Kobe Bryant and others Dead in Helicopter crash

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

24416470-7976167-A_boy_walks_by_a_standing_board_with_messages_for_the_late_Kobe_-a-14_1581030486561.jpg

24311834-7966665-The_source_called_Kobe_a_good_guy_adding_I_knew_him_pretty_well_-a-73_1580950677464.jpg

24311802-7966665-Kobe_Bryant_attended_Lower_Merion_High_School_in_Pennsylvania_wh-a-76_1580950677485.jpg

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Kobe & Brandy at The Prom, an oral history....

this was pretty cool ...

chick from the school newspaper kept it ....wonder how much at auction ...jus sayin...

some diehard would probably buy it...she kept all the original photos also ...24 yrs....where the hell the time go ...yikes...

RTCFEZQ7QVCYTK4GRA5UMXGZ3A.jpg
OVTUJ32ZRJFJXEY6ME7OXTPF3U.jpg

Keepthapeace

well-known lurker
BGOL Investor

Scary ass re-enactment of the flight. :smh:

New NTSB report yesterday says there was no sign of engine failure based on gathered debris and no report of an engine stall.

Now, the only reasonable reasoning left to still label this tragedy an accident is the pilot was disoriented, but report confirms the helicopter actually "increased" speed... "traveling forward and descending... starting to roll on its left." This pilot was very experienced, even in bad weather and low visibility, and he was use to this flight many times surely knowing if he took a left off the 101 hwy it was toward the hills... why would he suddenly climb and then decend with increased speed, "Rising more than 750 ft (875ft) in about 30 seconds and (slowed to 125mph according to the Times) began a left descending turn" according to NTSB.

No black box, no cockpit recorder, no 2nd pilot, no-terrain alert system, no response back to the air traffic control tower after pilot said he was rising to 4000 ft. (Now, we learn with this new report, ironically, they actually decended at 4000 feet per min.)

In very bad weather and heavy fog I've seen idiots still speed in vehicles... but to go up high very fast (all of a sudden) and increase speed going down (all of a sudden) is very strange if you are NOT intending on killing yourself and everyone on board.

I mean helicopters technically can stop and hover over a flat roof house and land. Even if I'm a novice pilot, I'm not going to pick up speed if I can't see.

I'm not calling it a full out conspiracy, but I would like more information on this pilot who doesn't seem to have a wife or kids.

Reminds me alot of the Ron Brown crash... no cockpit recorders, no message to air tower before crash. Outdated safety instruments for a plane. Supposedly bad weather. Official claim pilot error due to weather.

YoBitchChoseMe

Rising Star
Registered
Fuck! They were only a hundred feet away from clear skies, but the pilot decided to do a quick decline and then left turn at the same time, and didn't realize that the terrain was rising. This shit was totally avoidable!!!
Yea because you flew a helicopter before

Keepthapeace

well-known lurker
BGOL Investor
Fuck! They were only a hundred feet away from clear skies, but the pilot decided to do a quick decline and then left turn at the same time, and didn't realize that the terrain was rising. This shit was totally avoidable!!!

Right... and he decided to pick up speed decending... right after he rose 875ft. to 2300ft. Why? And why hard dive left? I understand there's disorientation that pilots can go under in fog, but I haven't heard one pilot expain why couldn't he slow down, especially in pure white out fog, on the downward decent assuming there's no stall or engine problem? He sped up.

The 2nd tragedy here was not making sure that particular helicopter had a black box or cockpit recorder... Trust no one. Certainly "they" knew that IMO.

This young black superhero worked at being a champion like no other to max out his talent in one industry... won an oscar in an extremely short period in another industry over countless industry vets, with a near billion backed industry company and a champion out-work and out-smart you mindset... I believe he was on pace to out pace Walt Disney. They knew that too. Both won Oscar's for short animated films early... but Kobe came into the industry with much more instant influence and Kobe's Oscar was going to be much more significant and change the game in media, animated film, sports and family entertainment as a whole.