7-9fc9-76e7be2c9f18.jpg

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stuff is amazing, bruh!

I've been drawing and painting, since I could hold a pencil, but I just recently started messing around drawing on my tablet.

Where does a total neophyte start, if they wanted to learn?

I would do some research. Depends on what your plans are....but saying all that I started with Poser. Recently switched to Daz 3d. Daz is free and probably a good program to start with. Some of the other cats in this thread are knowledgeable about other apps like Zbrush, Max, Cinema 4d, Blender, etc.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would do some research. Depends on what your plans are....but saying all that I started with Poser. Recently switched to Daz 3d. Daz is free and probably a good program to start with. Some of the other cats in this thread are knowledgeable about other apps like Zbrush, Max, Cinema 4d, Blender, etc.

Just looking to take my illustrations to the next level...some stuff I do free hand, import it into my ipad and work it from there..but I know what I'm doing is very elementary.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just looking to take my illustrations to the next level...some stuff I do free hand, import it into my ipad and work it from there..but I know what I'm doing is very elementary.

Man you could get into this shit and wind up fallin DEEP down the rabbit hole bruh. The possibilities are ENDLESS. I will say this tho. It's 2 different aspects to this shit IMO. Modeling....which is creating your own models from scratch. Programs like Rhino, Zbrush and others.

And then there's programs like Poser and Daz where you manipulate assets created by modelers for those respective communities. That's what I do. Then you can just manipulate what's out there and mold it into what you want without having to start from a block of clay so to speak.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man you could get into this shit and wind up fallin DEEP down the rabbit hole bruh. The possibilities are ENDLESS. I will say this tho. It's 2 different aspects to this shit IMO. Modeling....which is creating your own models from scratch. Programs like Rhino, Zbrush and others.

And then there's programs like Poser and Daz where you manipulate assets created by modelers for those respective communities. That's what I do. Then you can just manipulate what's out there and mold it into what you want without having to start from a block of clay so to speak.
Man, Poser. I actually miss that program it's probably so different now I'd have to start over from scratch.

Let me put it this way... I've messed with Poser since - Poser 5.

Are there studios that use that package or is it a mostly independent freelance artists tool?

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is an Ah-fuckin-ha moment!

Thanks, bruh..

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, Poser. I actually miss that program it's probably so different now I'd have to start over from scratch.

Let me put it this way... I've messed with Poser since - Poser 5.

Are there studios that use that package or is it a mostly independent freelance artists tool?

I messed with Poser 4. until 2020.lol

I downloaded Poser 7 and later Poser 11 but never used them shits cuz the interface had changed and I just wanted to keep working and not have to learn some new shit.

When the riots 2020 broke out I wanted to make some new shit and got into Daz. Way better in a lot of ways.

And Poser is used by some hollywood studios in pre production. Don't get caught up in the tool per se. Just find what you feel comfortable with and make some shit.